quad decade guy

Why do so many Feeder drivers insist on not putting the light cord and hoses back in their respective holders? They seem to prefer to bungee them down to the catwalk which is a tripping hazard that I am obligated to remove every time

Safety? These are are the same guys wearing headsets(talking on the phone) on the yard, twirling the handle, running stop signs, speeding on the yard, no post trip on and on. Procedures? Naw. And saying something to them about it, will get you a punch in the face and shown Article 18...

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Safety? These are are the same guys wearing headsets(talking on the phone) on the yard, twirling the handle, running stop signs, speeding on the yard, no post trip on and on. Procedures? Naw. And saying something to them about it, will get you a punch in the face and shown Article 18...
I get yard control training ad nauseum.

quad decade guy

I get yard control training ad nauseum.

I'm curious- besides fixing the problem yourself, how did you prevent it from happening over and over? You seem powerless and accept it as fate. Well, besides talking about it here. And you get yard control training ad nauseam, the feeder drivers get hose placement ad nauseam. Yet, mechanics ignore yard procedures and feeder drivers ignore safety procedures. Which all eventually lead to injuries, breakdowns and even fatalities. Yet, try to make meaningful change, you are met with hostility, anger and perhaps violence. Not to mention apathy and indifference. I'd really like to hear your logic and reasoning.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I'm curious- besides fixing the problem yourself, how did you prevent it from happening over and over? You seem powerless and accept it as fate. Well, besides talking about it here. And you get yard control training ad nauseam, the feeder drivers get hose placement ad nauseam. Yet, mechanics ignore yard procedures and feeder drivers ignore safety procedures. Which all eventually lead to injuries, breakdowns and even fatalities. Yet, try to make meaningful change, you are met with hostility, anger and perhaps violence. Not to mention apathy and indifference. I'd really like to hear your logic and reasoning.
Not really an issue, just a statement of fact. I do comply best I can and enforcing the compliance of others is not my business. I just tire of the repetition on training. I work alone and unsupervised, so i go about my duties carefully.

Last edited:

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider

I get all the other stuff but twirling the handle?? I think you’re being a little ridiculous on that one. Who the hell doesn’t do that?

542thruNthru

I get all the other stuff but twirling the handle?? I think you’re being a little ridiculous on that one. Who the hell doesn’t do that?

He doesn't! He doesn't do anything unsafe....ever.
AW302981_14.gif