GROUND IS TAKING OVER EXPRESS

Bob11B

your 30 dollar an hour days are coming to an end. so are your benefits, we ae going to take most of express work.... nothing but part timers will be left working at 40% less ...... I LOVE IT
Bragging about :censored2: pay...nothing more than an amazon wage driver..kudos

sadmanhere

Couldn’t happen to nicer people. All I hear on this board are people degrading my company and my workforce and you think I’ll shed a tear when Express guys get chopped down to part timers? Cry me a river.

thats what im saying...express drivers make me sick. most of them are dishonest..too many have left my fellow brother contractors last moment to run to express....... i want them chopped down period

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
thats what im saying...express drivers make me sick. most of them are dishonest..too many have left my fellow brother contractors last moment to run to express....... i want them chopped down period
Isn’t this generalizing just a bit? I’m an Express RTD - not a courier, but I do know many couriers and I can “honestly” say I can’t recall any of them (courier, RTD, handler, ramp agent, whatever) ever disparaging Ground employees in any way, shape or form. And the vast majority of them seem pretty honest to me.

Or is your hatred for Express folks based solely upon the comments you read from the same few nameless, faceless people on an internet forum? If that’s the case then I can definitely understand why you’re a sadman here.

Peace

It will be fine

Isn’t this generalizing just a bit? I’m an Express RTD - not a courier, but I do know many couriers and I can “honestly” say I can’t recall any of them (courier, RTD, handler, ramp agent, whatever) ever disparaging Ground employees in any way, shape or form. And the vast majority of them seem pretty honest to me.

Or is your hatred for Express folks based solely upon the comments you read from the same few nameless, faceless people on an internet forum? If that’s the case then I can definitely understand why you’re a sadman here.

Peace
I’ve covered a lot of area since I started driving. Interacted with plenty of Express couriers, picked up at plenty of Express stations. Just about all of them have treated me like trash, it’s not an isolated incident. UPS drivers and people at their stations have been far more pleasant.
Express is a competitor to Ground, I’m happy to take more of their volume.

dezguy

So, what you're really saying is you're butthurt because guys have left ground for better pay and benefits at Express and because of that, you want to see them suffer?

You sound like an upstanding individual.

Serf

I’ve covered a lot of area since I started driving. Interacted with plenty of Express couriers, picked up at plenty of Express stations. Just about all of them have treated me like trash, it’s not an isolated incident. UPS drivers and people at their stations have been far more pleasant.
Well for what it’s worth, me and the 2 ground drivers in my area take care of each other. I walk thru ground trucks to get my freight when they are in the docks. We bring each other straggler packages or docs from random stops, etc.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I always got along well with the Ground drivers that serviced the same areas as I did. We used to hand off stuff to one another and chat for a minute or so.

However the ones that service the area where I live are buttheads and not what I call friendly.

bacha29

The biggest issue would appear to be too much capacity not enough boxes to go around with the result being rate destruction along with the inevitable wage destruction. The only safe haven from the wage destruction will be UPS but you'll wait 5+ years to get a full week and upwards of 10 to get a bid route and while a few might get on with USPS but even they won't be spared the ongoing march to an all part time work force.

The inescapable reality facing Express employees is that ground contractors are not your pals. They are your adversary. For many years they stayed in their market while you stayed in yours. Ground has breached that defensive perimeter and is now in your market. ISP/CSP contractors are like locusts. They come in devour what's there and move on.

The harshest reality is that because they are non union Express drivers simply have no effective counter measures at their disposal .
Some of you I'm sure will simply try to hang on to the end. Many others will be faced with short hours, minimal wage progression and continued benefit cuts.
These individuals fortunately for them still have plenty of productive contribution left in them .

By far the biggest injustice in all of this would for them to waste it going to work for some pariah contractor for half the wages and zero benefits.
The time for them to begin preparing themselves to make the jump into another segment of the economy is this very moment.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
it's simple... WAGN as forseen by @bbsam

i have no beef with other carriers; apparently those 2 subcontractors live/serve in an area where culo~heads are running rampant

i've seen the hustle/bustle of NYC and it's surrounding areas & wish them well in those areas with no parking/ high incidents of porch piracy, crappy conditions in general of that high urban/semi suburban region

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
hehe, was renewing my online driver/fleet training today: i downloaded that book of a hazmat crap & just skimming it

reminded me of that poor FXG feedah driver on the GWB

butt, #3: we have a code for that DEX 010 ~ inspection required

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STEP 3: Take the Quiz
Question # 10 / 10

Which of the following incidents must be immediately reported to the contractor and/or motor carrier?
  1. vehicle accidents
  2. property damage
  3. package damage
  4. tractor trailer equipment disconnects
  5. all of the above

bacha29

Oh for sure. And I'm quite certain that those buck and a half e-commerce stops are really going to ring your register. That's of course provided that you can find some fool who can knock off about one every minute. Good luck with that.