You thought you were going to be full time everyday on the road? Welcome to reality. You went to school to be a coverage driver for the next 5 years unless you get lucky. At least you make the same pay in the warehouse. Just remember, if you’re laid off more than once a week they have to provide you with 8 hours of work.

Dunno how they do it where you’re at but I’m not waiting 5 years to be full-time, and in the warehouse I’m not getting paid my cover rate I’m getting inside pay. 14 an hr

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Dunno how they do it where you’re at but I’m not waiting 5 years to be full-time, and in the warehouse I’m not getting paid my cover rate I’m getting inside pay. 14 an hr
you realize you get great benefits even as part time worker right? imagine having a part time job anywhere that gives you benefits as such. if you don't feel like waiting for a potential life changing career then leave and let someone else take your place who has dedication. depending on how big your center is, the more drivers mean more vacation times are taken and more route need to be filled in for the week. at our center a sheet is put up for the following weeks vacation bids. if yours does the same when you come back from intergrad and actually qualify in the driver training, then sign the list and cover routes. that's how you get hours and thats how you'll get your check. seniority plays a high part in this job; from becoming a driver from pt to bidding on a route for the year. yes preload sucks. get over it or quit.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
if you aren't getting your same pay rate as a driver then you're not a regular full time you're just a seasonal driver or a when needed. when needed driver depending on flow throughout the year usually start around the summer time. sometimes routes need to be created and you might work that day as a driver if needed. i don't know why you would just quit when you've already got your foot behind the wheel. pretty much the dumbest thing you can do. you'll work everyday during the holiday season. what i always tell seasonal driver is just save the money you make during the holiday season if you can.

BF035

Quick disclaimer: I can only speak for my experiences at Integrad with the hopes that it helps someone else about to go through the same training. I want to point out that all training is different in its own ways, different sites may do things differently and while I'm sure the curriculum is the same across the board, I don't want someone to take my word on something that turns out not to be true. Ex: When I said that all the trucks there were automatics I'm speaking about that location, I know other sites have trucks with manual transmissions so if you go to school and fail your road test because you can't drive stick dont come back here and blame me for it. The last thing you do at Integrad is take a survey that the instructors use to make changes to improve the next class so every week could be different at each location really.

Now, with that being said I went to Massachusetts for Integrad.

The road test was the hardest part for me personally. You drive around the town that the facility is in. My biggest struggles for the road test was messing up the driver drill with the 10 point commentary. I'm not even going to try and explain the two, it's something you have to see demonstrated to really understand it. Anyways, one thing that I messed up on was trying to say too much. If you're reading this and haven't been through the road test it won't mean anything to you but after you drive it the first time you'll understand it. Set an eye lead time and then clear it to that point. Rather than setting an eye lead time and trying to call out each driveway/billboard/hazard/ect. just simply state your eye lead time and say driveways/instersections right and left are clear to that point. This clears your mind/mouth to clear your curbs and mirrors, check your speed, following distance, ect. Some instructors may want you to call out each individual driveway/intersection/ect, or call them in groups maybe but you'll need to figure out what works best but the above is just what worked best for me. That's really all I can say about the road test, it's something that you need to see and do to understand and learn.

I know that other training centers use trucks with manual transmissions, I would say be comfortable with that I'm sure grinding a gear would cost you points on a road test.

The first day that we went out for a drive we just rode in the truck with an instructor who demonstrates the driver drill and 10 point commentary. Tuesday and Wednesday were practice days and Thursday was the test so you have a few chances to get it right before the test. After each time you go out for a practice drive the instructor recapped the trip and told us our score and what we needed to improve on. I kept a small notebook in my shirt pocket and wrote down everything he said to improve on.

Really I think the key to success at Integrad is just be able to follow directions to learn, and be able to take and use criticism. If you can learn from what they tell you to improve on you'll have no problems with the road test and the integration station when it comes to test out day.

Last September I went to Integrad in West Boylston, Mass. as well.. wasn’t too bad at all.

you realize you get great benefits even as part time worker right? imagine having a part time job anywhere that gives you benefits as such. if you don't feel like waiting for a potential life changing career then leave and let someone else take your place who has dedication. depending on how big your center is, the more drivers mean more vacation times are taken and more route need to be filled in for the week. at our center a sheet is put up for the following weeks vacation bids. if yours does the same when you come back from intergrad and actually qualify in the driver training, then sign the list and cover routes. that's how you get hours and thats how you'll get your check. seniority plays a high part in this job; from becoming a driver from pt to bidding on a route for the year. yes preload sucks. get over it or quit.

I’m aware of the benefits, I’ve been using them. I’m not in Preload, I’ve been working Twilight for 3 years, dunno how that’s not dedication when I’ve seen people come and go. They say I’m up next for full-time anyway so.. let’s see what happens.

Oh so you decide when the country opens? I ask because some integrad has been going on with limited class sizes. And some virtual. Plus I’m in the south so what’s really shut down anyway?

Almightyzvy

Hey guys so I officially signed new hire paperwork today & start training Monday. For 3 days I'll be in Brooklyn, 1 day at intergrad in Long Island & last day at my normal hub in Manhattan north.
any tips /suggestions for intergrad?How is the intergrad training in Long Island NY?
Also got hired in as a 22.4 driver in case your wondering.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Hey guys so I officially signed new hire paperwork today & start training Monday. For 3 days I'll be in Brooklyn, 1 day at intergrad in Long Island & last day at my normal hub in Manhattan north.
any tips /suggestions for intergrad?How is the intergrad training in Long Island NY?
You made it baby! Dont listen to these chumps. Theyre just jelous that theyre not delivering in NYC, the greatest city on earth, yeah!

CtrlAltDel

Study now your 5s and 10s. There are videos on YouTube to give you an idea of what to expect on integrad.

Brown Wing

Sandbagger
Virtual integral here. Chillin on a laptop at home in a zoom meeting with 32 others. Tomorrow(thursday) we'll go to our centers and be with an ORS.

11.19igrad

#1. remember to check in every morning with the person at the hotel before u get on the shuttle.
#2. PLEASE KNOW that the handbrake is apparently adjustable, you have to need 2-3 fingers to push it down and up for it to be tight enough. this is part of the pre-trip. Read my post on this.
#3. DRILL THIS ONE IN YOUR HEAD. On hills- especially, but always, double-check all your gears are correct, parking brake up and your front wheels are turned towards the curb. when you get in a hurry and frustrated and are ready to bolt a stop off, REMEMBER ME! IM FIRED RIGHT NOW. because I didn't know about adjusting the handbrake and wasn't against the curb because it was a tight col de sac, etc- (another story) but, park extra safe, walk it off, double-check the truck is in park and keep that handbrake tight. Honk extra. You can never honk enough. especially in apartments, people are home a lot now. Don't think cars are empty. Imagine some :censored2: is in them ready to back out without looking.
#4. get a tape gun, back up roll of duck tape. Use an electricians bag. backpacks will piss you off. always have change to buy ice in the heat. you will need 3-5 big cups of ice to pour gatorade on. alternate gatorade and water.
#5. save 2 months of bills right away. if something goes wrong, the union will usually get you back on, thats what im waiting on, but have a cushion for bills.
#6. always report any accident. its the worst feeling, but you have too.
#7. always constantly ask other drivers to show you things, don't expect management to help you remember all the methods. ask ask ask.
#8. when u see kids, go 5mph honk more. always check under truck especially when u see kids.

ill think of more stuff. its a big deal, a big undertaking. sorting your truck, setting up 15-20 stops, writing big numbers on anything on the floor. I'll type some more tomorrow.