Headed to Intergrad

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by HFolb23, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Operational needs

Operational needs Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Geez. You’re SO childish!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

tenor-67.gif

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  3. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

You think you hate it here now, just wait until you get to know everyone!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. UPS4E

UPS4E Member

Yeah that’s not gonna happen at all. The site useless unless someone actually cares and answers a question without a smart a&& remark.

5. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

How are all those aches and pains doing? You going to make it till retirement?

6. UPS4E

UPS4E Member

Sure am. Can’t come soon enough ...

7. bugsbunny

bugsbunny New Member

I went thru Menlo park Intergrad 3 years ago. Wear proper black/brown leather boots, polish them everyday nice clean ironed uniform, wear a belt, shave everyday, try to finish your 5 & 10's on first day or 2nd day. Pay attention driving, listen to instructors. , take it seriously. It"s all depends on your attitude that do you want to learn or play games. Good luck

8. Tom Jefferson

Tom Jefferson Member

thank you brother.

9. Tom Jefferson

Tom Jefferson Member

finally, it amazes me that majority of these guys have all made it to driving. knowing the feeling let alone, you would think they'd give some kind of advice that you can take from. instead, they tell you to grow a full beard and talk BS on here all day.

10. Air Recovery

Air Recovery Active Member

I did the menlo park intergrad.

3 of our class of 27 passed.

11. Air Recovery

Air Recovery Active Member

And our Navy SEALs are trained in San Diego so keep looking like a retard :)

12. Sudz

Sudz Active Member

Makes you wonder how many Integrad sessions the company has held where nobody passed.

13. walk the jewels

walk the jewels just driving around in circles

me: Check mirrors every 5 to 8 seconds.

Integrad Instructor: no

me: I'm pretty sure that's right....

Integrad Instructor: nope

me: ....check mirrors every 5 to 8 seconds....

Integrad Instructor: no
    It's 'use mirrors every 5 to 8 seconds'.
    Try again tomorrow.

14. Staydryitsraining

Staydryitsraining Well-Known Member

Yea your right dam neck doesn't exist.

15. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

B8DA639F-EAC0-4C61-B814-971FCD240F6D.gif

16. I have went to Lake Mary, Florida Integrad 2 times. I have been seasonal and each year had to go. Best thing to do is go to Wal-Mart, purchase cheap (Brahma) boots.

Go to to Ross, purchase good name brand, not Hanes or fruit of the loom white t shirt, long black socks and a good name brand brown or black belt to match your boots.

When you go, computor work it is keep busy work. You must finish but they just want to see how you can manage pressure more than anything. Click through it! You will learn that stuff on the road.

You must memorize your 5s and 10s and be able to recite them . . .No Joke!! That and your practical on driving is most important. Don't be late to anything! Don't Cheat!

Go to a barber shop and get a good shave and maintain it with an expensive razor.

Have your uniforms professional pressed and take the lines that arent supposed to be there out at the hotel.

Make sure the lines are in on the pants and arms. Also purchase a Kiwi shoe shine kit. Have your pants professionally hemmed before you go.

Good luck and be proud to earn your Teamster Driver certified training!!

Teamster drivers are the best drivers in the world and it is nice to be part of the fraternity!! Be safe!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2020 at 9:14 AM
  17. Hot Carl

Hot Carl Member

We have a guy in our center who was the only person in his entire class who passed.

Had a frustrated HR rep tell me point blank last week that Integrad is an enormous waste of money for the company, the company is well-aware of it, and they still send people there with the only explanation ever given being "but they have the best trainers down there."

~100 drivers in our center, almost none of them had to do this :censored2:, and we just went through yet another peak where we didn't have enough drivers with a retirement wave now on its way. How is any of this necessary?