Ground taking over

The district manager was at our station yesterday, and he told us that as of now, there are no plans to close and merge with Ground in this area. He also told us that 80% of what is being posted on social media regarding the merger is fake news and we shouldn't be reading it. Many of my coworkers breathed a sigh of relief. Hopefully, it was a "Good, this gives me more time to plan my escape" and not a "See, the company does have our best interests in mind!" sigh.

My plans certainly haven't changed, although Going back to school this fall with a bunch of kids half my age, lol.
They are still not officially admitting that any stations are closings. So how can we believe anything they say in an informal meeting. Until they make some official statements about what the 1, 5 and 10 year plans are we should consider their silence a deception.

Empty Pockets

Our station had the meeting but they had no info and said, "I don't know" more times than a mobster pleads the fifth during cross examination. I think there is a requirement to notify employees 90 days before anything happens so they covered their butts with just blowing smoke up our butts.

AB831

They are still not officially admitting that any stations are closings. So how can we believe anything they say in an informal meeting. Until they make some official statements about what the 1, 5 and 10 year plans are we should consider their silence a deception.
I would consider anything they say a deception.

AB831

Our station had the meeting but they had no info and said, "I don't know" more times than a mobster pleads the fifth during cross examination. I think there is a requirement to notify employees 90 days before anything happens so they covered their butts with just blowing smoke up our butts.
Unfortunately, if you’re in an “at will” state, they can notify you when you’re clocking out Tuesday that you won’t be needed Wednesday

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Our station had the meeting but they had no info and said, "I don't know" more times than a mobster pleads the fifth during cross examination.
Your manager won't find out anything until about a day or two before you do. The senior might know a couple of days before your manager. Your director might find out a week or so before your senior, if that.

They aren't going to give a director, senior, or ops manager this info to sit on. They'll blab it.

HedleyLamarr

Your manager won't find out anything until about a day or two before you do. The senior might know a couple of days before your manager. Your director might find out a week or so before your senior, if that.

They aren't going to give a director, senior, or ops manager this info to sit on. They'll blab it.
Our director told us the other morning that he is told 8 months beforehand and the senior would get a 6 month notice of any station changes. Do you think he was purposely misleading us or does he actually believe that he is in the loop?

Serf

With all the route restructuring. Claims E star is coming back. No valet system to rotate morning sort functions. Having day routes stay out longer for pickups, staggering start times. It’s all effin misery.

They say no upgrades to FT, no transfers, hiring freeze, etc. But I seriously wish I was PT.

AB831

Our director told us the other morning that he is told 8 months beforehand and the senior would get a 6 month notice of any station changes. Do you think he was purposely misleading us or does he actually believe that he is in the loop?
Lol I’m sure they actually believe they’re in the loop even though they most certainly aren’t. It’s like the episode of the Office where Michael and Oscar got called to New York to meet with the corporate executives, and they ended up making fools of themselves, despite all of their bravado beforehand.

AB831

The most important thing to remember about all of this is that Fat Freddy won’t do the ethical or decent thing unless he’s legally required to do it. And even if he is legally required to do it, he’ll try to get away with not doing it unless you advocate for yourself.

bacha29

"What A Fool Believes".....The Doobie Brothers.
Seriously. on the basis of what you're all saying it would appear that every post conversion station/terminal will have it's own unique operational setup and circumstances.

Putting all of these unique facilities into a nationwide network what you're likely to end up with is this cobbled together contraption that would make Rube Goldberg green with envy.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I was referring to how long they know before they announce it, not how long before they actually start the change. Two months is a long time to sit on that, though that may be the direction they're going with it.

Gone fishin

Definitely true I work at CKVA had a meeting the other week with the senior to tell us we were moving to a new building. A week later they told us 10 full time couriers will be cut at the end of May when we move and ground takes a large piece of our freight.
So how has this all played out since all the changes ?

DeliveryException

With all the route restructuring. Claims E star is coming back. No valet system to rotate morning sort functions. Having day routes stay out longer for pickups, staggering start times. It’s all effin misery.

They say no upgrades to FT, no transfers, hiring freeze, etc. But I seriously wish I was PT.

Yep, I'm in the middle of this right now. Have been out on medical leave and out just long enough to lose my route and position. I'm trying to get a position, it's even a downgrade I just need to get back in the door, but corporate isn't approving the job listing that my station is trying to put up so I can bid.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Yep, I'm in the middle of this right now. Have been out on medical leave and out just long enough to lose my route and position. I'm trying to get a position, it's even a downgrade I just need to get back in the door, but corporate isn't approving the job listing that my station is trying to put up so I can bid.
Hate to say it, but, bye-bye!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
This. Consider past actions and how they have consistently lied or misrepresented something. For example, the 10-Step Plan.