scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Funny to see that picture with so little snow and say 'can't get out"

:D

That's uphill and it froze last night. The surface roads are hilly and I have a thirty-mile drive to work. I can drive it, its just not worth the risk. The interstates look good. I have eight inches of wet snow, it's melting fast. Atlanta might get one or two ice events a year, we simply don't have a lot of snow removal equipment like the North does. Most of the people that live in Atlanta aren't born here, so the "Southerners can't drive in snow" argument isn't really valid.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
That's uphill and it froze last night. The surface roads are hilly and I have a thirty-mile drive to work. I can drive it, its just not worth the risk. The interstates look good. I have eight inches of wet snow, it's melting fast. Atlanta might get one or two ice events a year, we simply don't have a lot of snow removal equipment like the North does. Most of the people that live in Atlanta aren't born here, so the "Southerners can't drive in snow" argument isn't really valid.
expecting 4-7 here. There has been no prior snowfall yet so there is no anecdetent salt/sand down
Roads are quite slick already.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Its really not the same if you never have it. Street depts not equipped. Its one thing in the snow belt. A whole nother conundrum in the south

watdaflock?

Seems like you’ve learned one thing from us.

As for your snow comment, if you don’t know the difference between snow and landscape up north than what’s in the south, you’re ignorant.
I used ya'll on purpose, since we are talking about the South. Thank you for catching on.
Snow and landscape are two entirely different things. What are you talking about? My comment was tongue and cheek, referring to 1993. Maybe Monkey Butt and the other decepticons were not around ATL back then?

It's been 3 years since Atlanta had snow like this.
It's better to just sleep in if something only happens that often.
You are missing the point, as usual. Hope this helps.
Have you seen his previous posts?
This is just confirmation.
Because you're a dummy and majority of the time my comments go over your head.

Rack em

Made the Podium
January 22, 2014 Upper Peninsula Michigan
snowpoles_brinkman_960.jpg
The upper left hand corner of the photo says 1938. Hmmmmmmm

LeadBelly

Banned
Only thing is, Ohio has plows. We friggin' got maybe a half inch and the plows are already out, wasting our tax $$$.
I’d rather be safe than sorry. It seems like the last 5 years, awareness of pending storms in the media has had positive affects. I personally like when they are out in full force, preventing people that don’t have the skills that Ups drivers have from hurting others. I can say this for sure. Being a Ups Teamster has turned me into a, sort of super hero driver, compared to the general public...

watdaflock?

I’d rather be safe than sorry. It seems like the last 5 years, awareness of pending storms in the media has had positive affects. I personally like when they are out in full force, preventing people that don’t have the skills that Ups drivers have from hurting others. I can say this for sure. Being a Ups Teamster has turned me into a, sort of super hero driver, compared to the general public...
No doubt about it, quite a few people around here (happens every winter) forget how to drive in the snow.
Also to note - majority of the time, the people stuck in ditches around here are in (AWD) SUV's or (4WD) pick ups.

Some people do not realize; just because you operate a vehicle with all wheel drive, it does not mean it won't slide...

W

What The Hawk?

Keep the snow...I already got enough dealing with these damn WA iced roads and spiders and sh*.