Ground taking over

Mutineer

Snap-On has nothing on you, except they make quality tools. FedEx tools make Harbor Freight garbage look "quality".

HF hand tools have come a looong way in the past few years.

Add that to the list of things I thought would never happen.

I've grunted pretty hard on the ICON long 3/8 drive flex-head ratchet.

Sf, sg.

bacha29

That's some interesting reasoning. Unions "fix prices and restrict competition" sounds like something straight from the Memphis Anti-Union Task Force, aka The BBQ Squad. No, unions allow workers to form a collective voice and power that keeps management honest. No way we can have unions at FedEx without threatening the very survival of the company!! Oh my!! FedEx has union pilots who actually do make industry-leading wages, and they learned that the only countermeasure to Fred's greed was to create the ability to shut him down. Vantexan, Vantexan!! Please come help Dano!!
Were you around when Fred floated the idea of pilots handling packages while they were "off duty"? How do you think that went over? Remember crew vans? Yes, the Gods of The Sky actually had to drive themselves to the hotel and bring themselves back the next day. The union killed those too. Pilots are pretty smart when it comes to taking care of themselves.
Snap-On has nothing on you, except they make quality tools. FedEx tools make Harbor Freight garbage look "quality".
One thing that has never wavered over at union shop UPS.....consistent reliability
The thing to understand about Ground is that all it ever was was a parcel post carrier. Lower value, slower moving non guaranteed time of delivery.....just a best guess estimate. So there was quite a bit of leeway. But, when burdened down with residential it had to bull feces it's way around and out of it's limited capability.

After you dump hauling air box onto an OPCO that was never designed for it to begin with you'll end up with the most god awful mess you could possibly dream up. Sending out into an increasingly hostile public environment to perform a task critical to the economy people who are not about to " go the extra mile" for the shippers customer because just don't care because they've got nothing to lose. They can quit that job right on the spot walk a block and find 3 or 4 more of the same damn thing. More often than not it will be a safer workplace and often a better balance between employer demands and pay offered.

Has Prime Weasel and Raj The Jackal over economized their operation to the point where it's now the new carrier of the last resort? Given that UPS will almost certainly be maxed out volume wise Prime and Raj will likely get whatever accounts UPS doesn't want. Often one man deliveries of "team lift" weight freight Prime and Raj were able to steal off the LTL's . And we all know what the outcome often is when it comes to that stuff. More workman's comp injury claims than Carter's has liver pills.

It will be fine

One thing that has never wavered over at union shop UPS.....consistent reliability
The thing to understand about Ground is that all it ever was was a parcel post carrier. Lower value, slower moving non guaranteed time of delivery.....just a best guess estimate. So there was quite a bit of leeway. But, when burdened down with residential it had to bull feces it's way around and out of it's limited capability.

After you dump hauling air box onto an OPCO that was never designed for it to begin with you'll end up with the most god awful mess you could possibly dream up. Sending out into an increasingly hostile public environment to perform a task critical to the economy people who are not about to " go the extra mile" for the shippers customer because just don't care because they've got nothing to lose. They can quit that job right on the spot walk a block and find 3 or 4 more of the same damn thing. More often than not it will be a safer workplace and often a better balance between employer demands and pay offered.

Has Prime Weasel and Raj The Jackal over economized their operation to the point where it's now the new carrier of the last resort? Given that UPS will almost certainly be maxed out volume wise Prime and Raj will likely get whatever accounts UPS doesn't want. Often one man deliveries of "team lift" weight freight Prime and Raj were able to steal off the LTL's . And we all know what the outcome often is when it comes to that stuff. More workman's comp injury claims than Carter's has liver pills.
Do you ever get bored repeating yourself?

bacha29

Do you ever get bored repeating yourself?
Never. As long as I can continue to entertain myself reading the bull feces you keep posting here. Your own prior comments are proof positive that you're about to be encumbered with the biggest threat yet to your survival as a contractor as evidenced by the doubts you've openly expressed in the past.
You and others laughed at me when 4 years ago I said that this was as good as it was going to get. Contractor margins weren't going to get any higher at a time when speculators were climbing over each other to get at a contract.

That was then....This is now as evidenced by Patton strongly urging contractors to find second incomes.

zeev

That's some interesting reasoning. Unions "fix prices and restrict competition" sounds like something straight from the Memphis Anti-Union Task Force, aka The BBQ Squad. No, unions allow workers to form a collective voice and power that keeps management honest. No way we can have unions at FedEx without threatening the very survival of the company!! Oh my!! FedEx has union pilots who actually do make industry-leading wages, and they learned that the only countermeasure to Fred's greed was to create the ability to shut him down. Vantexan, Vantexan!! Please come help Dano!!
Were you around when Fred floated the idea of pilots handling packages while they were "off duty"? How do you think that went over? Remember crew vans? Yes, the Gods of The Sky actually had to drive themselves to the hotel and bring themselves back the next day. The union killed those too. Pilots are pretty smart when it comes to taking care of themselves.
They did a test market for RTD s helping on the belt, but we made are selves scarce and that end d that. Fred has always hated those pilots for organizing thought was it might influence the rank and file no worry there they are totally delusional.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
He seriously wanted pilots to handle packages? Wtf…
True. Our ramp had a pilot break room and all of their communications were posted and easily accessible. Yes, Fred actually did propose that pilots handle freight, much like the late People Express, where everyone could perform any job and were expected to as part of a team effort at efficiency. Fred had also proposed scheduling changes that made them unhappy. The memos made it extremely clear that this would never happen. FedEx pilots first had an in-house union, which proved to be weak and fractious. ALPA followed in short order and the unity issue was resolved.
They've had Fred over a barrel ever since.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
They did a test market for RTD s helping on the belt, but we made are selves scarce and that end d that. Fred has always hated those pilots for organizing thought was it might influence the rank and file no worry there they are totally delusional.
The FedEx pilots weren't organized until Fred bought the Flying Tigers, which was union, and with the condition that he recognize their union.

Too bad he didn't buy a delivery company with the same conditional requirement.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The FedEx pilots weren't organized until Fred bought the Flying Tigers, which was union, and with the condition that he recognize their union.

Not true. Your "facts" are inaccurate. All Tigers employees were forced to de-certify as a condition of the merger. This is the era of Fred's famous "Red Letters" to pilots, warning them of the dangers of forming a union and saying the usual garbage about PSP. When FDX bought Tigers, they merged the seniority lists, which meant there were a lot of Tigers people who were downgraded from Captain to FO, or FO to Engineer. 3 man crews still predominated. Tigers had a profitable PAX charter operation, which Fred killed when the flight attendants refused to de-certify.
These were not happy times for flight crews. I distinctly remember jumpseating on a 727-100 flight where the Captain and downgraded Tigers FO were arguing in the cockpit and not paying attention to flying. They actually overflew the destination airport and had to make a second attempt.
There were no unions on T-Day, but Fred got what he deserved by forcing de-certification. Check my facts, and you'll find them to be accurate.

Last edited:

AB831

Signing his name on that dotted line had to be a bitter pill to swallow

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Signing his name on that dotted line had to be a bitter pill to swallow
Yes. I wish I had a video of that very moment. Fred used almost the exact same verbiage and PSP "FedEx Cares" garbage on the pilots. This was the essence of the several Red Letters, actually printed on red paper. If they went union, the pilots would lose all of that (nothing), put FedEx into jeopardy etc. and Fred laid it on thick. Obviously the pilots didn't buy any of it after seeing the takeaways and ideas like making them into defacto box jockeys when they weren't flying. He had also played games with them on pilot specific stuff that I don't need to go into other than to say it resembled the same tactics he used with the rest of the company. It's some really excellent reading when he "threatens" the pilots with the loss of all of the benefits of remaining non-union, like GFT. It's really laughable, but Dear Leader thought his mojo would carry the day. Sorry, Fat Freddy.
The big difference is that the pilots were smart enough to detect a Prime Weasel and deal with him head-on. This is where having some courage pays off. Granted, this was a smaller, highly skilled work group, but the key principle at work was a willingness to confront the problem and threaten action. Back when FedEx actually cared about service and its reputation, efforts to unionize would have sent a strong message and perhaps even have changed the game.
Too late now. Weasel Worship is a cult where followers are the big losers.

Last edited:

AB831

Yes. I wish I had a video of that very moment. Fred used almost the exact same verbiage and PSP "FedEx Cares" garbage on the pilots. This was the essence of the several Red Letters, actually printed on red paper. If they went union, the pilots would lose all of that (nothing), put FedEx into jeopardy etc. and Fred laid it on thick. Obviously the pilots didn't buy any of it after seeing the takeaways and ideas like making them into defacto box jockeys when they weren't flying. He had also played games with them on pilot specific stuff that I don't need to go into other than to say it resembled the same tactics he used with the rest of the company. It's some really excellent reading when he "threatens" the pilots with the loss of all of the benefits of remaining non-union, like GFT. It's really laughable, but Dear Leader thought his mojo would carry the day. Sorry, Fat Freddy.
The big difference is that the pilots were smart enough to detect a Prime Weasel and deal with him head-on. This is where having some courage pays off. Granted, this was a smaller, highly skilled work group, but the key principle at work was a willingness to confront the problem and threaten action. Back when FedEx actually cared about service and its reputation, efforts to unionize would have sent a strong message and perhaps even have changed the game.
Too late now. Weasel Worship is a cult where followers are the big losers.
For such a self-proclaimed wizard, he sure is wrong about just about everything. Remember how UPS had the sense to stay away from TNT, but Fat Freddy decided to flex his muscles to show them and wasted billions trying and failing to do what UPS decided wasn’t worth it?

It will be fine

For such a self-proclaimed wizard, he sure is wrong about just about everything. Remember how UPS had the sense to stay away from TNT, but Fat Freddy decided to flex his muscles to show them and wasted billions trying and failing to do what UPS decided wasn’t worth it?
UPS had its acquisition of TNT denied by regulators in the EU. They didn’t “have enough sense to stay away.” They tried to buy it and were blocked.

Spam

The Sense to stay away🤣🤣🤣 not even close to what happened!!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
That's some interesting reasoning. Unions "fix prices and restrict competition" sounds like something straight from the Memphis Anti-Union Task Force, aka The BBQ Squad. No, unions allow workers to form a collective voice and power that keeps management honest.
LOL.
A cartel is an organization created from a formal agreement between a group of producers of a good or service to control supply or to regulate or manipulate prices. -- What Is a Cartel? Definition, Examples, and Legality

I don't have a problem with unions, but they are cartels.

No way we can have unions at FedEx without threatening the very survival of the company!! Oh my!! FedEx has union pilots who actually do make industry-leading wages, and they learned that the only countermeasure to Fred's greed was to create the ability to shut him down. Vantexan, Vantexan!! Please come help Dano!!
Dude you need help.