scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I just drove down to my hub, asked the secretary inside the managers office if the manager was in, and she pointed me in the direction of his office. I went there and he was away from his desk. I went back to the secretary lady and asked if he was still in the building and she said yes and that he usually doesn't leave until 4. So I said ok, I'll just hang out. I went back to his office and waited only for the secretary to come find me about five minutes later to tell me that she texted him to tell him I was there, which I didn't ask for, and informed me he had texed her back to tell me to show up on Friday. Like really!? After all that, he couldn't have made a 30 second phone call to me to tell me that, and on top of that, he couldn't come tell me in person? I've never shook the man's hand. Whatever!

Welcome to UPS. Hopefully things will get better for you.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I just drove down to my hub, asked the secretary inside the managers office if the manager was in, and she pointed me in the direction of his office. I went there and he was away from his desk. I went back to the secretary lady and asked if he was still in the building and she said yes and that he usually doesn't leave until 4. So I said ok, I'll just hang out. I went back to his office and waited only for the secretary to come find me about five minutes later to tell me that she texted him to tell him I was there, which I didn't ask for, and informed me he had texed her back to tell me to show up on Friday. Like really!? After all that, he couldn't have made a 30 second phone call to me to tell me that, and on top of that, he couldn't come tell me in person? I've never shook the man's hand. Whatever!
I don't think ups is going to be a good fit for you.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Just a little heads-up to all you newbies and future newbies.

HR tells you what you wanna hear.

IE tells you what you are gonna do.

Operations tells you when you are gonna do it.

None of the three know what the others are doing.

kevw45

I don't think ups is going to be a good fit for you.
Why? Because I'm displaying normal reactions to finding out everything was a total lie, and finding out on my own how things really work? I'm not new to b.s. man, I just thought and was conditioned to think UPS was different, so forgive me. You shouldn't be saying things like that to people, especially when the real misfits are people who don't even care to reach out and get an understanding of things.

oldngray

nowhere special
Jake thought he had seniority as a full time driver.

As well as being the greatest thing since sliced bread.

He may have been mistaken.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Oh please, I have experience from other competitors already. Places where you have to load your own truck, not spoiled like you delicate people.

Ahh, new information.

Why did you leave there?

(BTW, I was working at Parcel probably long before you were born. No delicacy back then.)