ManInBrown

Anyone have any good tips for cleaning the tractor windshield? My arms arent 10 feet long so i cant clean by hand. I use the extension thing in the car wash but never seems to come clean. I see guys go thru the car wash and the tractor comes out spotless. Someone give me there steps for the windshield. And how they go about taking the tractor thru the car wash. I was always told to hit no brushes when you go thru

Indecisi0n

Anyone have any good tips for cleaning the tractor windshield? My arms arent 10 feet long so i cant clean by hand. I use the extension thing in the car wash but never seems to come clean. I see guys go thru the car wash and the tractor comes out spotless. Someone give me there steps for the windshield. And how they go about taking the tractor thru the car wash. I was always told to hit no brushes when you go thru
Open the hood and jump up on the tire .

ManInBrown

Open the hood and jump up on the tire .
Spray down the windshield, then open the hood? And use the extension thingy to clean? Then close hood and spray down again? Serious question. Not being funny. I dont wash my own car. Lol. How about the actual wipers. This time of year lots of bugs. Do you pull the wipers up and off windshield and spray those down also?

Indecisi0n

Spray down the windshield, then open the hood? And use the extension thingy to clean? Then close hood and spray down again? Serious question. Not being funny. I dont wash my own car. Lol. How about the actual wipers. This time of year lots of bugs. Do you pull the wipers up and off windshield and spray those down also?
I personally don't ever clean them by hand unless the car wash us broken. We have brushes on ext poles in the car wash .I soap, scrub and spray with hose .good to go .

If the car wash is broken andI need to hit windows I pop hood, spray and papartowel glass. Just rene.ber if you fall off the time they will blame you for it .

ManInBrown

I personally don't ever clean them by hand unless the car wash us broken. We have brushes on ext poles in the car wash .I soap, scrub and spray with hose .good to go .

If the car wash is broken andI need to hit windows I pop hood, spray and papartowel glass. Just rene.ber if you fall off the time they will blame you for it .
When you do by hand do you just use windex or glass cleaner? What about when you go thru the wash? Guys told me you have to hit no brushes or it will rip sheet off the tractor. I guess they mean mirrors? I see drivers come out from the wash and it looks like the tractor was detailed. Spotless. I go thru and its nothing but streaks and its not even clean. Are these drivers scrubbing the tractor with the extension poles on the doors and everywhere else and then going thru?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
When you do by hand do you just use windex or glass cleaner? What about when you go thru the wash? Guys told me you have to hit no brushes or it will rip sheet off the tractor. I guess they mean mirrors? I see drivers come out from the wash and it looks like the tractor was detailed. Spotless. I go thru and its nothing but streaks and its not even clean. Are these drivers scrubbing the tractor with the extension poles on the doors and everywhere else and then going thru?
Yes. Wash with the brush on an extension pole and hit the no brushes to rinse.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
A lot of us keep a bottle of dish soap in the tractor, squirt a little in one of the buckets and then use the extension brush.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Our car washes suck. Use the brushes and just go through to rinse.

Get a little bottle of dawn dish soap and put some directly on the pole brushes they have when you start cleaning. The company's soap is garbage, it's a waste of time pushing dirt around.

ManInBrown

Don't touch anything inside the cab while wearing gloves. Nothing worse than getting in after a pretrip and the guy before you left grease on the steering wheel. Arrrrrgghhhhh.:angry:
Im aware of that. Thx. Im ocd about keeping everything clean. I wipe the entire inside down with wet ones every day. Thats another reason im so pissed off i cant get the outside clean. Thats why i came here and asked.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
you clean the inside also?