over9five

Staff member
you should. TSA requirement though TSA rarely audits the trailers. some use the yellow plastic ties they use on air trailers.
If you could post a link to that in their rules, I'd press the issue at work. I do like to see things done right.

MaceFremonti

The majority of our Sterlings are really starting to show their age. Especially compared to the newer Macks and Kenworths. Some of the older guys still LOVE their Sterlings and take them over the newer equipment if they have the choice.

A

anonymous6

I got it.

I usually pop it out of gear with the clutch, bring rpms up and put in gear without clutch. Sterling likes it that way.

I don't even know how to use the clutch while shifting. I always get written up for that on my annual. I don't even use clutch in my personal vehicle. ( except for reverse and 1st, of course )

pretender

I don't even know how to use the clutch while shifting. I always get written up for that on my annual. I don't even use clutch in my personal vehicle. ( except for reverse and 1st, of course )

Same here...I used to practice using the clutch a couple of days before my annual (if I had notice), but then I just said to heck with it--They need to write up something anyway, so it may as well be for not using the clutch.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
That part timer puts in half the time I do, but gets to enjoy the same health benefits in my local. I work 60 hours a week as a full timer, he/she works 20. It was the rule when I started and doubt it will ever get changed.

That PTer is making one-fourth of the hourly wage you are; as a whole, his total annual compensation package is probably less than a third of yours. If he's working a third of the hours as you, shouldn't he be making a third of the compensation? Not to mention that he's probably much younger than you, and unmarried, meaning that his health care is substantially less than yours, thus his annual compensation is probably less than one-fifth of yours.

rushfan

I'm not fat, I eat better, and ENJOY working at UPS. Yes, I sometimes have 12 hr days. The best career change for me at UPS was to become a feeder driver.

bluehdmc

The majority of our Sterlings are really starting to show their age. Especially compared to the newer Macks and Kenworths. Some of the older guys still LOVE their Sterlings and take them over the newer equipment if they have the choice.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Would rather have my 267xxx Sterling than a 271xxx Sterling or the Kflopper rattletrap I drove yesterday. I admit the Sterling is a little louder, but the throttle response is much better. '
The Kenworths all rattle like crazy when pulling a hill, using them to spot a trailer is awful, the visibility is terrible. Not bad on a level highway going forward, lots of real estate with that hood though.

MaceFremonti

I realized this week that I'm very spoiled with my '13 Mack Pinnacle. It was in the shop all this week and I had an old Mack, a Sterling, and an International instead. My days seem sooooo much longer without the creature comforts of a modern tractor!

Sent using BrownCafe App

pretender

You don't really appreciate the creature comforts unless you drove one of these.
ups_diamond_reo.jpg