WCBD4U

Is it also true that they assign "groups" to study together after class? Ummmm I'm thinking I'll probably be the only girl and that would be a bit awkward..all in a hotel room "studying" hahaha!!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Is it also true that they assign "groups" to study together after class? Ummmm I'm thinking I'll probably be the only girl and that would be a bit awkward..all in a hotel room "studying" hahaha!!

Not if you wear a really low cut shirt

And a tight skirt

It'll be perfectly normal

Trust me on this

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
no it's not true and you can get fired for fraternizing at the hotel, since it's on company $

OP know your 5 seeing habits and 10 point commentary before you get there, it helps a lot if you test out on that on day 1

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
no it's not true and you can get fired for fraternizing at the hotel, since it's on company $

OP know your 5 seeing habits and 10 point commentary before you get there, it helps a lot if you test out on that on day 1

So, are they getting paid the whole time they are at hotel?

firedude14

As much as I appreciate this thread and the details on what to expect, I also find myself more nervous and apprehensive.
In my 40's and hired off the street for preload/Temporary Cover Driver.
I just came off a career in a para military profession so I am accustomed to being in this type of setting. With that being said, I was a little floored when I attended the one day preclass-class and was told my boots weren't shinny enough and moustache to long. My boots were damn near a mirrored finish and if I trim my moustache any more It would resemble Hitler's....
From what I have read in here, if I land a Fulltime driver position I'll have to go class again?
I'm scheduled for the Mckinney class next month.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
As much as I appreciate this thread and the details on what to expect, I also find myself more nervous and apprehensive.
In my 40's and hired off the street for preload/Temporary Cover Driver.
I just came off a career in a para military profession so I am accustomed to being in this type of setting. With that being said, I was a little floored when I attended the one day preclass-class and was told my boots weren't shinny enough and moustache to long. My boots were damn near a mirrored finish and if I trim my moustache any more It would resemble Hitler's....
From what I have read in here, if I land a Fulltime driver position I'll have to go class again?
I'm scheduled for the Mckinney class next month.

Did you work for Blackwater

For those who are going to integrad i just wanna give a view of what you'll experience when it's your turn.
(there will be grammatical errors my phone is cracked!)

On sunday i left for integrad which was in Franklin Park, Illinois. I advised you to just bring a carry on size suitcase(you just need uniforms,boots,sleeping clothes,basketball shorts,socks,white tee's,COMMON SENSE stuff and a bookbag for your notes that way you won't have to check your bags in. Once arrived you take shuttle from the airport to the hotel free of charge. When you get to the hotel you check in, the people already expecting you and they hand you these meal vouches you'll use everyday to eat for free. Also that night you have a meeting in the lobby where you'll meet some of your instructors. At the meeting He/She will tell you the importance of attendance and what to expect for the week. For us we had to be at the shuttle for 6:25am(breakfast was served for free starting at 5:25am). After the meeting to unpack your uniforms and iron them follow by sleep!

Wake up at 5AM MONDAY-FRIDAY that way you can either get dress and run down to eat breakfast and wait for the shuttle or you can quickly go eat your breakfast in your pj's then go change. It's always best to wake up early! At 6:25 One for your instructors(who is also staying at the hotel with y'all) will meet y'all for roll call at the shuttle. The bus leaves at 6:30am everyday on the dot, if you miss it you are late and you must find your own way to get there. If you are late again then just go home literally, you will be disqualified. The bus will bring you to the facility, once at the facility you will be separated into groups. You'll have a partner and y'all would belong to a larger group. For example there's 24 ppl you have A B C and D group that haves 24 ppl total and within them groups are the groups you are partners with to help you. Meaning group A has 6ppl and them ppl in group A are paired with someone in that group so it's 3 groups within group A. You and your partner will have a time card stating you which module be at for which time ITS THE SAME ROUTINE MONDAY-FRIDAY so you'll catch on quick by tuesday of where to be going. It's different from other groups so other people don't have time conflicts with the modules. You have about 11 modules along with Integration station, and Driving Experience.
The modules consist of helping you learn the package car, safety, 10 point commentary, 5 seeing habits, etc. The driving experience is teaching you what to look for when driving a package car also you have to do your commentary, driver drill, and Timm's(Traffic light, Intersection, Motorist and pedestrian, Mirrors). On monday they'll be showing you what they inspect you to see by demonstrating and they gonna give you the driver drill to study. The commentary drill is using your 10 point commentary and 5 seeing habits while you drive while saying what you doing. ITS REALLY IMPORTANT TO KNOW YOUR 5 seeing Habits and your 10 Point commentary BEFORE you go. You already have to learn and pass the modules, learn the diad, drive experience, integration station, and pass cpu assessments! knowing the 10 point commentary and the 5 seeing habits before you go will help you sleep at night. I forgot to mention at that threwout the day they'll be training you on the diad.. you'll punch in and out on the diad also you'll use the diad for majority of the day. You'll also have integration station everyday either before or after driving experience. Integration is a simulation neighborhood where you drive safe while delivering stops efficiently, come thursday one of your test will be integration station where you have to deliver 5 packages and 1 pickup(that was for us may be different) under 19 min. It will be 4 ppl testing at a time so start at your weakest point so you can get that stop over with. Also watch out there will be lil obsticals like fake children in front your vehicle to make sure you are checking your vehicle surroundings before you enter the package car. After you did your modules, integration, and driving experience you'll meet up with everybody where your TEAM groups not just you and your partner will play some learning games to win prizes on friday(if you make it) after that you giving a HW assignment to just do a skit on either professionalism, customer relation, service and safety. You and your partner should help each other all the time. By helping each other, you'll be helping yourselves and from what i seen the ppl who had strong partnerships usually passed easily. My partner and I study together and even helped each other on the shirts to iron. If you and your partner are driven you gonna be pass! What you just read above will be the same routine for what you do everyday at integrad you will do the same routine every morning soon as you enter the facility you grab your diad you punch in help your partner if nessasary, instructors say a few words then you do your modules go on the road for driving experience, finish your modules then integration station. TIPS
again it's best to know the 10 point commentary, 5 seeing habits, Pretrip, and at least some of the diad before you go. You don't wanna be that guy that can't get it word for word on the 5 seeing habits and get sent home on thursday cause they waited late to test out. Starting tuesday you get a chance to test out your 10 point commentary, 5 seeing habits, and Pretrip. I knocked out all that on tuesday so i had ALL DAY wed to just focus on my integration station and driving drill experience tests. ALSO you wanna make sure your uniforms is CRISP and SHARP everyday on WED there's a uniform test where they grade your appearance. Oh my god don't get sent home for that. Thursday it's the same routine as the timecard you been following but this time when you go on your driving experience it's the test now and when you go to integration it's the test as well. Thursday is the hardest day and you could pretty much assume you have it. All you have to do friday is a diad assessment which test you on what you learned for the diad THAT day it's not a compilation of the week and a 60 point test which ask you questions you been seeing at the modules. After that you take your picture and congratulations you passed! It's a really amazing feeling when you pass and it's worth the hard work i put in.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
For those who are going to integrad i just wanna give a view of what you'll experience when it's your turn.
(there will be grammatical errors my phone is cracked!)

On sunday i left for integrad which was in Franklin Park, Illinois. I advised you to just bring a carry on size suitcase(you just need uniforms,boots,sleeping clothes,basketball shorts,socks,white tee's,COMMON SENSE stuff and a bookbag for your notes that way you won't have to check your bags in. Once arrived you take shuttle from the airport to the hotel free of charge. When you get to the hotel you check in, the people already expecting you and they hand you these meal vouches you'll use everyday to eat for free. Also that night you have a meeting in the lobby where you'll meet some of your instructors. At the meeting He/She will tell you the importance of attendance and what to expect for the week. For us we had to be at the shuttle for 6:25am(breakfast was served for free starting at 5:25am). After the meeting to unpack your uniforms and iron them follow by sleep!

Wake up at 5AM MONDAY-FRIDAY that way you can either get dress and run down to eat breakfast and wait for the shuttle or you can quickly go eat your breakfast in your pj's then go change. It's always best to wake up early! At 6:25 One for your instructors(who is also staying at the hotel with y'all) will meet y'all for roll call at the shuttle. The bus leaves at 6:30am everyday on the dot, if you miss it you are late and you must find your own way to get there. If you are late again then just go home literally, you will be disqualified. The bus will bring you to the facility, once at the facility you will be separated into groups. You'll have a partner and y'all would belong to a larger group. For example there's 24 ppl you have A B C and D group that haves 24 ppl total and within them groups are the groups you are partners with to help you. Meaning group A has 6ppl and them ppl in group A are paired with someone in that group so it's 3 groups within group A. You and your partner will have a time card stating you which module be at for which time ITS THE SAME ROUTINE MONDAY-FRIDAY so you'll catch on quick by tuesday of where to be going. It's different from other groups so other people don't have time conflicts with the modules. You have about 11 modules along with Integration station, and Driving Experience.
The modules consist of helping you learn the package car, safety, 10 point commentary, 5 seeing habits, etc. The driving experience is teaching you what to look for when driving a package car also you have to do your commentary, driver drill, and Timm's(Traffic light, Intersection, Motorist and pedestrian, Mirrors). On monday they'll be showing you what they inspect you to see by demonstrating and they gonna give you the driver drill to study. The commentary drill is using your 10 point commentary and 5 seeing habits while you drive while saying what you doing. ITS REALLY IMPORTANT TO KNOW YOUR 5 seeing Habits and your 10 Point commentary BEFORE you go. You already have to learn and pass the modules, learn the diad, drive experience, integration station, and pass cpu assessments! knowing the 10 point commentary and the 5 seeing habits before you go will help you sleep at night. I forgot to mention at that threwout the day they'll be training you on the diad.. you'll punch in and out on the diad also you'll use the diad for majority of the day. You'll also have integration station everyday either before or after driving experience. Integration is a simulation neighborhood where you drive safe while delivering stops efficiently, come thursday one of your test will be integration station where you have to deliver 5 packages and 1 pickup(that was for us may be different) under 19 min. It will be 4 ppl testing at a time so start at your weakest point so you can get that stop over with. Also watch out there will be lil obsticals like fake children in front your vehicle to make sure you are checking your vehicle surroundings before you enter the package car. After you did your modules, integration, and driving experience you'll meet up with everybody where your TEAM groups not just you and your partner will play some learning games to win prizes on friday(if you make it) after that you giving a HW assignment to just do a skit on either professionalism, customer relation, service and safety. You and your partner should help each other all the time. By helping each other, you'll be helping yourselves and from what i seen the ppl who had strong partnerships usually passed easily. My partner and I study together and even helped each other on the shirts to iron. If you and your partner are driven you gonna be pass! What you just read above will be the same routine for what you do everyday at integrad you will do the same routine every morning soon as you enter the facility you grab your diad you punch in help your partner if nessasary, instructors say a few words then you do your modules go on the road for driving experience, finish your modules then integration station. TIPS
again it's best to know the 10 point commentary, 5 seeing habits, Pretrip, and at least some of the diad before you go. You don't wanna be that guy that can't get it word for word on the 5 seeing habits and get sent home on thursday cause they waited late to test out. Starting tuesday you get a chance to test out your 10 point commentary, 5 seeing habits, and Pretrip. I knocked out all that on tuesday so i had ALL DAY wed to just focus on my integration station and driving drill experience tests. ALSO you wanna make sure your uniforms is CRISP and SHARP everyday on WED there's a uniform test where they grade your appearance. Oh my god don't get sent home for that. Thursday it's the same routine as the timecard you been following but this time when you go on your driving experience it's the test now and when you go to integration it's the test as well. Thursday is the hardest day and you could pretty much assume you have it. All you have to do friday is a diad assessment which test you on what you learned for the diad THAT day it's not a compilation of the week and a 60 point test which ask you questions you been seeing at the modules. After that you take your picture and congratulations you passed! It's a really amazing feeling when you pass and it's worth the hard work i put in.

Thanks for the essay.

Damn good thing I never had to do any of that.

Matt85091

hr sent me to integrad without uniforms. Showed up day 1 and was told to drive to the hub 27 miles away to get a uniform.
didnt have DOT license until mid week.
interesting experience....
remember i made about 440 bucks that week....
for those that have never loaded/unloaded that more than 2x than what those workers make.
Hardest part about integrad is learning the 10 C's and doing the 2 minute drill.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Do they have coed partners?
I already did NSPT class but I have a running fantasy where I go to Integrad and get paired up with an unrealistically attractive blonde girl who wears scandalously short brown daisy dukes and a bare midriff UPS shirt.

When she slips and falls on the slip simulator, I catch her in my arms, Errol Flynn style.
We study together, have meals together and she irons and presses my uniform, then I iron and press her in the back of a package car, usually on MFR or RDR.