Getting ugly

BigBrown1234

Prior to your run against the ST, were you elected to the position of steward?
If yes, are your steward terms of defined lengths and were you expired or not?
Depending on these responses, you could have legit charges.

I was a steward way before I ran for office.

The bylaws are clear. You are a steward until you loose an election or resign the position.

The ST came to my job and demanded we have a meeting in the managers office. He put the union retained attorney on speaker and asked me to prove I was a steward.

I told him to ask the entire building. He refused. He said it was up to me to show tangible proof. The attorney started asking me questions about the election and I requested his full name/title and position within this meeting and what the meeting was defined as. I told the attorney he works for me paid by my union dues and if he didn’t have my best interest I would file a complaint against him with the BAR. That was the end of the discussion.

And yes I filed charges with the JC and the international. Fat waste of time. Rome has since Been suspended and the idiot Rosas from Stockton got fired.

Internal charges are a joke unless you have an attorney. Officials are always found not guilty or unfounded. They are all the same people.

I complained to the IBT then started getting calls from another idiot Marty so I had to tell him off. He came to my job with two other guys and I had to tell the manager this union guy was harassing me. I sent a letter and cc the DOL then he stopped bothering me, oh yah I also called and complained to the FBI listing them by name and number lol

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
So so true, been down that road. I was not recognizing as steward after I decided to run in an election against the ST. I barely lost and I work in a small center with only about 80 people and our local has 6k membership.

Union officials are 100% about self preservation

That’s why the union made a closed system instead of facilitating an environment of knowledge that allows the true best to rise to the top.

After the election management pulled me in the office and showed me a letter from the union naming all the stewards and I was not on the list.
I demanded they put me on the list. The ST and BA requested that I prove I was a steward. How the hell do I do that? The election was nothing more than a show of hands before the shift started. I only have 7 people on my sort.
I demanded in a certified letter to have a current election on my sort to verify my status. I requested the eboard run an investigation on my sort to verify my status. All of my co workers and even management acknowledged I was a long time recognized steward.
The ST and BA refused to hold another election and no one wanted to run against me. The union decided to appointed a steward to the position against our bylaws. The member they appointed sent an email and cc me that he recused himself because he stated he has always known Me to be the main steward. So now we don’t have a steward on my shift. So how the hell is that good for the members.

Everyone still comes to me even the full time stewards. I told the BA and ST to kiss off I’ll do what I want. They work for me. It’s funny cuz the BA comes to me too. He’ll never admit it but everyone knows.

Unless your Local had previously sent the company a letter.... you were never a Steward.

And then, you are subject to a term limit of 3 years. Period.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Unless your Local had previously sent the company a letter.... you were never a Steward.

And then, you are subject to a term limit of 3 years. Period.

-Bug-
Not in my Local???

I have been Steward, uncontested, for 13 years running.

We are guaranteed a year when elected, then must be challenged by petition thereafter.

Fact

~Bbbl~™

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Not in my Local???

I have been Steward, uncontested, for 13 years running.

We are guaranteed a year when elected, then must be challenged by petition thereafter.

I know, it sounds like "Big Bad Bug" is trying to beat up on @BigBrown1234.

Most Local's that elect Stewards, are subject to 3 year terms.

Just as the Local Officers.

I'll tell you what happened;

She ran against the Local ST, and lost because of slate votes. (evidenced by posts)

After losing, they were like WTF. She's not even a Steward.

Someone failed at following any sort of recognized procedure in a Local of 6000+.

And now, she has been on a TDU rant trying to rectify the :censored2:up.

I'm not unsympathetic.

-Bug-

twoweeled

"They"??? The NMA is accepted or rejected by vote of the membership. If anyone gets angry, look in the mirror.
Anyway, aren't you retired?
Yep! I still hate seeing people get the short end over and over, but you're correct. When it passes, it was our own fault.

Inthegame

I was a steward way before I ran for office.
I'll try again. Were you an "elected" steward?
The bylaws are clear. You are a steward until you loose an election or resign the position.
So your bylaws call for elections. Do they also call for terms? If so, was your term expired?
And yes I filed charges with the JC and the international.
Did you first file charges with your local union?
I complained to the IBT then started getting calls from another idiot Marty so I had to tell him off. He came to my job with two other guys and I had to tell the manager this union guy was harassing me.
So you complained to the IBT and when their guy investigated the complaint, you claimed he harassed you. You see where this is going?
I sent a letter and cc the DOL then he stopped bothering me, oh yah I also called and complained to the FBI listing them by name and number lol
Did you hear back from the DOL? Pretty sure the FBI was a bridge too far.

F

Frankie's Friend

Yep! I still hate seeing people get the short end over and over, but you're correct. When it passes, it was our own fault.
No dude, two large regions voted on the nma without the threat of getting Teamcare bennies themselves.
There was a lot of angst over that issue at the time.
Dont forget to vote Democrat.
Obama helped us with that issue.
Not trying to get moved to current events but it is what it was.

623STEWARD

No dude, two large regions voted on the nma without the threat of getting Teamcare bennies themselves.
There was a lot of angst over that issue at the time.
Dont forget to vote Democrat.
Obama helped us with that issue.
Not trying to get moved to current events but it is what it was.
I’m proud to be the leader of the vote no movement. FACT

BigBrown1234

1. Yup
2. Yup
3. Nope
4. No term
5. Nope they were against my local ST and eboard
6. You see where this is going? No where you going with this
7. Did you hear back from the DOL? Yes
8. FBI asked if there was any money exchange but noted my concerns

BigBrown1234

I know, it sounds like "Big Bad Bug" is trying to beat up on (funny)

(Most) Local's that elect Stewards, are subject to 3 year terms.(you spoke in absolutes with you first response, funny how quick you change)

I'll tell you what happened; (good guess)

She ran against the Local ST, and lost because of slate votes. (evidenced by posts)
  1. My motive was to hopefully get the officers to wake up and do a better job. I knew absolutely nothing about the union officers or their positions at the time. All I knew was that at my shop we felt the BA sucked. I was approached by several members to run for office. I laughed and said friend it why not. I slapped some T shirts together and made some fliers and campaigned at 10 spots I knew were Teamster like the garbage companies. I missed over 100 different spots that I was unaware of because I didn’t have the job site list. This was a while back but as far as I remember I lost by approximately 160+votes-160 from the incumbents. But I had a blast and met lots of people. I campaigned at places that didn’t even know they were Teamsters :laugh:

After losing, they were like WTF. She's not even a Steward.

After the election I was told the ST got verbally beat up by the JC because they had not been run against in 45 years:raspberry:When asked why I put steward on my fliers, is when the ST asked the BA how come his PT steward came out of nowhere and was running against the Secretary Treasure, almost won and has absolutely no experience. That’s when the BA punked out and said he never recollected me as being a steward :clown:

Someone failed at following any sort of recognized procedure in a Local of 6000+. (that sounds too good to be true)haha

And now, she has been on a TDU rant trying to rectify the :censored2:up.

I did join TDU in the beginning. They gave me really good information. Helped me with names, numbers, and addresses. But as time went on they didn’t really have anything more for me.

I'm not unsympathetic. (Why not? But I need your approval soooo BAD!)

I have never got the impression that TDU hates the Union. What positive purpose would a TDU rant serve?

I’m just retelling my story and answering questions as best as I can recollect.
Just a regular member that isn’t afraid to speak up.
I have and will at any time hold a professional intellectual debate concerning subject matter with anyone at anytime anywhere, on the phone, at the Hall, Skype, YouTube, in person, in front of a board, live interview, in front of the entire membership.