qdg2

To all:

Work on your equipment at your own peril. Authorization to do so is an all together different discussion. Yes, you could replace your engine if you had the means on road.....

Zip tie and duct tape all day.

Get micro D O T'd and might come away a believer.......no? Call Trucker Schlock for authorization/pay your ticket.

Peace.

Thebrownblob

To all:

Work on your equipment at your own peril. Authorization to do so is an all together different discussion. Yes, you could replace your engine if you had the means on road.....

Get micro D O T'd and might come away a believer.......no? Call Trucker Schlock for authorization/pay your ticket.

Peace.
I won’t speak to working on equipment, but have you ever considered using zip ties and duct tape on yourself?

Trucker Clock

To all:

Peace.

believe me.gif

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
The market rate adjustment for our area is 30$. So i would assume they are getting 30$ for 4 years until they hit top rate.
That is garbage. Rail workers in Iowa are now paid $43.00/hr to come to work and try not to get fired for 12-19 hours a shift…

The fired part can and will come with time but it is temporary and mitigated by “Can Insurance” for $201/day

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
That is garbage. Rail workers in Iowa are now paid $43.00/hr to come to work and try not to get fired for 12-19 hours a shift…

The fired part can and will come with time but it is temporary and mitigated by “Can Insurance” for $201/day
Thats why there is a train worker shortage. They could definitely make more doing sleepers at ups.

NinthPrince

Hello Everyone. I have been browsing this forum for a few days now looking for some answers about the casual feeder position. I’m located in New Jersey and I was hire of the street for this position and I just have a few questions that hopefully someone can answer them for me.

Does casual just mean that the position is seasonal? I was told that the position is full time mostly working nights at $21 a/h and that is permanent not seasonal but going by what I’m reading around it could just be seasonal work.

I’m 41 years old and have a child and my expenses are about $1,500 a month max and have a kind of a big saving to hold me down. Well my question is, It’s worth it getting into this at my age and play the waiting game at this company ??

I’m taking the road test tomorrow, I’m about 12 minutes away from the hub and I don’t mind being on call as long as there is work available.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hello Everyone. I have been browsing this forum for a few days now looking for some answers about the casual feeder position. I’m located in New Jersey and I was hire of the street for this position and I just have a few questions that hopefully someone can answer them for me.

Does casual just mean that the position is seasonal? I was told that the position is full time mostly working nights at $21 a/h and that is permanent not seasonal but going by what I’m reading around it could just be seasonal work.

I’m 41 years old and have a child and my expenses are about $1,500 a month max and have a kind of a big saving to hold me down. Well my question is, It’s worth it getting into this at my age and play the waiting game at this company ??

I’m taking the road test tomorrow, I’m about 12 minutes away from the hub and I don’t mind being on call as long as there is work available.

Why not doesn’t sound like you have anything else going on

HFolb23

Better clarify that it’s an actual full-time position (meaning your progression begins immediately after you qualify) and not “full-time hours” but you’re actually a part timer waiting on a full time bid.

UPS has a nasty habit of hiring as many people as they can in the fall, using them all Christmas season, and then when the work dies off completely the 1st or 2nd week of January those new hires wind up getting starved out and quitting on their own because they’re so low on the seniority list that they aren’t getting any work.

NinthPrince

thanks, let’s see what happens. They had the same position at another location starting at $36 an hour, so going by what I read here that could actually be a seasonal position ( Secaucus,NJ)

qdg2

Did you ask your UPS hiring person(not sure what they are called these days)?

Ask them exactly what your status would be? And what would happen? In any event, whatever happens.....won't until January at least. Then, you will compete with other folks of your status.

Here, we have lot's of 40-60 yo off the street hires. Yes....60. Note: lot's of bitching among those folks. Working weekends and holidays and being on call. Note: Being on call.......you will be abused. Dispatch does not care. Your family or personal time or schedule will not matter AT ALL to them. These folks bitch loudly about pay progression. But a lot of these folks came from the oilfield or got layed off or have been from job to job throughout their working life. UPS being their best prospect. Benefits being a top draw.

30 and out(retirement) would mean working till 71 or even older for you.....depending on when you made seniority. Think through that......hard. You asked if it would be worth it.......see above. I wouldn't do it. I do know a fellow driver that gave up 15 years at Yellow Freight for UPS in his early 40's....a brand new hire off the street.
Usually but ifyou’re worth a :censored2: they’ll keep you around and find something for you to do
This may or may not be true or realistic. I don't know a lot of employees that are given "something to do...." in any job description. Not at UPS. In my experience.

NinthPrince

Ask them exactly what your status would be? And what would happen? In any event, whatever happens.....won't until January at least. Then, you will compete with other folks of your status.

Here, we have lot's of 40-60 yo off the street hires. Yes....60. Note: lot's of bitching among those folks. Working weekends and holidays and being on call. Note: Being on call.......you will be abused. Dispatch does not care. Your family or personal time or schedule will not matter AT ALL to them. These folks bitch loudly about pay progression. But a lot of these folks came from the oilfield or got layed off or have been from job to job throughout their working life. UPS being their best prospect. Benefits being a top draw.

30 and out(retirement) would mean working till 71 or even older for you.....depending on when you made seniority. Think through that......hard. You asked if it would be worth it.......see above. I wouldn't do it. I do know a fellow driver that gave up 15 years at Yellow Freight for UPS in his early 40's....a brand new hire off the street.

This may or may not be true or realistic. I don't know a lot of employees that are given "something to do...." in any job description. Not at UPS. In my experience.
Thank you, I’m ready to put in the work and hopefully something really good comes out of this. Anywhere I go I’m sure it will be the same thing, just starting from the bottom and pu in lute work … it’s the beer company or this and the beer company is the same, I have to start from bottom and gain seniority……I’m 100% I can handle it.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

“Something to do” is a figure of speech
Didn’t expect you to understand
Anything else you need help with understanding let me know
Were you born this ignorant or
Is it learned behavior ( if you don’t understand what that means just ask)

qdg2

“Something to do” is a figure of speech
Didn’t expect you to understand
Anything else you need help with understanding let me know
Were you born this ignorant or
Is it learned behavior ( if you don’t understand what that means just ask)
To all: Noting where the personal attacks began.....especially admin. I'll respond in kind momentarily.

The OP will just have to evaluate which response is more "ignorant" than the other while providing the most help and guidance....I wouldn't apply for a job based on a "figure of speech".....

My response is learned behavior....true. 40+years of experience.

Say, why would an OP listen to a guy that doesn't even work at UPS? Good question. Especially currently...

I will say, I'm surprised your response wasn't filled with bullying or disparagement or even some sort of sexual innuendo.
Like your disparagement of the woman(women) in the other thread(21 year pt female).......that's more your MO. I believe she called you a bully. Most satisfying I will admit. And spot on.

Again, my words stand for the OP. He needs to know a casual position is just that.......flushed after Christmas(Peak). If I were him and looking for something permanent....I'd look elsewhere. I'm not sure why delivering beer was his only other choice.