scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I know this has likely been posted before but I need more clarification.
For the 5 and 10, I know what has to be word for word and what doesn't, however, do you have to say them verbally or write them down for test?
What if you have "Starting up at an/the intersection" instead of "starting up at intersection" Is that a fail? I am trying to understand how strict this is, if i I miss a "the" or "an" am I failed?
Anyone gone to Integrad in Arizona? Any reviews on their training and how strict they are? I am really only worried about the 5 and 10, the rest with hands on I can handle I think...

Thanks in advance.
They will treat you like you are in boot camp. Shoes shined, uniforms pressed and creased, very robotic. If they have already given you or give you the DOK crap, learn it verbatim how it is written on the paperwork.

rsocha20

Alright guys I’m in my 4th day at Atlanta Intergrad and it’s not as bad as ppl say. Hell it is tough but by today they basically were helping everyone with there 5/10 and pre trip to pass. Now the commentary/drill drove and integration station we have to test out tomorrow so hopefully they won’t be as strict wit that. But so far we only had one guy fail out of 25 guys cause he ran over a curb driving. But I guess I’ll let I know how many more, if any, fail tomorrow. Wish me luck!
How was it? I heard most people get cut the last days. I thought it lasts until Friday?

It does but Thursday is your test out day and most ppl get cut then. If you pass the road test and integration station then Friday your in the clear, you just take two little tests and your done and they give you as many chances as you want to pass the tests. It was tough but they do want everyone to pass and they help you as much as they can.

Special UPS Operator

I just filled out the driver intent form. With my permit. What should I expect next??

Here in the chicago area. I basically expressed interest in all the 10 or so hubs in my area.

What is the likelihood of me getting selected for feeders in the next 6 months???

Any updates/info will be very helpful.

FarmerJoe

Howdy.

Excited. Hired as a new driver and start the school on Monday.

I have been amazed at how little info was given by HR. JUST.... Here's two uniforms and here is the date of the class that starts Monday 9/10

So... What should I expect when school is done on Friday?

Will I start immediately on the following Monday?

Will I start as a trainee? Will I be issued with another driver? What will my hours be at the beginning?

Hard to plan life without much information.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
80F4C716-9536-46D4-8669-F0E8CA95BD97.gif

Howdy.

Excited. Hired as a new driver and start the school on Monday.

I have been amazed at how little info was given by HR. JUST.... Here's two uniforms and here is the date of the class that starts Monday 9/10

Will I start immediately on the following Monday?

Will I start as a trainee? Will I be issued with another driver? What will my hours be at the beginning?

Hard to plan life without much information.
Yes

IESucks

Hello,

Heading to Intergrad for drivers school. I've been with UPS as a package handler for 2 years but I'm only the second person in my building to be sent to Intergrad. I've read some posts on here about it but most seem to be several years old so I figured I'd start a new one.

I know it's a pretty intense course, my boss called it UPS Boot Camp. I've already been through real basic training so I'm not so concerned about the course intensity but more worried about getting booted for something stupid and preventable.

I'm heading to West Boylston, MA for school. Does anyone know if you use a manual transmission in the trucks there? I know the basics for driving stick but it's been 5 years since I've learned it and none of the trucks in my center have sticks so my bosses told me not to worry about it when I told them. I understand the process to operate a manual trans but I'm definitely rusty on it; I know I'm gonna grind the gears.

Footwear, most of the drivers in my center wear those cheap New Balance all black leather walking shoes that most fast food workers wear. I bought a pair but now I'm wondering if this an acceptable option for Intergrad? I'm sure I could polish them but they're definitely sneakers and not boots.

As for the uniform it needs to be clean and presentable with creases along the front of the pant legs and along the sleeve correct? I didn't get any shorts so I don't need to worry about wearing the UPS socks right? I know I need solid white or brown undershirts.

Any other tips or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks
HF
Have to know how to drive a stick, can't wear tennis shoes, no creases needed, hang up straight out of dryer so no wrinkles. Have to wear brown or black socks with pants. Have to order ups socks with shorts.

Lando82

Hello all,

I've scoured the threads about new hires and cant seem to find any consistent answers. I start "training/driver school" Monday for a FT Permanent Package Car Driver in the Denver area. I don't know anyone currently employed by UPS and looking for advice. The interview didn't contain a single question, just fill out these forms, get a DOT card and driving test passed then show up Monday morning. I'm hoping to find some people that work these hubs and know the Local etc. Is this the normal process for this position in this area, it just seems like a very spray and pray approach from the companies side. Is there a desperate need for drivers? After training is complete the 30 days begin, I'm hoping its pretty consistent and after seniority is gained is this T-S 40+ a week driving a route? so far it seems a bit too simple to be that simple. Thanks

Last edited:

GenericUsername

Sounds about on par for my area (Florida). They don't ask a lot of questions because they don't really need to. You can either drive the package car or you can't, it's that simple.

Get familiar with the sheets they gave you for the class (5 seeing habits, 10 point commentary). Memorize the 5 seeing habits word for word (and it needs to be perfect). The 10 is pretty easy to get an idea on. Those you really just need to have the main points memorized to describe them. You'll come out ahead if you have this down pretty good before Monday's class.

Show up on time, clean shaven, and pay attention. Learn your route that you're assigned to and pay a lot of attention on number breaks/where the supervisor turns around/etc. Get as much information as you can from him. Don't sweat the diad part of the training as it'll be a lot easier once you have it in your hand and do the first 30 or so stops.

I highly recommend that you also look over the area while off the clock once you figure out where you're going to be at. Even if it's just looking at the map to get an idea of it, it'll help you.

Good luck and may Big Brown have mercy on your soul.