dan

thanks... im still waitinf for backround check they said 5-7 days its been 2 then with the holiday im hoping to hear by next wed ,in the meantime I have an interview at fed ex they r paying 2.50$ more n hr working 5 hrs a day n they are getting 6 days a week work n its 2 miles from my house where ups is 24 miles

dan

thanks, but no call I was hoping they call today and tell me to report tomorrow for training, I was told they train Monday to thrusdays so unless they call tomorrow that's another week Im gonna have to wait ,,, what a long process im thinking is it even worth it now just to work a couple weeks

dan

I have a interview with fed ex tomorrow there process is the same though ups said we can be kept possiably till the end of jan, they also said they started hiring in march last year, so my thinking is get in work hard and maybe they call me back early

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I have a interview with fed ex tomorrow there process is the same though ups said we can be kept possiably till the end of jan, they also said they started hiring in march last year
Nope, seasonals can't be kept past January 15th.

so my thinking is get in work hard and maybe they call me back early

If you do really well they sometimes need casual drivers in the summertime.

dan

finnaly got the call start tomorrow night 10pm loader / unloader I cant wait ive been out of work since summer I know ill probably be sore for a while but looking forward to it,, thanks for all the info guys

V O N G x

I never got my backround check call and i did my finger prints like what dan said i did my interview and fingerprints on 11/25/14 and they said they will call within 5-7 business days with an unknown number and its been 8 days should i be worried and think they aren't going to call... And i didn't get hired . What should i do and be thinking i really need and want this job.

Last edited:

dan

hey vongx,,, my check took 9 days that was including thanksgiving and weekend the called me at 8pm my caller id said unit pac serv.... I start at 10 tonight its a 23 mile run for me good thing is I live 1 mile from I-95 and the philly hub is right off of 95 so stright run for me 25 mins no lights ,,,
good luck vongx

dan

I never got my backround check call and i did my finger prints like what dan said i did my interview and fingerprints on 11/25/14 and they said they will call within 5-7 business days with an unknown number and its been 8 days should i be worried and think they aren't going to call... And i didn't get hired . What should i do and be thinking i really need and want this job.
nov 24 I did backround n interview I got the call last night so 8 days for me as well not 9

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Start looking for a permanent job in the meantime?

herbert92x

Advice: Show up early. Stay late. Work your butt off. Don't kill anybody with your P10. Do those four, and you stand a chance of getting hired. Don't expect a call-back until February 1st at the earliest.

dan

what a boring 1st night 4 hrs in the classroom they told us to be there at 10 but yet we didn't start getting paid until 1030 another 4 hrs tomorrow night or tonite I should say then start actual work on monday

MeltedSnowman

Three days of classroom training appears to be the deal this year with another five days of training in whatever you are doing in the hub. Your hours will be pegged at 3.5 per night unless you really want to stay. Of course this means your trainer has to stay too and in some cases they are pulling a double shift already soooo yeah. Results may vary.

dan

our classroom training is only 2 nights we were told usually the third night consists of a lot of hazmat stuff and the philly hub only get 1% of that and our group will not be handling hazmat so only 2 days ,,thankgod boring