brostalss

Driver’s side door of an old tractor:

Cracked. Handle hanging by it’s last screw. Possibly taped in some form. Window handle about to fall off. Dirty as hell on the window sill.

Passenger side door of an old tractor: Practically new.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
We had a driver whose tractor door wouldn't open from the inside or outside. They told him to crawl in and out through the window till they could fix it. He fell to the ground and injured himself permanently. They are still paying for that decision.

Hadjabear

We had a driver whose tractor door wouldn't open from the inside or outside. They told him to crawl in and out through the window till they could fix it. He fell to the ground and injured himself permanently. They are still paying for that decision.
I-dont-believe-you.gif

over9five

Staff member
But then again, he was a stupid guy...

trickpony1

But then again, he was a stupid guy...

Ya think?
...or maybe he was like a feedah driver from a neighboring state who was told the shop didn't have time/couldn't fix the park valve on his tractor...but to go ahead and take it.

He had a roll away in our yard.
Never heard what happened to him...

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Had a guy lock himself out of his tractor at a rest stop, called dispatch, they told him it was a hot load that couldn't wait for a mechanic to get out there and instructed him to break the window. He got a rock and broke the window, then realized it was the wrong tractor..

brostalss

Had a guy lock himself out of his tractor at a rest stop, called dispatch, they told him it was a hot load that couldn't wait for a mechanic to get out there and instructed him to break the window. He got a rock and broke the window, then realized it was the wrong tractor..

Around here a lot of drivers have a spare key on the firewall under the hood. Usually by the fuse box

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
That doesn't even look used. Did they cut you a new one as a retirement gift?
I had a second key on my keychain. Shhhhh. and this key didn't match my old one. I don't know if they just put a key on it, or had changed the ignition out before I retired. I was off work for 9 months recovering from surgery before I retired. That is the brass and keychain, tho.