Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
One time I had to red tag my tractor because the AC wasn't cold
Enough , causing a few of the ice cubes in my soda to melt !!
I was pizzed!!!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I figured that out after I went through the whole thing the 1st time. That said, pretty sure that I am done in feeders for the year. Might do a Friday or 2, but pretty sure that the rest of the whole weeks, the other guy will do.
Don't you get a feeder run for peak? Around here everyone on the q list goes to feeders for peak.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Question about your pups. Why are the pintle hooks so low?

Not sure if this is correct but I was told it was so they aren't compatible with any other equipment. We have a lot of centers out in BFE with no fencing, it would be easy to steal one if someone wanted to.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Not sure if this is correct but I was told it was so they aren't compatible with any other equipment. We have a lot of centers out in BFE with no fencing, it would be easy to steal one if someone wanted to.
The low pintle hook won't stop anyone from stealing a pup, I always figured it was so no one would steal our dollies.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Fedex Ground uses drop frames and they don't have a low pintle hook. Was there something different about the drop frames we used to use?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Fedex Ground uses drop frames and they don't have a low pintle hook. Was there something different about the drop frames we used to use?

I believe that their trailers only drop in the belly.

Back by the tandems, it is not open like ours were.

Ours dropped about 6 feet from the front all the way to the rear door.

barnyard

KTM rider
Don't you get a feeder run for peak? Around here everyone on the q list goes to feeders for peak.

No. We have 3 extra guys on the feeder q list. 1 of them usually gets a short day in package and a short day in feeders.
Oh, wait a tic.
The high senior guy is out till January/February.
I need to ask about that tomorrow.

Thanks for asking. Seriously.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
What happens if you get into an accident in feeders? Is it like package where you just go on a safety ride the following day or can you loose your job?
Same deal. If they think its avoidable they fire you. If unavoidable then back on the road with a safety ride

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Same deal. If they think its avoidable they fire you. If unavoidable then back on the road with a safety ride

But, if it is minor, you usually get your job back after a day or two off.

If it is major, you could lose your job permanently or be off for months before coming back.