Trash Panda

Depends on how long you were on death row in package. When I see other feeder drivers who cry about the dumbest things because they never did package it just makes me laugh.
No death row for me yet. Off the street hire. Worked last peak and was hoping to stay on as inside help but that didn't work. Got brought back on for summer and figured it was another seasonal period but then they offered perm status.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Just curious how long does the honeymoon phase in feeders last? After being in the industry a few years getting taken advantage of its nice not having to work 14-16 hr days and being compensated properly aka OT after 8.
If you came up the hard way the honeymoon will last as long as you want. Feeder gets easier with the more experience you get. The hardest part for me was in winter and chain conditions.

The other hard part is keeping the weight off. You have to make time for the gym.

Nc070310

Hey everyone,
I work for another trucking company and am looking at applying for a feeder job off the street where I am.
I have one preventable accident in the yard where I damaged the mirror on my truck. I got a warning letter for this. My question is would this preventable accident be considered a chargeable accident in UPS terms? Not sure what to put on the application as I don't want to be dishonest. But I also don't want it to DQ me from applying either.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Hey everyone,
I work for another trucking company and am looking at applying for a feeder job off the street where I am.
I have one preventable accident in the yard where I damaged the mirror on my truck. I got a warning letter for this. My question is would this preventable accident be considered a chargeable accident in UPS terms? Not sure what to put on the application as I don't want to be dishonest. But I also don't want it to DQ me from applying either.

Pretty sure UPS only cares about your driving record, if you weren't ticketed/charged by the state I wouldn't worry about it.

Johney

I'd say over half of our hourly runs are now 4x10, probably 1/3 of our mileage runs. At least on the mileage your daily pay isn't impacted.
The 4-10's here are rarely effected as they are always looking for guys to work their 5th report. So you can get the o/t or not at your choice.

Johney

Hey everyone,
How would they even find out about this yard accident?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Hey everyone,
There is a lot of paperwork. They only want your DMV 10 year driving history. yes. you wanna be honest on your paperwork as they may hire you for training while they are doing a back ground check.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
The 4-10's here are rarely effected as they are always looking for guys to work their 5th report. So you can get the o/t or not at your choice.

Must be nice, my building has 4x10 drivers struggling to get 40 hours. Our management does everything they can to avoid bypass load which limits extra work.

Johney

Must be nice, my building has 4x10 drivers struggling to get 40 hours. Our management does everything they can to avoid bypass load which limits extra work.
We have one run that's 4-10 that is exactly 40 hours and that guy love's it, the rest hit 45-48 every week.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
If you came up the hard way the honeymoon will last as long as you want. Feeder gets easier with the more experience you get. The hardest part for me was in winter and chain conditions.

The other hard part is keeping the weight off. You have to make time for the gym.

Or be a stripper