Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
You BCers are fN awesome-Thanks for all the good vibes -Getting stoked for class on Monday, Gotta make it 300 mi. to the training site 1st. HAHAHAHA Wtf did i get myself into....JK HAHAHA!! My coffee game is strong, I can make iT!! Nothing Black Betty can't fix ;)
party0033.gif

You know theyre talking about heroin in that song right? Heroin only fixes a broken home.

Christian M

this question is for ups drivers who have or haven’t failed on their first 30 day training. Do you have advice on things I should watch out for and do great so I won’t fail my 30 day training behind the wheel? Thank you

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
this question is for ups drivers who have or haven’t failed on their first 30 day training. Do you have advice on things I should watch out for and do great so I won’t fail my 30 day training behind the wheel? Thank you
Drive fast, take chances!

Starting class for package car driving this week...

I can hardly imagine what I’m in for there haha. I have tried studying the material they give me often and check myself on it.

If all goes ok with passing the class, I was wondering about the 30 days a driver has to log to be “qualified”...

If a newer driver works during the “peak” time do those days go towards their 30, like any other week day of the year?

I heard someone try and say the peak days don’t work that way for a new driver.

One last question, it seems it takes several months for some new drivers to end up driving very consistently... would you guys say the same?

Guys might drive a day or two then be in the hub back on their part time loading/unloading position...

Thanks for any help with this...

If they hired you as a full-time driver and not a seasonal, you can get your 30 days would count. If you was hired as a seasonal it won't count.

As far as driving steady, it varies by location.

Good luck

trickpony1

Yes, i got a permanent full time bid. Forgot to list that.

How can you "...starting class...this week." and have a full time bid?

The company has an annoying habit of misleading new hires into thinking they are permanent, full time, forever employees when, in fact, they could be gone after peak.