Don't think it's just a rumor. I remember our center manager saying something about this last month. I pray our union puts a stop to this idea, because it will eliminate more and more union jobs! This is definitely something to strike over!
I don't think local 2 has much pull.

Box Ox

So if the vehicle weight limit for PVD folks is 10,000 lbs, that'd be "Class 2". A little bigger than a Prius!

xskssrdsi0vac40ao6ij.jpg

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
"Last Wednesday, 9/13/17, I received an e-commerce delivery from a contracted delivery driver. He was un-uniformed, wearing a T-shirt, shorts, and sneakers. The delivery was completely unremarkable and I was a satisfied consumer. Maybe this driver made $12 an hour and probably has no benefits. My UPS driver makes between $25 and $35 per hour, has outstanding benefits and a generous pension. In other words, my UPS driver makes a living wage and that is why I believe my UPS driver is probably going away. I simply do not see how UPS can continue to support their drivers with generous salary and benefits while their competition pays contracted drivers less than half of what a UPS driver earns."

Exactly what I've been growing more and more afraid of the past couple of years. I'm a top-rate driver, and I make more than any of my friends that graduated from college, but at 34 years of age I'm starting to consider another career before I get too old, maybe construction or police officer. We will survive this contract, but the next? And the one after? Outlook not so good.

Edups

Hey guys just had to chime in. I retired two years ago in the south central area (Texas) after 34 yrs. and I can't believe what I'm reading about this SPVD thing. All I can say is that I enjoyed the job till about 04, this was about the time private stock holders started changing things to a numbers game instead of image, service, and all the things that made UPS great, and the preferred Delivery Co. No one could match us!! It really hurt to see the co. Make some of the decisions they made post public stock, to the point that the last couple of years I was there was truly a struggle. What I can't understand is that UPS is so diversified and powerful, why do they have to even consider something as this SPVD thing? Let's take care of what we have, and what got us to where we are. The customer that writes our paycheck!!!

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I see this as another surepost in the making. Anyone remember when surepost first came out? "Oh it's only for Lane Bryant and Gevalia coffee, that's all". Riiiiiiiight.

The funny part is how the rumors spread through mgmt. Anybody remember the one from back in the 90's where ups was going to change the name to Worldwide Delivery Service to nullify the contract? Funny as hell because every sup acted like he thought of it.

oldngray

nowhere special
I see this as another surepost in the making. Anyone remember when surepost first came out? "Oh it's only for Lane Bryant and Gevalia coffee, that's all". Riiiiiiiight.

The funny part is how the rumors spread through mgmt. Anybody remember the one from back in the 90's where ups was going to change the name to Worldwide Delivery Service to nullify the contract? Funny as hell because every sup acted like he thought of it.

Almost as funny as the FedEx merging with UPS joke.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Is it me or is this just another rumor? Seems like a lot of things get said on BC about what the company is "planning".

If this was a good idea, wouldn't FedEx, with no union protection, already be doing this?
FedEx Ground DID do this last Peak. The Ground contractors were up in arms about it because I think they were paying the people $20 an hour. Am I right @bbsam?