Headed to Intergrad

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by HFolb23, Sep 16, 2016.

1. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Wake Up!

Too much KFC?

2. He didn't even care about his retro check.
    He said I'm outta here.

3. That's ridiculous. We have a guaranteed number of full time jobs, you need that in your supplement.

4. Code 82 Approved

Code 82 Approved Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!

He said peak, not beak!

5. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

[​IMG]

6. IESucks

IESucks Active Member

Tip? Go to college

7. TonyG

TonyG New Member

Is it Manual at the school in Massachusetts?

8. Sweeper

Sweeper I need a bigger broom

I have no idea but if TonyG is your real name, change your user name. This is an anonymous forum

9. Lord of Cardboard

Lord of Cardboard New Member

Tony G, no they are all auto. I was there three weeks ago.

10. moldsporh

moldsporh Active Member

Note to newbies.....don't try to crush the routes during your 30-day. Hone your methods, make the telematics report look good. Take most of your lunch, but save the sprint and skip your lunch for the last 3 or 4 days so when you scratch and go past 30-days, you are in.

Then go back to taking your 1hr meal.. :)

Stay off your phone, social media will tank your numbers. 1 min per stop is about 2 hours added to your day...or more.

11. KhalDan

KhalDan New Member

I'm curious if there is anyone that will view this thread before Tuesday morning that has been to a Intergrad prep-class in the DFW area?
    If so, I REALLY would like to know if the 5's and 10's are the only thing that they're going to make me recite. I've talked to a couple drivers who told me that would be all, and even the prep class agenda paper I was given only says 5's and 10's, but my HR lady told me the entire packet.

12. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Better start memorizing

13. 5Cube4Life

5Cube4Life New Member

Yes, 5 and 10. Also memorize pretrip. You will have to do that in front of instructor, with vehicle present. It is timed as well.

14. KhalDan

KhalDan New Member

The pretrip has to be preformed in the prep class? The agenda I was given only shows pre trip explanation and pre trip practice.

15. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Does it matter?

I’ll help you out

Rarely does anything at UPS go as scripted

16. KhalDan

KhalDan New Member

Considering i'm looking at half a day vs one week to cram, yes it does matter

17. In that case, less posting and more studying

Good luck

18. 5Cube4Life

5Cube4Life New Member

Sorry no, missed the "prep". My prep class was 5, 10, and some computer training. I think the computer stuff was an online course with an exam after it, multiple choice, I believe.

19. SolidWoodPanel

SolidWoodPanel Probably the Greatest American Alive

You should quit. Find another job and move if you have to. Working seven hours now, making close to $50k, getting a $12k bump after one year. UPS owes me thousands in backpay. Millions to its supposed 200,000+ personnel. While that cash collects interest, we get nothing. Just as corrupt and greedy as many of the corporations. Modern day plantations.

20. KhalDan

KhalDan New Member

Any pointers from those who have recently been to the Chicago or Florida intergrad? Do either still regularly use manuals?