Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Los Angeles (San Fernando Hub) to Brooklyn,Iowa and back. We go thru Denver. It's Tuesday thru Thursday.

That's the entire run?

If we had something like that they would screw it up by adding other legs to it. Some of ours are Tuesday to early Friday but then go back out for 18-26 hours early Sunday into Monday morning. Those are the legs that are always open because drivers use option days on them all the time.

brostalss

That's the entire run?

If we had something like that they would screw it up by adding other legs to it. Some of ours are Tuesday to early Friday but then go back out for 18-26 hours early Sunday into Monday morning. Those are the legs that are always open because drivers use option days on them all the time.

That's it. We will bring back a load that goes to one of our other Hubs (Grande Vista or Cerritos) then T/O back to San Fernando. A few teams are back around 4:00pm Thursday.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
That's it. We will bring back a load that goes to one of our other Hubs (Grande Vista or Cerritos) then T/O back to San Fernando. A few teams are back around 4:00pm Thursday.

Wow, that has to be one of the sweetest jobs at UPS, other than the lower pay, it's only like 1,750 miles each way. Do they even hit $100k running that? It would also have the potential for lots of bad weather!

I'm surprised they don't add other legs gong back to the Salt Lake City building or somewhere towards Mesquite, TX.

brostalss

Wow, that has to be one of the sweetest jobs at UPS, other than the lower pay, it's only like 1,750 miles each way. Do they even hit $100k running that? It would also have the potential for lots of bad weather!

I'm surprised they don't add other legs gong back to the Salt Lake City building or somewhere towards Mesquite, TX.

Weather is an issue. They do send them thru the southern route (I-40) when weather is bad. I’ve heard stories of being stuck for hours due to weather. A lot of the Sleeper guys try and get extra work. We have 14 total sleeper teams here at San Fernando. 11 to Iowa. 2 to Chicago and one Double Denver.

brostalss

I did a leg from Brush,Co to Brooklyn,Iowa. Nothing but heavy rain and fog the whole way there. I’ve never been so mentally exhausted.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
The last five years I worked had the same run where the meet point was in the middle of no-where. It was called Newall up near the Oregon border. It was really nice because the stars would be super bright and it easy to sleep up there. Some drivers carried a small bag of tools and parts like lights and that short air hose for the dolly just in case. Otherwise it was a long wait for a tow truck to come out there to help.

Winter could be a bear with the mud and such. A couple times we would have to throw on a drive chain just to get out of the dirt parking lot because of snow or mud.

That was a great run. It was all 2 way highway . About 4:15 run time each way but very little traffic, mostly trucks. There is a little town called Alturas that was kind of nice to stop for a break and talk to someone. Otherwise It was a lonely trip in the California high desert.

Funny , I sort of miss it sometimes and could not believe I was paid well to make that trip. The only downside was in the winter because there was sometime snow and there was one chaining point but out in the middle of no where we would try to make it without chains with the power divider. The CHP was hardly around. Plus we had to be back to the hub by 7 a.m. for sort . That could be a challenge sometimes.

brostalss

I don’t believe it. I’m at Bakersfield Hub waiting for the Lathrop driver to mosey on down. The car wash here actually works. I’m in shock. Our has been out of commission for about a year now.

I saw this bid posted. Is this open only to qualified feeder drivers or can Package bid on it too?

Attachments

• 20190713_192046~2.jpg
    20190713_192046~2.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 183