I agree , but OP said they have a similar class in his hometown so why make it difficult on an employee. They have to pass the 30 days when they get back anyways..
Locally we usually only have one class here around peak time, the rest of the year they make them go elsewhere. Maybe they don't want to spend their resources locally to train a couple of people. What happens if your center only needs one or two drivers? Are they going to hold a class for two people.??

MDX91

Someone already said it, but 5 and 10 beforehand. 5 is verbatim, 10 is bold verbatim and have the main ideas of the text. Verbatim as in it's wrong if you add any extra letters or words no matter the grammatical sense of it. If you're having trouble with the 5, All good kkkids like milk. If you have a copy of the pretrip you can practice somewhat, but you won't really get an idea of what they want until they demonstrate it for you. But if you have your 5 and 10 out of the way, it's cake to pick up. Integration, just always remember to check tread to tread before you get in, and always have your seatbelt on before you start, the first one will dq you on the final test of it, the second one will dq you on any day. Driver commentary, LRL Clear as soon as you see an intersection, and clear your crosswalks too. Announce all traffic related or affecting signs. Announce all billboards (anything blocking your vision of your road path or intersections). Practice your TIMMs too. "Traffic light red, intersection hazard, motorists left right or all around, no pedestrians, right mirror hazard" repeat with a different mirror and any updates for motorists or pedestrians until the light changes. Driver drill is only worth two points, but it's not hard to practice in your own car either. Just remember that mirrors and speed are considered rear eye movements and you can't do rear to rear. So left mirror hazard, left curb hazard, speed 45, eye lead time (fixed object) ahead, following distance x seconds, right curb hazard, right mirror hazard, right curb hazard, and keep going back and forth for 2 minutes.

Brohn Bron

My travel restriction is due to caring for my cousin with cerebral palsy. I appreciate the condescending rhetorical response, but I’m here for answers thank you.

In all seriousness and sensitivity, qualifying as a UPS driver WILL NOT make you that much more available to care for your responsibilities by being home. Yes, the pay is good after some time, but it’s a sacrifice. Maybe this opportunity just isn’t one your ready to make at this time.

Brohn Bron

Personally, 2 minute driver drill is distracted driving if you ask me. Concentrate on the damn road, not me pointing crap out to you and talking. Talking on a Bluetooth is considered DD, why not this dip shi t drill?!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Personally, 2 minute driver drill is distracted driving if you ask me. Concentrate on the damn road, not me pointing crap out to you and talking. Talking on a Bluetooth is considered DD, why not this dip shi t drill?!
Exactly. Thank god I didn't have to do it during driver school

Basically tell the driver sups to shove it up their ass during the annual.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I am going to Intergrad in Atlanta GA Aug 19th. If anyone has been there please give me all the tips you can! They say Atlanta is pretty tough so I want to be very well prepared! Also for the 2minute eye movement drill, I’m still alittle shaky on.

You bringing the wife and kids

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I’ve recently been told I have to go to integrad. It is difficult for me to travel and the nearest facility is almost 200 miles away. They also offer the similar class in my home town. I asked if I could instead just take the class in my home town and they’re telling me I have to go to integrad.... Can they force that on me? If so, why am I being singled out when others from my center are taking their class at the hub in my home town?

They think you are a screw up

JohnDoe123

Know your 5's word for word and the bold part of the 10's while being able to explain them. Try to test out of them on Monday or Tuesday. 2 people failed because they waited too long to test out of them. They passed everything else that week but ran out of time on Friday. Sucks, but thats on them. It really is not that hard to memorize them. I just wrote them down a ton about a week prior to class. Even if you don't have them down pat on Monday still try to test out of them. They will help you remember them and it shows the instructors you are trying.
NOBODY passed the driving test/commentary/drill on Tuesday. One person passed on Wednesday. 21 passed on Thursday. They try to stress you out that the driving commentary/drill is tough. Just show improvement each day and don't hit anything and you will pass. 2 people failed the driving test because of legit unsafe driving and not showing any improvement.
Go slow with the integration station and try not to miss anything. Nobody failed the integration station. They don't care if you don't finish all the stops, they just want to see you apply what you have learned all week. Don't hit the fake child and don't leave the bulkhead door open.
The pre-trip was actually tougher than I expected, but you get as many times as you need to pass (29 items within 3.5 minutes). Don't wait till Friday to do the Pre-trip because you can run out of time.
They also have each team do skits each day, about 1 hour of DIAD training each day, and 8 other stations that you rotate around to (VR, Lifting, Slip n Fall, UPS Professionalism, package selection, etc), and about 2 hours of lecturing. I think they just want to put as much stress on you as possible to weed out the lazy individuals. Just show up on time, iron your clothes, and show improvement each and you will pass.
The instructors are great and really want everyone to pass. They may act all tough at first, but if you show interest in learning and show that you applied what they teach then they lighten up.
Oh, and the points that they give out/subtract all week don't mean anything, unless you want your team to win a stress ball and a toy UPS truck.

rsocha20

Alright guys I’m in my 4th day at Atlanta Intergrad and it’s not as bad as ppl say. Hell it is tough but by today they basically were helping everyone with there 5/10 and pre trip to pass. Now the commentary/drill drove and integration station we have to test out tomorrow so hopefully they won’t be as strict wit that. But so far we only had one guy fail out of 25 guys cause he ran over a curb driving. But I guess I’ll let I know how many more, if any, fail tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Robretro

Alright guys I’m in my 4th day at Atlanta Intergrad and it’s not as bad as ppl say. Hell it is tough but by today they basically were helping everyone with there 5/10 and pre trip to pass. Now the commentary/drill drove and integration station we have to test out tomorrow so hopefully they won’t be as strict wit that. But so far we only had one guy fail out of 25 guys cause he ran over a curb driving. But I guess I’ll let I know how many more, if any, fail tomorrow. Wish me luck!
How was it? I heard most people get cut the last days. I thought it lasts until Friday?

Brown_Star

Methods Man
Someone already said it, but 5 and 10 beforehand. 5 is verbatim, 10 is bold verbatim and have the main ideas of the text. Verbatim as in it's wrong if you add any extra letters or words no matter the grammatical sense of it. If you're having trouble with the 5, All good kkkids like milk. If you have a copy of the pretrip you can practice somewhat, but you won't really get an idea of what they want until they demonstrate it for you. But if you have your 5 and 10 out of the way, it's cake to pick up. Integration, just always remember to check tread to tread before you get in, and always have your seatbelt on before you start, the first one will dq you on the final test of it, the second one will dq you on any day. Driver commentary, LRL Clear as soon as you see an intersection, and clear your crosswalks too. Announce all traffic related or affecting signs. Announce all billboards (anything blocking your vision of your road path or intersections). Practice your TIMMs too. "Traffic light red, intersection hazard, motorists left right or all around, no pedestrians, right mirror hazard" repeat with a different mirror and any updates for motorists or pedestrians until the light changes. Driver drill is only worth two points, but it's not hard to practice in your own car either. Just remember that mirrors and speed are considered rear eye movements and you can't do rear to rear. So left mirror hazard, left curb hazard, speed 45, eye lead time (fixed object) ahead, following distance x seconds, right curb hazard, right mirror hazard, right curb hazard, and keep going back and forth for 2 minutes.
You got something against paragraphs?