Tom Jefferson

I went thru Menlo park Intergrad 3 years ago. Wear proper black/brown leather boots, polish them everyday nice clean ironed uniform, wear a belt, shave everyday, try to finish your 5 & 10's on first day or 2nd day. Pay attention driving, listen to instructors. , take it seriously. It"s all depends on your attitude that do you want to learn or play games. Good luck
thank you brother.

walk the jewels

just driving around in circles
me: Check mirrors every 5 to 8 seconds.

Integrad Instructor: no

me: I'm pretty sure that's right....

Integrad Instructor: nope

me: ....check mirrors every 5 to 8 seconds....

Integrad Instructor: no
It's 'use mirrors every 5 to 8 seconds'.
Try again tomorrow.

Aspiring Jenga Master

I have went to Lake Mary, Florida Integrad 2 times. I have been seasonal and each year had to go. Best thing to do is go to Wal-Mart, purchase cheap (Brahma) boots.

Go to to Ross, purchase good name brand, not Hanes or fruit of the loom white t shirt, long black socks and a good name brand brown or black belt to match your boots.

When you go, computor work it is keep busy work. You must finish but they just want to see how you can manage pressure more than anything. Click through it! You will learn that stuff on the road.

You must memorize your 5s and 10s and be able to recite them . . .No Joke!! That and your practical on driving is most important. Don't be late to anything! Don't Cheat!

Go to a barber shop and get a good shave and maintain it with an expensive razor.

Have your uniforms professional pressed and take the lines that arent supposed to be there out at the hotel.

Make sure the lines are in on the pants and arms. Also purchase a Kiwi shoe shine kit. Have your pants professionally hemmed before you go.

Good luck and be proud to earn your Teamster Driver certified training!!

Teamster drivers are the best drivers in the world and it is nice to be part of the fraternity!! Be safe!!

Last edited:

Hot Carl

I did the menlo park intergrad.

3 of our class of 27 passed.
We have a guy in our center who was the only person in his entire class who passed.

Had a frustrated HR rep tell me point blank last week that Integrad is an enormous waste of money for the company, the company is well-aware of it, and they still send people there with the only explanation ever given being "but they have the best trainers down there."

~100 drivers in our center, almost none of them had to do this :censored2:, and we just went through yet another peak where we didn't have enough drivers with a retirement wave now on its way. How is any of this necessary?

Quick question that I’m very curious about and if anybody can answer without getting rude would be greatly appreciated. I’ve worked in the hub as a package handler for 2 years on Twilight sort. Around mid-October 2019 I started my training to go drive after Integrad. It was a pretty easy job, wasn’t a day that went by that I was stressed besides the fact that our dispatcher probably didn’t know what he was doing. All the sups and my manager I guess liked my performance and kept telling me I was doing a good job. As soon as January 15th comes around I’m laid off ?? Why do I have to go back to my primary sort? They’ve been telling me I would be working as a driver everyday and i still need to qualify? How am I gonna qualify if im in the hub? Should I just throw in the towel and find a new job or just wait it out.

Quick question that I’m very curious about and if anybody can answer without getting rude would be greatly appreciated. I’ve worked in the hub as a package handler for 2 years on Twilight sort. Around mid-October 2019 I started my training to go drive after Integrad. It was a pretty easy job, wasn’t a day that went by that I was stressed besides the fact that our dispatcher probably didn’t know what he was doing. All the sups and my manager I guess liked my performance and kept telling me I was doing a good job. As soon as January 15th comes around I’m laid off ?? Why do I have to go back to my primary sort? They’ve been telling me I would be working as a driver everyday and i still need to qualify? How am I gonna qualify if im in the hub? Should I just throw in the towel and find a new job or just wait it out.
Sounds like they are using you as a cover driver

542thruNthru

The volume slows down considerably after peak. People are laid off or sent back to preload/twilight a lot through out the country. Just relax and wait for it to pick back up.

Think about how lucky you are you're still able to work PT. Some areas drivers are laid off and can't work at all until things pick back up.

Good luck

The volume slows down considerably after peak. People are laid off or sent back to preload/twilight a lot through out the country. Just relax and wait for it to pick back up.

Think about how lucky you are you're still able to work PT. Some areas drivers are laid off and can't work at all until things pick back up.

Good luck

yeah I saw like 5 of my twlight mates back in the hub working while I was still out there. I knew my time was coming

542thruNthru

Yeah that’s my title. They said they would be working me every day. I just went off what my supervisor told me. Would me signing the bid-sheet from part-time to full-time speed the process or no?

I'm guessing your in the western region?

Yes put your name on the PT-FT list if you want to be a FT driver.

Bubbabrown

Just have to wait your turn. I completed Intergrad training in Sept. Came back to my hub and immediately started into my 30 day packet to qualify. This I felt was more stressful than Intergrad. I was able to qualify and have driven every day since. I was also taken off the driver schedule this week and put back on local sort. Sucks, but I get it.

RTCD

As a PT Cover that’s exactly how it was for me. Hopefully you can run some air or pick up a route on heavy days. Steady work may not come until June.

If they’re saying you still need to qualify you may have to wait to run ground until they put you on a training route. Once you qualify (30 days) you might bump back inside again as well.

Tom Jefferson

I’m good. Just trying to help another possible brother in brown get some help.
I never had to go to any schooling for driving when I was hired 16 years ago. Otherwise I’d try and help.
Passed Menlo Park intergrad... it’s not impossible but it’s challenging. California is one of the more strict intergrad places. Almost got dq’d twice.

Scuderia

Passed Menlo Park intergrad... it’s not impossible but it’s challenging. California is one of the more strict intergrad places. Almost got dq’d twice.

I went there. On Friday my brain was fried and sleepy af. Thankfully the guy next to me had an extra Red Bull. Never drink that stuff but it saved me on that day.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
You thought you were going to be full time everyday on the road? Welcome to reality. You went to school to be a coverage driver for the next 5 years unless you get lucky. At least you make the same pay in the warehouse. Just remember, if you’re laid off more than once a week they have to provide you with 8 hours of work.