Ground taking over

Gone fishin

Idk it really seems to be working pretty good at our station the last two days. It doesn’t seem to be the horrible failure everyone thought it would be. There are issues to be fixed but nothing that seems major. It’s just less complicated than we thought it would be I guess. It’s still demoralizing this is happening and seems unreal.
Lot of stations, all are different

bacha29

As soon as there was a threat of a strike FedEx went back to the table and folded like a cheap suit. Ttku.....
The only question will be how many will lose their job when the restructuring is concluded. Many will find pilot jobs with the air brokers as soon as they've checked all the boxes and are cleared to fly DC3's.

FedupExpress

I got confirmation from a contractor buddy here in Fullerton, CA

They just had a meeting about taking over express, I'd imagine Fullerton express station will close soon?

It's a 1 belt operation?...

Serf

I got confirmation from a contractor buddy here in Fullerton, CA

They just had a meeting about taking over express, I'd imagine Fullerton express station will close soon?

It's a 1 belt operation?...
Back in 2015 we absorbed a smaller station. As did some other places. At first it was a big disaster. Now it’s only small disaster.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The thing to remember about an Express controlled box. From the moment it was picked until it landed right in the customer's lap Fat Freddy controlled it. Now it's going from an air broker contractor and passed around between god only knows how many ground contractors and nobody' s going to worry about how long it takes for it to finally get there....Yet Fat Freddy and Raj still seem to think think that they can maintain the same level control over that box they a had before.....Ok, we'll see.
Oh, but they DO still have control. Remember, nothing has occurred but a “business innovation “ and the location of a package is always known. For example, the dumpster behind Home Depot or in a trailer that has been sitting for a week because there is nobody to haul it.

fdxsux

We merged last week. Seems to be going more smoothly than I had hoped for. The ramp sends the day turn freight to the ground hub so they can get it to the station early in the am with the ground freight. The rest comes on the ctv. Ground handlers unload the cans. Express does the docs. Ground has to get the packages loaded in the contractors trucks by 9:45am or they have to pay them some kind of fee. On the pm ground handlers unload the trucks and express loads the cans. Ground drivers do not print labels or pull paperwork during pups so express has to do this as the packages come down the belt. Our pull time was moved up 30min. I’m sure customers are loving that.

MAKAVELI

We merged last week. Seems to be going more smoothly than I had hoped for. The ramp sends the day turn freight to the ground hub so they can get it to the station early in the am with the ground freight. The rest comes on the ctv. Ground handlers unload the cans. Express does the docs. Ground has to get the packages loaded in the contractors trucks by 9:45am or they have to pay them some kind of fee. On the pm ground handlers unload the trucks and express loads the cans. Ground drivers do not print labels or pull paperwork during pups so express has to do this as the packages come down the belt. Our pull time was moved up 30min. I’m sure customers are loving that.
That sounds like anything but smooth.