Getting ugly

Tony Q

So at least 4 members from each local that has UPS? That'd be a fair sized group. Better start the 2023 negotiations real soon.
Know, what I meant was having a few members on the actual negotiating committee. I wasn't suggesting four from each local. That would be ridicules.

Tony Q

Evidently the post (joke) had to do with another issue.

Since upchuckNY is done shall I be rude and say TTKU in his (dis)honor?
It's up to you, but I'd go out with class. Don't let him bring you down. You seem like you have a good head on your shoulders!

F

Frankie's Friend

It's up to you, but I'd go out with class. Don't let him bring you down. You seem like you have a good head on your shoulders!
The upstate type clan are everywhere. It's pathetic. It's sickening.
If you care about the future it really does dilute the strength of our power.
His rhetoric on here has been a Tokyo Rose issue.
Scabs dont bring us down they excite determination in those that truly care about the blue collar worker and their families.

F

Frankie's Friend

Should we beg him to come back?!
Oh look....
20180507_234539.jpg

He may come back on Aug 1, 2018 to help out the center manager who shook his hand.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Honestly there should be members on the committee from different facets of UPS. When you negotiate White Paper contracts you have the Stewards and workers on the committee. I really don't understand why the Teamsters don't put members on there. You sound like a candidate and there are probably other who are know commodities. This is a another fail for the teamsters.
Members, that have never held an elected position in their Local ?
Maybe an elected Feeder Steward, Package Steward, 22.3 Steward, and a part time Steward. Even if this was window dressing it would look good. I know people on the Negotiating committee call actual un elected members during negotiations right now and ask them questions about what certain things mean, numbers of members things affect in their work group now. Think about it.
So at least 4 members from each local that has UPS? That'd be a fair sized group. Better start the 2023 negotiations real soon.
Look, here's the real answer why this will never happen, much as I have always advocated for stewards to be the "Sergeant Of Arms" at the panels as well.
It's not that they can not contribute, just the opposite, as they have frontline knowledge of new technologies and policies.

See, in most cases, these elected officials, who were once elected stewards themselves, realize the threat these stewards are to rise up and run against them in subsequent Local elections.

So once elected, most that are "Inthegame" and subsequently become "BigUnionGuys", rarely strive to empower some uppity steward that may actually be able to make tangible contributions.
Instead, they are kept in their place, and if they toe the line and wait their turn, they may be brought in through attrition....maybe.

I was recently told that my job as steward, was to make my BA's job easier?
Sounds about right, smh.

Inthegame

See, in most cases, these elected officials, who were once elected stewards themselves, realize the threat these stewards are to rise up and run against them in subsequent Local elections.
Who would do such a thing?
So once elected, most that are "Inthegame" and subsequently become "BigUnionGuys", rarely strive to empower some uppity steward that may actually be able to make tangible contributions.
Instead, they are kept in their place, and if they toe the line and wait their turn, they may be brought in through attrition....maybe.
Glad you said "most", not all. Unfortunately I've seen exactly that process play out. Those locals then suffer in the future, with marginal leadership and disgruntled members.
...much as I have always advocated for stewards to be the "Sergeant Of Arms" at the panels as well.
It's not that they can not contribute, just the opposite, as they have frontline knowledge of new technologies and policies.

I was recently told that my job as steward, was to make my BA's job easier?
Goes both ways and effective BA's need good stewards to efficiently service the members. That relationship need cultivation.