Ground taking over

AB831

Yep, I'm in the middle of this right now. Have been out on medical leave and out just long enough to lose my route and position. I'm trying to get a position, it's even a downgrade I just need to get back in the door, but corporate isn't approving the job listing that my station is trying to put up so I can bid.
Unfortunately, it sounds like Fat Freddy has made his decision regarding you. I promise you it’ll be just a temporary setback. This will provide you the chance to find employment with a company who doesn’t treat you like 💩, and it’s an opportunity you probably wouldn’t have taken had Fat Freddy not stabbed you in the back. You’ll bounce back.

zeev

Aren’t all states at will, you choose not to have a contract with your employer than you get what you deserve. Oh unions are so bad compared to what being manipulated and deceived by FedEx for years and now Freddy has got tired of the whole schraad and decided to dump everybody on the street. It’s not about cute slogans and cute uniforms. FedEx has a cheap delivery system running on a different track and they will dump the old one no warning

Mutineer

It also means you can quit at will, so…

Yes. You can also do that in a RTW state, so...

I think the only real difference between RTW and AW is that a person in an AW state may decline Union representation as a condition of employment.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Our director told us the other morning that he is told 8 months beforehand and the senior would get a 6 month notice of any station changes. Do you think he was purposely misleading us or does he actually believe that he is in the loop?
Your station might be a ways down the line for absorption/elimination, so it's possible he was being honest. Based on your FedEx experience and what you know is already happening with Ground, it would be in your best interests to consider every statement they make to be a lie.
It sounds like you're at around 200 degrees. You will be completely boiled at 212, so maybe it's time to hop out of the pot.

vantexan

Whoa oh Fat Freddy
Bam a lam
Whoa oh Fat Freddy
Bam a lam

Fat Freddy had a child
Bam a lam
Damn thing run wild
Bam a lam

MrFedEx is his name
Bam a lam
Yeah I know it's lame
Bam a lam

MrFedEx hates his daddy
Bam a lam
That old Fat Freddy
Bam a lam

Gonna get him a union
Bam a lam
To stop the screwin'
Bam a lam

Fat Freddy just laughs
Bam a lam
MFE full of gas
Bam a lam

MFE cries to Bacha
Bam a lam
I hate my papa
Bam a lam

Whoa oh Fat Freddy
Bam a lam
Whoa oh Fat Freddy
Bam a lam

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yes. You can also do that in a RTW state, so...

I think the only real difference between RTW and AW is that a person in an AW state may decline Union representation as a condition of employment.
Actually, this difference is huge. They can't deny representation but they can decline to pay dues, which essentially neuters the union. Without any funding, the union withers and dies. Legally, you can still organize, but RTW is a union killer.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Actually, this difference is huge. They can't deny representation but they can decline to pay dues, which essentially neuters the union. Without any funding, the union withers and dies. Legally, you can still organize, but RTW is a union killer.
And you figured that out all by yourself? I’m very friggin proud of ya’

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
It's not fair. States should force employees to pay money to an association that attempts to fix prices and restrict competition, even though it's illegal in any other setting by any other group. IT'S NOT FAIR.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's not fair. States should force employees to pay money to an association that attempts to fix prices and restrict competition, even though it's illegal in any other setting by any other group. IT'S NOT FAIR.
That's some interesting reasoning. Unions "fix prices and restrict competition" sounds like something straight from the Memphis Anti-Union Task Force, aka The BBQ Squad. No, unions allow workers to form a collective voice and power that keeps management honest. No way we can have unions at FedEx without threatening the very survival of the company!! Oh my!! FedEx has union pilots who actually do make industry-leading wages, and they learned that the only countermeasure to Fred's greed was to create the ability to shut him down. Vantexan, Vantexan!! Please come help Dano!!
Were you around when Fred floated the idea of pilots handling packages while they were "off duty"? How do you think that went over? Remember crew vans? Yes, the Gods of The Sky actually had to drive themselves to the hotel and bring themselves back the next day. The union killed those too. Pilots are pretty smart when it comes to taking care of themselves.
Snap-On has nothing on you, except they make quality tools. FedEx tools make Harbor Freight garbage look "quality".

Lates

So how has this all played out since all the changes ?
Nothing yet no one knows what’s happening next week after the move. As in are we running the new plan the old setup we have now or what seems to be a :censored2:show so far. The lack of communication between management levels is ridiculous.

Lates

I’d take ups union dues over what we pay in medical a month with a high deductible.

AB831

That's some interesting reasoning. Unions "fix prices and restrict competition" sounds like something straight from the Memphis Anti-Union Task Force, aka The BBQ Squad. No, unions allow workers to form a collective voice and power that keeps management honest. No way we can have unions at FedEx without threatening the very survival of the company!! Oh my!! FedEx has union pilots who actually do make industry-leading wages, and they learned that the only countermeasure to Fred's greed was to create the ability to shut him down. Vantexan, Vantexan!! Please come help Dano!!
Were you around when Fred floated the idea of pilots handling packages while they were "off duty"? How do you think that went over? Remember crew vans? Yes, the Gods of The Sky actually had to drive themselves to the hotel and bring themselves back the next day. The union killed those too. Pilots are pretty smart when it comes to taking care of themselves.
Snap-On has nothing on you, except they make quality tools. FedEx tools make Harbor Freight garbage look "quality".
He seriously wanted pilots to handle packages? Wtf…