Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
, i want to know do sleepers split the .86 cents a mile

Stop being lazy and download the contract and supplement. Google Teamster UPS contract to find all of them. I think Chicago is local 705 or 710 but someone else can clarify that.this is an important decision, you need to know everything.

In my area sleepers also get an extra $.015 cents per mile on top of the regular mileage rate. So we're close to $0.88 and also get a per diem. The per diem is 3.5 cents per mile on all miles.

When I estimate what I'll get covering a sleeper run I just figure $.95 per mile on half the scheduled miles because all miles are split evenly. On top of that you also have your hourly pay for when you're on the yard or fueling and washing. You give them two hours at your longest leg, but actually get paid for part of that if you have to fuel and wash or go on any type delay.

I cover part of a run quite a bit, it's 2400 miles with three legs. The first is roughly Eleven hundred Miles, we get there get paid 40 minutes to fuel and wash, then turn and burn. That's the farthest from my domicile so we have to give them two hours but it still paid 20 minutes each for washing fueling but do the coupling and pre-trip and post-trip for free. We then take those loads 900 miles and get paid for every minute we're on the yard at the second location. Sometimes that can be up to 4 hours waiting on a preload to be ready. Then it's back to our building and we get paid for nothing except fueling and washing if we have to do that, again that would be 20 minutes for each. and straight time those legs would take roughly forty-two hours and pay $1,375.. I'm greedy and only cover when I get overtime, so I would usually make $1,700 or so for the same work.

what determines hourly or mileage rate on a daily run

That's a very good question and I don't know if anyone actually knows. All sleeper runs are paid mileage 100%.

We have daily runs going to the same location pulling the same loads one is paid hourly the others are paid mileage.the hourly run is scheduled to depart roughly 45 minutes earlier, but it's over 600 miles on the run.

Other buildings I meet with are paid mileage on anything over 500 miles round trip. Jacksonville, which is a large hub, has zero mileage runs. I guess it just depends on management and what they want to do.

I use voice to text so I'm sure there are tons of errors in this and post.

Good luck!

Mack37

can someone still plz answer my 3 questions! pretty plz with a cherry on top, i want to know do sleepers split the .86 cents a mile, what determines hourly or mileage rate on a daily run, and how do i do upsgo on pc/desktop!!!???

I’m fairly certain you split miles and not rate. You just started so it’s .58 a mile plus whatever extras.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
can someone still plz answer my 3 questions! pretty plz with a cherry on top, i want to know do sleepers split the .86 cents a mile, what determines hourly or mileage rate on a daily run, and how do i do upsgo on pc/desktop!!!???
As stated you split the miles, hourly for delays/fuel, per diem is $50/day.

It's negotiated in the work rules if other than Layover/Sleeper. We have no mileage runs other than Layover/Sleeper in AZ, California has a bunch of new non-Layover mileage runs so it varies.

I just use Upsers.com when I hate myself, the Upsgo app would probably have to be used on a tablet.

Mack37

Stop being lazy and download the contract and supplement. Google Teamster UPS contract to find all of them. I think Chicago is local 705 or 710 but someone else can clarify that.this is an important decision, you need to know everything.

In my area sleepers also get an extra $.015 cents per mile on top of the regular mileage rate. So we're close to $0.88 and also get a per diem. The per diem is 3.5 cents per mile on all miles.

When I estimate what I'll get covering a sleeper run I just figure $.95 per mile on half the scheduled miles because all miles are split evenly. On top of that you also have your hourly pay for when you're on the yard or fueling and washing. You give them two hours at your longest leg, but actually get paid for part of that if you have to fuel and wash or go on any type delay.

I cover part of a run quite a bit, it's 2400 miles with three legs. The first is roughly Eleven hundred Miles, we get there get paid 40 minutes to fuel and wash, then turn and burn. That's the farthest from my domicile so we have to give them two hours but it still paid 20 minutes each for washing fueling but do the coupling and pre-trip and post-trip for free. We then take those loads 900 miles and get paid for every minute we're on the yard at the second location. Sometimes that can be up to 4 hours waiting on a preload to be ready. Then it's back to our building and we get paid for nothing except fueling and washing if we have to do that, again that would be 20 minutes for each. and straight time those legs would take roughly forty-two hours and pay $1,375.. I'm greedy and only cover when I get overtime, so I would usually make $1,700 or so for the same work.

That's a very good question and I don't know if anyone actually knows. All sleeper runs are paid mileage 100%.

We have daily runs going to the same location pulling the same loads one is paid hourly the others are paid mileage.the hourly run is scheduled to depart roughly 45 minutes earlier, but it's over 600 miles on the run.

Other buildings I meet with are paid mileage on anything over 500 miles round trip. Jacksonville, which is a large hub, has zero mileage runs. I guess it just depends on management and what they want to do.

I use voice to text so I'm sure there are tons of errors in this and post.

Good luck!

I’m pretty sure he’s looking at the 2019-2022 top rate scale instead of the scale he is on. That’s all I can figure since he said .86 and that’s the top rate for this year.

His mileage rate is much much lower for the next 3-4 years.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
As stated you split the miles, hourly for delays/fuel, per diem is $50/day.

It amazes me that even per diem for sleepers is different depending on your supplement. As I said, we get $.035 for all miles which would be less than your $50 a day most of the time.

If you start at 23:00 Saturday and finish at 01:00 Monday would you be paid $150 per diem? If so that's a good deal for your supplement.

Indecisi0n

Who makes the call when a near full trailer can be pulled ? The local sup?

Sometimes they ask if I can wait. Depending on what I have going on I'll say yes or no .

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Your pull time dictates when. :rolleyes:

I’ve had this argument with many dispatchers over the years. It’s not my job to tell the hub sups to close the door. Dispatch tells me to tell the hub to close the door. Nope. I will tell the hub I’m supposed to get going, but it’s on management to make that happen.

Pull times mean nothing to me. I don’t even know what mine are.

Indecisi0n

I’ve had this argument with many dispatchers over the years. It’s not my job to tell the hub sups to close the door. Dispatch tells me to tell the hub to close the door. Nope. I will tell the hub I’m supposed to get going, but it’s on management to make that happen.

Lol I am the same way .

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Pull times can be flexible and sometimes not. Certain pulls I made were hot, (airport and some sunrise center loads) and some had some wiggle room. I was usually aware of the pull times, and I'd keep the hub supervisor updated several times how many minutes I had till this ship sailed. If they wanted to hold me on the door after my pull time, I'd call either yard control or the feeder dispatcher, and put the ball in their court. Either they would tell me to wait a certain amount of time, or they would call the hub supervisor directly and tell them NOT to hold me at all. My feeder management team was real keen on asking me a week later "Why did you pull 5 minutes late on such and such a door last Thursday?" Hell, I can't remember what happened an hour ago, let alone last week.

Feeder665

Go big or go home!

For the most part I agree. Was just stating the simplest answer to his question.

Most pull times have wiggle room. Some don’t. But ultimately it’s on them to get us out before our official pull time.

Indecisi0n

For the most part I agree. Was just stating the simplest answer to his question.

Most pull times have wiggle room. Some don’t. But ultimately it’s on them to get us out before our official pull time.
Most of the time the pull times are off by hours. I am sent to take a load at 1800 and its pull time it 10:00. The belt sup looks at me like I am nuts. I said hey, I was just in dispatch and this is what they want me to pull don't look at me like I am nuts. Thats when they start asking "well can you just hand a bit...". I will always lets them wrap up but If I am normally waiting about longer than half hour/forty five mins then I will call dispatch just to CYA.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Actually I misspoke. Our Layovers receive $50/day per the West supplement & UPS reimbursement guidelines, but the Sleepers get $35/1000 miles pro-rated. Sleepers don't have to turn in receipts. Basically that is the same as you're being paid, just stated differently. The receipt hassle probably isn't worth the extra money.

It amazes me that even per diem for sleepers is different depending on your supplement. As I said, we get $.035 for all miles which would be less than your $50 a day most of the time.

If you start at 23:00 Saturday and finish at 01:00 Monday would you be paid $150 per diem? If so that's a good deal for your supplement.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
If they wanted to hold me on the door after my pull time, I'd call either yard control or the feeder dispatcher, and put the ball in their court.

The ball is already in their court.

Feeder dispatch knows my pull time.

The PT sup on the belt knows my pull time. And if he doesn't, that's management's fault, not mine.

It's not my job to do their job.

It's not my job to tell dispatch that the PT Sup is not doing his job.

I will pull when the door closes.

govols019

You smell that?
Well.... that's one way of doing it.
IMG_20190723_154111-01.jpeg