Brandon5658

Your better off eating 3-4 hours prior to work. Digestion takes a while so by eating immediately before work, your not really getting the benefit of nutrients until after your shift is over. Energy drinks will be like putting a bandaid on a cut that requires stitches. It will work but only a short time. And the crash is intense. Nothing in the world is better to drink than water. Eating a combination of low glycemic carbs, protein and veggies a few hours prior to your shift will be your safest bet. However, if you want to lose weight, start fasting for 16 hours and feed in an 8 hour window. Use work as your cardio and work while fasted. If your 250, don’t eat more than 2400 calories a day. After a month, drop it to 2200. Another month, 2000 and so on. Don’t go any less than 1800 ever. Anyway, hope this helps. Any questions, PM me.
Thanks bro I'll use my fitness pal and track calories from now. I really need to take this seriously. I appreciate the help.

Box Ox

I'll definitely stock up on some granola bars. As of now I only drink water, iced teas with low sugar and diet sodas. Sports drinks occasionally as well. Thanks for the advice.

Stock up on bananas, too. They’re inexpensive and you can eat ‘em quickly and cleanly. Loaded with potassium and stuff that’ll help get ya through the summer heat.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Your better off eating 3-4 hours prior to work. Digestion takes a while so by eating immediately before work, your not really getting the benefit of nutrients until after your shift is over. Energy drinks will be like putting a bandaid on a cut that requires stitches. It will work but only a short time. And the crash is intense. Nothing in the world is better to drink than water. Eating a combination of low glycemic carbs, protein and veggies a few hours prior to your shift will be your safest bet. However, if you want to lose weight, start fasting for 16 hours and feed in an 8 hour window. Use work as your cardio and work while fasted. If your 250, don’t eat more than 2400 calories a day. After a month, drop it to 2200. Another month, 2000 and so on. Don’t go any less than 1800 ever. Anyway, hope this helps. Any questions, PM me.
Agreed on eating in a short window. Intermittent fasting combined with eating nutrient-dense food (and not the simple sugar filled crap) is a great way to get healthy and lose weight. My wife has been doing it (because of a hormone imbalance) with great results. I tend to give myself a 12 hour window and, combined with body weight exercises, I’ve actually gained muscle mass.

Brandon5658

Agreed on eating in a short window. Intermittent fasting combined with eating nutrient-dense food (and not the simple sugar filled crap) is a great way to get healthy and lose weight. My wife has been doing it (because of a hormone imbalance) with great results. I tend to give myself a 12 hour window and, combined with body weight exercises, I’ve actually gained muscle mass.
Wow congrats on that brother. I'll definitely try it!

Methods Man

I grab a banana, a 5hr energy shot, and a water every morning before the preload to get me going. Ya ya people will claim energy shots are bad (which they’re probably correct), but in my view it’s better than constantly drinking sugars from an energy drink or soda. Plus they say they’re made with more natural ingredients so it shouldn’t be as bad for you? Anyways this place will help you shred some of that weight of and your body will get more used to the routine and it should get easier. Hope this helps!

P. S. Make sure your adjusting your sleep schedule accordingly!

Brandon5658

I grab a banana, a 5hr energy shot, and a water every morning before the preload to get me going. Ya ya people will claim energy shots are bad (which they’re probably correct), but in my view it’s better than constantly drinking sugars from an energy drink or soda. Plus they say they’re made with more natural ingredients so it shouldn’t be as bad for you? Anyways this place will help you shred some of that weight of and your body will get more used to the routine and it should get easier. Hope this helps!

P. S. Make sure your adjusting your sleep schedule accordingly!
I'll start munching on the yellow fruit for sure. Thinking of buying a couple 5 hr energies since they contain same caffeine and not nearly as much sugar as normal energy drinks. Man I fall asleep at like 6:30pm and wake up st 2:15am.

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
I'm trying! Also is it me or are none of the ups drivers fat? All the guys I see are like ripped or skinny
Had one guy finally move to full time driving after about 4 years of preloading. It's been less than a month and he looks like he gained at least 20 lbs and that's being conservative

Brandon5658

Had one guy finally move to full time driving after about 4 years of preloading. It's been less than a month and he looks like he gained at least 20 lbs and that's being conservative
Woah. That's crazy.
Btw how does one go from PT Preloader to driver? I gotta be 21, sure. But like, do they choose you, do you apply, do they actually teach you to drive? Newbie questions haha

SolidWoodPanel

Okay this is my fourth week at the united parcel service. I'm pretty exhausted after an hour or two and I was wondering if you guys recommend having a monster/redbull/5 hour energy etc?
I usually don't eat before my preload shift so I can see that being a problem. I'm a pretty big guy at 250lbs, 5'10 so my cardio isn't all there either...

If you are one of those people who just don't eat breakfast, make a shake. I don't do protein supplements, but buy some bananas, peel em, break em into chunks and freeze. I also use with frozen strawberries, or blackberries. Put in a blender, mix with peanut butter, honey, and Milk. Real milk, not nut milk, not soy. Works fine for me on days I don't have time to cook. I find when I'm tired or lagging, that cussing and saying some really horrible :censored2: also works to spike adrenaline.
Good Luck.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Energy drinks are packed with uppers like caffeine and sugar.
If you want a well balanced diet, you have to mix them with a downer like hard liquor to level everything out. That's just common sense.

Brandon5658

If you are one of those people who just don't eat breakfast, make a shake. I don't do protein supplements, but buy some bananas, peel em, break em into chunks and freeze. I also use with frozen strawberries, or blackberries. Put in a blender, mix with peanut butter, honey, and Milk. Real milk, not nut milk, not soy. Works fine for me on days I don't have time to cook. I find when I'm tired or lagging, that cussing and saying some really horrible :censored2: also works to spike adrenaline.
Good Luck.
Hahaha I'll look into that. I've experienced the cursing thing and it kinda helps tbh LOL

SolidWoodPanel

Woah. That's crazy.
Btw how does one go from PT Preloader to driver? I gotta be 21, sure. But like, do they choose you, do you apply, do they actually teach you to drive? Newbie questions haha
He had some tickets on his record which is why it took him so long, but he built up seniority and even bumped one driver back to preload. They should have explained the process to you during your orientation and hiring process.
Basically, you'll do a little quiz and driving test at your hub, and if you pass, they'll send you to a class for a week. You'll get paid and probably stay in a hotel. If you go around peak, the class might be shortened, but it's supposed to be easier. Just know your 5 and 10s and the other basic rules ahead of time.