Ground taking over

It will be fine

I don’t know who’s who , I’m just saying people are telling others when merges are taking place
You made the claim that contractors aren’t signing NDAs and the idea is stupid. Now you’re backtracking, maybe next time don’t make claims you can’t back up, especially when you’re dead wrong.

Gone fishin

You made the claim that contractors aren’t signing NDAs and the idea is stupid. Now you’re backtracking, maybe next time don’t make claims you can’t back up, especially when you’re dead wrong.
No back tracking at all , a lot of contractors are trying to sell. They aren’t signing anything. It’s really not hard for any intelligent person to figure out when and if a merge is happening.
An enormous building must be constructed, drivers for express and ground communicate about talks.
Fedex elves don’t swoop in overnight and everything is done. This is a monumental task if your station is reasonably large. It’s gonna take months , then you need more drivers and handlers.
You can see it coming like a tornado

bacha29

They’re making the contractors sign NDA’s when they even have the meetings about combining. I don’t know why they think it needs to be a secret.
Easy to see why contractors will be required to sign new NDA's. After the conversion Fedex Ground as an OPCO will no longer exist. In addition it would appear that Prime Weasel and Raj The Jackal are trying to get ahead of any litigation that could be coming their way.
There's simply no reason for any person still hanging around to believe that they're going to come out of this debacle better off than they were before.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Easy to see why contractors will be required to sign new NDA's. After the conversion Fedex Ground as an OPCO will no longer exist. In addition it would appear that Prime Weasel and Raj The Jackal are trying to get ahead of any litigation that could be coming their way.
There's simply no reason for any person still hanging around to believe that they're going to come out of this debacle better off than they were before.
All of the changes sound like free candy to investors. Raj is saying all of the "right" things to make them think that investing in FDX stock will make them filthy rich. You know, Microsoft type stock gains, splits, big dividends etc. Very few of the have even a remote idea of what is happening operationally and how badly this will fail. In the trenches, it's an obvious Sheet Show, but when investors hear about revolutionary "business innovations", their eyes light up as dollar signs flash before them. Raj is basically promising enormous cost savings with no changes to service provided and a company full of happy, eager employees and contractors who fully embrace the changes. Umm...no.
Slashing jobs, combining opcos, and farming out freight to third party airlines sounds wonderful to somebody who isn't in the industry, knows nothing about it, and is being misinformed by their financial advisor and/or "consultant",none of whom have any skin in the game and don't know a forwarder from a fruit stand.
When the Raj Sheet Show goes to Hades, there will be a lot of furious investors who feel fleeced, and then, enter the lawyers.

NC man

from a friend in S.Fla that is express driver replied to msg about Ground taking over

No one knows, Stations will Vary but this :censored2: could get messy! The Ground Contractor he owns 5 routes in the city I work for, 3 quit on him.... Im tired of the rumors but whatever happens Im super pissed off at this point... I knew this guy was going to ruin the Operation after Fred stepped down! Ill let you know what happens but some small stations already being affected down here! Garbage but what can I do!! have a good 1 bud!

whenIgetthere

from a friend in S.Fla that is express driver replied to msg about Ground taking over

No one knows, Stations will Vary but this :censored2: could get messy! The Ground Contractor he owns 5 routes in the city I work for, 3 quit on him.... Im tired of the rumors but whatever happens Im super pissed off at this point... I knew this guy was going to ruin the Operation after Fred stepped down! Ill let you know what happens but some small stations already being affected down here! Garbage but what can I do!! have a good 1 bud!
Saw a former co-worker on the golf course Sunday. Their senior manager told them nothing will happen at their station until June, '24. I wouldn't bet the farm on that one.

vantexan

Saw a former co-worker on the golf course Sunday. Their senior manager told them nothing will happen at their station until June, '24. I wouldn't bet the farm on that one.
When they ended the traditional pension it was announced in January of 2007 but didn't officially end until the end of the fiscal year May 31st, 2008. There may be legal reasons that happens that way.

HedleyLamarr

The district manager was at our station yesterday, and he told us that as of now, there are no plans to close and merge with Ground in this area. He also told us that 80% of what is being posted on social media regarding the merger is fake news and we shouldn't be reading it. Many of my coworkers breathed a sigh of relief. Hopefully, it was a "Good, this gives me more time to plan my escape" and not a "See, the company does have our best interests in mind!" sigh.

My plans certainly haven't changed, although Going back to school this fall with a bunch of kids half my age, lol.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
The district manager was at our station yesterday, and he told us that as of now, there are no plans to close and merge with Ground in this area. He also told us that 80% of what is being posted on social media regarding the merger is fake news and we shouldn't be reading it. Many of my coworkers breathed a sigh of relief. Hopefully, it was a "Good, this gives me more time to plan my escape" and not a "See, the company does have our best interests in mind!" sigh.

My plans certainly haven't changed, although Going back to school this fall with a bunch of kids half my age, lol.
As of now….Lol

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

I would trust whatever he said 100%, especially the part where he wants to control what you read. Always an excellent sign of honesty.

Lates

They lie we were told for a year they knew nothing about the giant building going up with fedex on it.. yet we all drove by it and even the local news had articles about it.

MassWineGuy

What are you going to study?

HedleyLamarr

What are you going to study?
Electrical engineering. Admittedly, I may be in over my head, but I am really looking forward to the challenge.
Assuming I succeed, I will be competing for jobs with kids half my age, lol. But, if I am going back to school at the age of 44, it is going to be for a hard degree. Not wasting my time being an art major.