Indecisi0n

So what you're telling us is you never touch anything you're told not to touch? I'm not buying that.
Edit: That's poor training.
In all honesty if I was stopped and asked to move them I could probably figure it out but I wouldn't . If I'm not trained on it I'm not touching it . We all know if something goes wrong what they would say .

Johney

We aren't shown how to move them and told never to touch them.
Besides ever tried turning a tight corner with the wheels all the back on a long box? It's not hard too move them if you had to. Anyway I've been seeing more and more with the adjuster lever on our trailers locked down so they can't be moved.

govols019

You smell that?
I did that one time in a bad hood in Oakland on a friday afternoon. was empty so practically dragged my rear to turn my around. even drove up on sidewalk . but when i straightened out was afraid that maybe an airline popped off halfway or pinched the lines so got out to inspect everything, that was a mistake but I took my bump bar with me and 3 bloods came up and started asking me for money. said I owed a toll for entering their hood. I walked very fast around the set bumping the tires as hard as I could and telling them I was broke and it was a payday and hadn't gotten paid.

was lucky that day. I'll admit I was scared. After that was damned sure I knew where I was going and if not would put 4 ways on and ask someone. ( this was before cell phones )

Good Lord.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
I did that one time in a bad hood in Oakland on a friday afternoon. was empty so practically dragged my rear to turn my around. even drove up on sidewalk . but when i straightened out was afraid that maybe an airline popped off halfway or pinched the lines so got out to inspect everything, that was a mistake but I took my bump bar with me and 3 bloods came up and started asking me for money. said I owed a toll for entering their hood. I walked very fast around the set bumping the tires as hard as I could and telling them I was broke and it was a payday and hadn't gotten paid.

was lucky that day. I'll admit I was scared. After that was damned sure I knew where I was going and if not would put 4 ways on and ask someone. ( this was before cell phones )
Bologna

Indecisi0n

The trailer tandems are actually a fulcrum.

Definition of fulcrum

specifically : the support about which a lever turns

the camera moves on a fixed fulcrum, either horizontally (panning) or vertically (tilting)
I thought it was food.
Example: I was eating a muffin and I dropped a fulcrum on my shirt .

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
moving the tandems is sometimes easy and most times not. if it's an older trailer with lots of rust and the tandems have not been moved in some time , then good luck.

you have to perfectly straight and on a level surface and sometimes you need 2 people because the handle won't lock into place when you try to move them. I used to bring those long trailers back empty from the rail yard and then would stop by the shop and have them help me move them up. plus you have to make sure both side pins are in the holes before you go. usually the handle won't go in if they are not.

we were never trained to do it. it was just one of those things where you learned it on the job as necessary.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
So...... what’s the weight limit on a single axle trailer with a single axle 28’ pip?

I think you mean a single axle tractor and a single axle 28-foot pup.

The total maximum weight is either 52000 or 54000 lbs depending on steer tire type.

You get 20 on the drives, 20 on the trailer, and either 12 or 14 on the steers depending on the tire.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
So...... what’s the weight limit on a single axle trailer with a single axle 28’ pip?
20,000 on that single axle.

we never had to worry about weight with pups. packages don't even come close of being over. I weighed a set that was 100% once out of curiosity and I think it was about 65K. 15k short of max.

Pickles

20,000 on that single axle.

we never had to worry about weight with pups. packages don't even come close of being over. I weighed a set that was 100% once out of curiosity and I think it was about 65K. 15k short of max.

Placard on the trailer says 40,000 gross. Trailer itself weighs 11,000. That leaves 29,000 left.

My trailer has 3000 packages in it ranging from 1 lbs to 70 lbs. Even at 10 lbs a piece I am over the manufacturer weight.

Feeder665

Go big or go home!
Most pups hold 800-1000 pieces.ZZZ’s hold roughly 1500-2000. If it has 3000 pkgs in it they are all letters or small packs. I haul wine constantly. 80pkgs a pallet. 20 pallets a trailer is only 1,600 pkgs in a Z

Indecisi0n

So if your pulling a load and one marker light is out do you refuse to pull? This hub doesn't have a mechanic .

Not sure if that's being a by the book didk or not. It wasn't going far. Just curious.

Pickles

Most pups hold 800-1000 pieces.ZZZ’s hold roughly 1500-2000. If it has 3000 pkgs in it they are all letters or small packs. I haul wine constantly. 80pkgs a pallet. 20 pallets a trailer is only 1,600 pkgs in a Z

Signs and sign posts. So pretty heavy stuff that doesn't take up much room.

Pickles

So if your pulling a load and one marker light is out do you refuse to pull? This hub doesn't have a mechanic .

Not sure if that's being a by the book didk or not. It wasn't going far. Just curious.

Not at all a by the book guy. This load is seriously heavy though and drives like crap on a single axle trailer.