ManInBrown

FT Feeder driver here, at the bottom of the list on seniority. Did you guys go days without working ?!
Guaranteed 8 every working day in the 177. Ive heard of locals where you can get bumped back to package, during the slow months. That’s crazy. I’ve heard some locals you are on call. That’s also crazy. Not here. Once you’re in feeders that’s it. You work every day M-friend, T-S, or S-T.

Indecisi0n

Guaranteed 8 every working day in the 177. Ive heard of locals where you can get bumped back to package, during the slow months. That’s crazy. I’ve heard some locals you are on call. That’s also crazy. Not here. Once you’re in feeders that’s it. You work every day M-friend, T-S, or S-T.
Could you imagine getting a phone call “yea you’re in package next week”!? I’d hang myself.

ManInBrown

Could you imagine getting a phone call “yea you’re in package next week”!? I’d hang myself.
Exactly😂 not only that, I physically would not be able to do it. If I had to do my old route, in the rich neighborhood. Where I never pulled in a driveway and walked everything off, so they didn’t blow my stop count up, I wouldnt last a half a day. The only reason most drivers can even do package, is because you are in the rhythm of doing it everyday. You don’t think about it, you just know it has to be done, and you do it. When I would go on vacation and take two weeks off in package, those first couple days back were murder.

Last edited:

Indecisi0n

Exactly😂 not only that, I physically would not be able to do it. If I had to do my old route, in the rich neighborhood. Where I never pulled in a driveway and walked everything off, so they didn’t blow my stop count up, I wouldnt last a half a day. The only reason most drivers can even do package, is because you are in the rhythm of doing it everyday. You don’t think about it, you just know it has to be done, and you do it. When I would go on vacation and take two weeks off in package, those first couple days back were murder.
I could do it physically but I gave up on it mentally. I just hated going into work everyday. There was no way I was going to be miserable for the remainder of my career like that. I told myself if feeders didn’t work for me then I would just leave the company. I survived without ups before and I could do it again.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Here we have drivers who stay on the q list just so they can go back to package or take days off whenever they want.

imsolazy

I am a casual feeder. I sit around all day waiting for the call. It kind of sucks but the benefit is it's going to get slow and when all the full time guys are out fighting the elements I will be sitting in my nice warm house collecting unemployment plus the current 300 dollar a week handout the government will be giving away till March. I figure the next 2 months I will be making the same amount as if I was working. I work about 2 days a week.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I am a casual feeder. I sit around all day waiting for the call. It kind of sucks but the benefit is it's going to get slow and when all the full time guys are out fighting the elements I will be sitting in my nice warm house collecting unemployment plus the current 300 dollar a week handout the government will be giving away till March. I figure the next 2 months I will be making the same amount as if I was working. I work about 2 days a week.

Nice plan
But, when it snows the seniority boys will be calling in So guess who will be out in the elements

SaladTosser

Kill me now
CC577417-BD0C-4728-B64A-E80723D6B689.jpeg
This trailer looks familiar

ManInBrown

is it easy for feeders to go to sleepers ?
Here it is. We have eight runs and three are covered by drivers that have been on the jobs since we got sleeper jobs last year. The other five jobs constantly need the bottom forced onto them. Most drivers here don’t want anything to do with feeders. I could never do it.