Boston BULLY takes halls spot and is In charge......

10 Pt

They will still find a reason to complain
I think that they can cut the snake oil deal tactics in the next CBA.
Don't offer us the C6 healthcare knowing that they've got the enhanced plan waiting for the second round.
The healthcare issue is a broad spectrum debate and everyone had their own perspective depending on the plan they were in.
That's how you lose credibility.
Just tell us the facts (all of them) up front and the members need to be realistic in their response. We're not all space cadets.
I say if you win the stewards you'll ratify contracts quickly even if the local.officers suck.

LeadBelly

Banned
Come on, cut the crap... It's asking for a 3% raise... It's not much to ask when the company is make a lot of money.
You should see the mip that your management team pulled down. .70. Was a historic low for them. When they were complaining I saw dnto them we are doing more for less with Orion why shouldn't you. Then they say that they have to pay a lot for medical plan. And got a 5,000 dollar deductible. I said d you make 4 billion profits. Everyone can go round and round. We need to get rid of wall street.

LeadBelly

Banned
You cut the crap. 3% of $36.29 is $1.09 per hour the first year of the contract. Then you have to add the cost of that great Heath are you have in 177. Then add the pension increases. That's just Year one.

I know you're a tough guy and you are ready to strike to put your company under. I don't believe your co workers will.
Aw snap I wanted east coast to do that math. That would have showed him what he was asking for.

5habits100

I think that they can cut the snake oil deal tactics in the next CBA.
Don't offer us the C6 healthcare knowing that they've got the enhanced plan waiting for the second round.
The healthcare issue is a broad spectrum debate and everyone had their own perspective depending on the plan they were in.
That's how you lose credibility.
Just tell us the facts (all of them) up front and the members need to be realistic in their response. We're not all space cadets.
I say if you win the stewards you'll ratify contracts quickly even if the local.officers suck.
What will win the stewards

10 Pt

What will win the stewards
To start with: honesty and facts supporting the proposed changes in language.

Not trying to be difficult but let's fight for better defined parameters on 17i.

Pension gains of course.

Want the part time ranks to vote? Negotiate a better starting wage and progression for part timers (probably reducing the ft wage progression but we are doing just fine in hourly wages and progression) and let's get healthcare from day 31. Retaining part time new hires may reduce initiation fees to the union but it'll be a win for everyone (including the company) otherwise.

You've got to build trust in the relationship with stewards and the IBT especially if there's dissention with the local leadership. That was evident in some long time riders getting voted down two and three times.
Trust is a billion dollar word. If the IBT plays games or handles the next CBA like the last one (my opinion) there'll be union repercussions far worse than what's still festering today especially with RTW looming federally.

Aw snap I wanted east coast to do that math. That would have showed him what he was asking for.
That's funning... You were just talking about getting rid of Wall Street... Now you guys are throwing numbers out for the company like you work for them... How about do some real math and throw it back at the company to give a good raise... Answer me this how come our raise % each contract in the last decade and 1/2 is going down but the company is still hitting their mark and above 90% of the time? Using your own union employees to negotiate for you is the oldest trick in the book... Thank god you guys aren't on the negotiating committee for IBT...

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
It's what company's gave when unions were strong... It's what our union fathers fought hard for... Now look at us... They are rolling around in their grave right now.
I agree, however, It's what companies gave before high cost medical care. So what would you like to see? 3% raise. Got that. How much for pension? How much to off set medical? Last contract it was $8.90
I think UPS should double everything. $70 an hour plus $44 in HW and pension. If not we strike. Hold out as long as it takes.

I agree, however, It's what companies gave before high cost medical care. So what would you like to see? 3% raise. Got that. How much for pension? How much to off set medical? Last contract it was $8.90
I think UPS should double everything. $70 an hour plus $44 in HW and pension. If not we strike. Hold out as long as it takes.
The company is financially well capable on giving 3% raises plus raises on healthcare and pension contributions... If the company wasn't making it's marks and passing them even more, then I would agree... If they are losing money, trust me when I tell you they would be cutting our Bennies and pay down like a lumberjack... Until then stop believing their lies... They are making a ton of money... It's not because they are cutting us short... It's because they are a well sound company that's been in business for over a century... The largest trucking company for 1/2 a century.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
The company is financially well capable on giving 3% raises plus raises on healthcare and pension contributions... If the company wasn't making it's marks and passing them even more, then I would agree... If they are losing money, trust me when I tell you they would be cutting our Bennies and pay down like a lumberjack... Until then stop believing their lies... They are making a ton of money... It's not because they are cutting us short... It's because they are a well sound company that's been in business for over a century... The largest trucking company for 1/2 a century.
So what's the numbers? Should they break even? Cuz that's what a lot of these dead companies did.

5habits100

So how much money should they put into the contract?
$500 plus a week for healthcare.
$400 for a week for the pension.
Your 3% raise @ $1.09.

That is just the first year. Multiply that by all of the employees.

I am not taking their side but we do have to realize we need them to survive to have jobs.

anHOURover

Highly unlikely; however, there has to be a point where our wages should be sufficient.
typical company guy response

meanwhile
operators in the operating engineers are making 44.00 to sit on their behind and play with some joysticks get a pension 2 times ours and have a huge annuity to look forward to .
linman in the ibew are making 53$ an hour to play with electricity better pension again

SHALL I CONTINUE COMPANY MAN... hold that horsecrap that "we make too much already"
FACT FACT FACT

5habits100

To start with: honesty and facts supporting the proposed changes in language.

Not trying to be difficult but let's fight for better defined parameters on 17i.

Pension gains of course.

Want the part time ranks to vote? Negotiate a better starting wage and progression for part timers (probably reducing the ft wage progression but we are doing just fine in hourly wages and progression) and let's get healthcare from day 31. Retaining part time new hires may reduce initiation fees to the union but it'll be a win for everyone (including the company) otherwise.

You've got to build trust in the relationship with stewards and the IBT especially if there's dissention with the local leadership. That was evident in some long time riders getting voted down two and three times.
Trust is a billion dollar word. If the IBT plays games or handles the next CBA like the last one (my opinion) there'll be union repercussions far worse than what's still festering today especially with RTW looming federally.

If 17I is gone in the Central will you support the Central?

Initiation fees are not the reason for the 4 year progression or one year wait on health care for part-timers.

The reality is and you and I both know no one cares about the unborn.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
My 2 cents... the GST job is a full weeks work every day. KH stayed on as Pkg Director during the last UPS negotiations and realized his other duties were neglected, so he turned the job over to Sean O, his chief assistant and recommended successor. He'll stay closely involved with daily updates but won't be wasting weeks/months away in protracted contract talks.
I would expect this to be the case and I accepted that explanation until I thought about it a little bit more, with the aid of another threads title.

If this job, IBT General Secretary Treasurer in Washington DC , is as stated "a full weeks work every day", how is it that he still finds the time to also be Local 175's Principle Officer in West Virginia and a member of the board at Joint Council 94?

Last edited:

Inthegame

I would expect this to be the case and I accepted that explanation until I thought about it a little bit more, with the aid of another threads title.

If this job, IBT General Secretary Treasurer in Washington DC , is as stated "a full weeks work every day", how is it that he still finds the time to also be Local 175's Principle Officer in West Virginia and a member of the board at Joint Council 94?
Because he can walk, chew Bubblegum, and sleep less than most.