Ask a Feeder Driver, Feeder Driver FAQ

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by 104Feeder, Dec 11, 2012.

1. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

I ran team twice. One for 2 weeks and quit because my co-driver would fall asleep at the wheel. I couldnt sleep while he drove. the second time lasted about 10 days. the co-driver was excellent but I couldnt sleep too well from worry. both were non union mileage pay jobs.

no thanks.

2. olroadbeech

we pulled double 45's right in the Reno area and going to Carlson and Salt Lake City layover. Insane to run those double 45's in the heart of Reno from Customer warehouses but they were legal. Even though the speed limit is 65 I usually drove 45-55 for the 10-15 mile round trips for pick ups.

3. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

Bologna

4. brostalss

brostalss Active Member

Los Angeles (San Fernando Hub) to Brooklyn,Iowa and back. We go thru Denver. It's Tuesday thru Thursday.

5. brostalss

brostalss Active Member

I want to build triples in the yard once and pull it around the building.

6. Yeet

Yeet Inbound, turnaround, go to town

My record is 4 before someone comes out and stops me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. olroadbeech

That's funny One of our drivers built 5 on a saturday morning and kept driving around building. since there was only a weekend dispatcher , no one said anything.

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Maple Grove MN Driver

Bologna

9. Maple Grove MN Driver

Brooklyn, Iowa?
    There isn't a hub in Brooklyn Iowa.

10. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Truck stop on I-80 would be my guess

11. Trash Panda

Trash Panda Member

I see swaps all the time at the kwik star. Must be a relay point

12. Rick Ross

Rick Ross I'm into distribution!!

That's the entire run?

If we had something like that they would screw it up by adding other legs to it. Some of ours are Tuesday to early Friday but then go back out for 18-26 hours early Sunday into Monday morning. Those are the legs that are always open because drivers use option days on them all the time.

13. brostalss

brostalss Active Member

With cheese?

14. brostalss

brostalss Active Member

We meet at a truck stop/Denny's. Exit 201 off of I-80.

15. brostalss

brostalss Active Member

That's it. We will bring back a load that goes to one of our other Hubs (Grande Vista or Cerritos) then T/O back to San Fernando. A few teams are back around 4:00pm Thursday.

16. Rick Ross

Rick Ross I'm into distribution!!

Wow, that has to be one of the sweetest jobs at UPS, other than the lower pay, it's only like 1,750 miles each way. Do they even hit $100k running that? It would also have the potential for lots of bad weather!

I'm surprised they don't add other legs gong back to the Salt Lake City building or somewhere towards Mesquite, TX.

17. brostalss

brostalss Active Member

Weather is an issue. They do send them thru the southern route (I-40) when weather is bad. I’ve heard stories of being stuck for hours due to weather. A lot of the Sleeper guys try and get extra work. We have 14 total sleeper teams here at San Fernando. 11 to Iowa. 2 to Chicago and one Double Denver.

18. brostalss

brostalss Active Member

I did a leg from Brush,Co to Brooklyn,Iowa. Nothing but heavy rain and fog the whole way there. I’ve never been so mentally exhausted.

19. Curt

Curt New Member

Check your inbox

20. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Don’t see anything