brostalss

We're at now now.

What happened to then? We missed it. When? Just now.

When will then be now?

Soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Soooo, sleeper teams don't know that they crossed a time zone and they are now an hour ahead or behind? I doubt that. There has to be some other reason.

They aren't supposed to change time in different time zones but I've been out a couple times where it has. One time the time zone change messed up the 10 hour reset for the driver coming out of the berth, the computer thought it was an hour short of the 10 hours. Maybe this clock is now used for HOS purposes in the ELog.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
They aren't supposed to change time in different time zones but I've been out a couple times where it has. One time the time zone change messed up the 10 hour reset for the driver coming out of the berth, the computer thought it was an hour short of the 10 hours. Maybe this clock is now used for HOS purposes in the ELog.
Maybe. All I know you log the time from your home base. The computer should be the same. I ran 48 states for a short period before getting on with UPS.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Maybe. All I know you log the time from your home base. The computer should be the same. I ran 48 states for a short period before getting on with UPS.

The "computer" as you call it is just an Android phone.

If the "Automatic date and time" is turned on in the settings, it will change the device time as you cross time zones and screw up your HOS.

Either disable the Automatic date and time or have an additional feature to calculate your HOS based on your home time, which it seems they have just finally done.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!

If the "Automatic date and time" is turned on in the settings, it will change the device time as you cross time zones and screw up your HOS.

Either disable the Automatic date and time or have an additional feature to calculate your HOS based on your home time, which it seems they have just finally done.

They said our problem came after an update to the sleeper software. Somehow the automatic time feature was turned on after the phone did it's update.

Our sleeper tractors have their own IVIS assigned to them. I'm not sure if they update on a different schedule than the regular feeder IVIS phones.

Johney

Not sure how this can happen we can't change any settings on our IVIS-phones. The first one's we could change the font, but the new one's you can't do anything in settings.

They said our problem came after an update to the sleeper software. Somehow the automatic time feature was turned on after the phone did it's update.

Our sleeper tractors have their own IVIS assigned to them. I'm not sure if they update on a different schedule than the regular feeder IVIS phones.
Every driver in our building has their own IVIS although we don't have any sleeper team runs.