Chaos

I Am The Devil
Tomorrow is first day of driving school.

No uniform yet. Nice they ordered it on Friday so I get to be that guy first day, khakis, some kind of long sleeve collared shirt covering my arm tats, and boots.

Been cramming the 15 points for 3 days, got em down. Wish I had more time to do it but as I’ve already experienced this is ups messing with me cause they can. Found out others got this info weeks ago.

Happy they hired me in as a permanent swing rather than a seasonal. I’m excited cause it’s a new job, but not really excited cause it’s boxes...

Anyone know if my Apple ear plugs will work on their computers or do I need to bring some standard ear buds with the 4mm plug?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

No uniform yet. Nice they ordered it on Friday so I get to be that guy first day, khakis, some kind of long sleeve collared shirt covering my arm tats, and boots.

Been cramming the 15 points for 3 days, got em down. Wish I had more time to do it but as I’ve already experienced this is ups messing with me cause they can. Found out others got this info weeks ago.

Happy they hired me in as a permanent swing rather than a seasonal. I’m excited cause it’s a new job, but not really excited cause it’s boxes...

Anyone know if my Apple ear plugs will work on their computers or do I need to bring some standard ear buds with the 4mm plug?
Looks like UPS is getting desperate!

Alamo Joe

Driving school? Ha,thats funny. When I started driving an on car sup road with me 2 days then went on my own. You had to work 30 days straighf and make scratch. Now they baby the new guys and slowly work them in.

Poop Head

Judge me.

Did they tell you to bring earphones?

Chaos

I Am The Devil
yes they said to bring earphones with me. I wish I could skip driving school and get right to it, but this is their method.

It’s parcel nothing new, just different company...throw me to the wolves...I’ll come back leader of the whole pack

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Go fast, take chances!

506b85105911d.image.jpg

SeasonalDesertTrooper

Hey fellow BCers, i finally did it I'm headed to Top Gun...ahhhHmm i mean Driver Training. Its not Integrad either. I just need to find out what I need to do to pass this Training. hat can I expect? I was told there would be a food reimbursement and mileage....( I will check tomorrow to get nitty gritty with Rep)How long does food & mileage reimbursement take to get back? Any of you seasoned graduates from this year(Not from Integrad)please chime in and share your info,tips,tricks,etc. All help is greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance. I have been trying to get in to UPS for sometime now I FINALLY have my chance. #TIMETOGETBUSY

sikidiki

Yep, have your 5's and 10s memorized, the 5 point commentary needs to be word for word, study study study, it will be tons better. My driving class, also not integrad just consisted of alot of old videos and listening to storys and tons of computer based training. We got put in a fancy hotel and had a fancy rental car as well.
When you start driving and doing the driver drills, don't worry if you seize up and freak out, it happens until you get used to it, then you can start spouting off your left mirror clear, left curb clear, speed is 30mph eye lead time is green sign ahead, right mirror clear right curb clear, and you just go from left to right,or right to left, never skipping the middle, and announce intersections as well they get you extra points!

Show up to class on time and clean shaven, and have a good attitude In class pay attention to the lifting and lowering techniques, the yard rules, hazmat stuff and so on. You will be tested on those later on. Congrats! Its gonna be a rough ride for a little while, i am a few weeks away from my 1 year and its been a wild ride so far! Also you should probably start working out and going on some jogs, you will be out of shape and sore for a while once you start, gotta break you in before so its not as painful haha.

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
Yep, have your 5's and 10s memorized, the 5 point commentary needs to be word for word, study study study, it will be tons better. My driving class, also not integrad just consisted of alot of old videos and listening to storys and tons of computer based training. We got put in a fancy hotel and had a fancy rental car as well.
When you start driving and doing the driver drills, don't worry if you seize up and freak out, it happens until you get used to it, then you can start spouting off your left mirror clear, left curb clear, speed is 30mph eye lead time is green sign ahead, right mirror clear right curb clear, and you just go from left to right,or right to left, never skipping the middle, and announce intersections as well they get you extra points!

Show up to class on time and clean shaven, and have a good attitude In class pay attention to the lifting and lowering techniques, the yard rules, hazmat stuff and so on. You will be tested on those later on. Congrats! Its gonna be a rough ride for a little while, i am a few weeks away from my 1 year and its been a wild ride so far! Also you should probably start working out and going on some jogs, you will be out of shape and sore for a while once you start, gotta break you in before so its not as painful haha.

UPS is so full of :censored2:, after all drivers goes through to be a driver. They make the lives miserable even more with telematics, ORION, breaks, etc..not all the money in the world will take away my happiness to suit their standards. Hell No. That's me and my opinion, of course.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
UPS is so full of :censored2:, after all drivers goes through to be a driver. They make the lives miserable even more with telematics, ORION, breaks, etc..not all the money in the world will take away my happiness to suit their standards. Hell No. That's me and my opinion, of course.

You must have flunked out