Hot Carl

HR Lady told me it is a 75% fail rate
Is that true or is she full of it?
She said there will be 96 in my class that would mean 72 would fail I just can’t imagine UPS throwing away their money like that
Oh it's true. And trust me UPS LOVES to throw away money. You have to see it for yourself to fully grasp it though.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
HR Lady told me it is a 75% fail rate
Is that true or is she full of it?
She said there will be 96 in my class that would mean 72 would fail I just can’t imagine UPS throwing away their money like that

They act like Integrad is the boot camp of UPS. And, prior to attending Integrad, the attendees have been vetted and are beyond reproach when in actuality, some of the people they hire are druggies, thieves, dropouts, minor felons, and drunks.

They fail people because the shoes are dull, the uniform gig line is off, and because you cannot spout off the bland, emotionless statements like a robot. Makes no sense does it? Well that's exactly what happens and it's their money and they spend it freely. Some of these people they fail would have been excellent drivers but they worry more about little things than they do about practical experience and application. Good luck hope you stay in the 25%.

Hot Carl

They act like Integrad is the boot camp of UPS. And, prior to attending Integrad, the attendees have been vetted and are beyond reproach when in actuality, some of the people they hire are druggies, thieves, dropouts, minor felons, and drunks.

They fail people because the shoes are dull, the uniform gig line is off, and because you cannot spout off the bland, emotionless statements like a robot. Makes no sense does it? Well that's exactly what happens and it's their money and they spend it freely. Some of these people they fail would have been excellent drivers but they worry more about little things than they do about practical experience and application. Good luck hope you stay in the 25%.
All true. Very few people in our center who get sent to Integrad ever pass. We have one driver who went there and was literally the only person who made it out. They had stopped sending our people there for a while because of that and sent them to the local class instead. They only recently started sending people back there with predictable results. One guy failed because of his shorts. One guy damn near made it only to fall short near the end. They're sending a girl there for Saturday Air soon and I think I know what's gonna happen, though I am pulling for her.

I think my favorite part of Integrad is where they check everyone's arms for visible tattoos every single morning. Like, they'e not allowed to go anywhere at night. Are they worried they're giving them to each other in their hotel rooms?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
All true. Very few people in our center who get sent to Integrad ever pass. We have one driver who went there and was literally the only person who made it out. They had stopped sending our people there for a while because of that and sent them to the local class instead. They only recently started sending people back there with predictable results. One guy failed because of his shorts. One guy damn near made it only to fall short near the end. They're sending a girl there for Saturday Air soon and I think I know what's gonna happen, though I am pulling for her.

I think my favorite part of Integrad is where they check everyone's arms for visible tattoos every single morning. Like, they'e not allowed to go anywhere at night. Are they worried they're giving them to each other in their hotel rooms?

Integrad, much like Orion, is a failure the company created to make itself look untouchable. The same drivers that "fail" Integrad are the same drivers who later attend the local driver school and excel on the road. They are not runners, they have a good grasp on their directional awareness, they can multi-task, and almost never require additional supervision. They can remember any address and can run any route after learning it once.

Hot Carl

Integrad, much like Orion, is a failure the company created to make itself look untouchable. The same drivers that "fail" Integrad are the same drivers who later attend the local driver school and excel on the road. They are not runners, they have a good grasp on their directional awareness, they can multi-task, and almost never require additional supervision. They can remember any address and can run any route after learning it once.
Exactly. I've seen people fail Integrad and then pass the local class a year later and run scratch early on in their 30 days without breaking a sweat. Meanwhile, one of the few people we've had pass Integrad ended up failing miserably out on the road. But at least their boots were shiny.

Passing Integrad has virtually nothing to do with whether or not you're cut out for the job and it's an enormous disservice to the qualified candidates they send home.

I have been with UPS for about 4 and a half years. I decided to go ahead and sign the 22.4 bid sheet even though a lot of our old timers say its bad news. Meaning you’ll work long days and do the :censored2: routes nobody wants to do. I already work long days and get :censored2: on in the hub everyday so nothing new there . Instead of sending me to the local school which I believe they stopped a few months back, I am getting sent to the Integrad driving school in Chicago. I’ve heard many different stories of it being rough and tough, but I wanted to see if anybody on here has actually gone to Integrad. Maybe offer some advice on what to expect and what they are looking for. What would be good to bring with you that would help out during the week. Thanks in advance.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I have been with UPS for about 4 and a half years. I decided to go ahead and sign the 22.4 bid sheet even though a lot of our old timers say its bad news. Meaning you’ll work long days and do the :censored2: routes nobody wants to do. I already work long days and get :censored2: on in the hub everyday so nothing new there . Instead of sending me to the local school which I believe they stopped a few months back, I am getting sent to the Integrad driving school in Chicago. I’ve heard many different stories of it being rough and tough, but I wanted to see if anybody on here has actually gone to Integrad. Maybe offer some advice on what to expect and what they are looking for. What would be good to bring with you that would help out during the week. Thanks in advance.

Did you not see the thread at the top of this forum?
https://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/headed-to-intergrad.370797/

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Yeah I saw that the post was 3 years old so I decided to start a new one. Not sure if things have changed or not. Just trying to figure out how to be successful at Integrad, what I should do to prepare, things people brought with them that helped them out.
Its pretty detailed and accurate description and there are newer posts about going to Integrad

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Yeah I saw that the post was 3 years old so I decided to start a new one. Not sure if things have changed or not. Just trying to figure out how to be successful at Integrad, what I should do to prepare, things people brought with them that helped them out.
The only thing that has changed in 3 years is now we all have facial hair waivers.

GenericUsername

The only thing that has changed in 3 years is now we all have facial hair waivers.

I don't even have a waiver. I just stopped shaving last week and nobody even cares. I'm on vacation next week and going to see how long I can let it grow before anyone says anything to me about it.

BestMgrEver

Hot girl summer
Nothings different in Integrad. Only thing that may have changed is the trucks may have cradles In them since it's apart of the 340 methods as of this week.

Bluefootedoobie

Damage Inc.

Raider, this:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Its pretty detailed and accurate description and there are newer posts about going to Integrad

7B3ACC8F-E3AB-40E5-A0B0-AB158A4C6A16.jpeg

Laguna Preload

So I Passed!
Thanks again for all the info
It was super easy. They ran 3 classes at once. They told us right off the bat there are so many people that they couldn’t run the reg integrad. Commentary drive and integration station that they just renamed tiny town were for our learning benefit and we were not graded on those.
All we had to do was 5s and 10s, uniform, and modules. Of course had to stay safe too. A girl was hitting cones and all kinds of crap and she still passed.
A few people left on there own and a few failed but everyone else passed.
Next week is all seasonals and they are running the easy version into November.
They even had trainer sups from all over the place. All of them were supper chill.