Headed to Intergrad

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by HFolb23, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Hub Worker

Hub Worker New Member

Yeah that’s my title. They said they would be working me every day. I just went off what my supervisor told me. Would me signing the bid-sheet from part-time to full-time speed the process or no?

2. Hub Worker

Hub Worker New Member

yeah I saw like 5 of my twlight mates back in the hub working while I was still out there. I knew my time was coming

3. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

I'm guessing your in the western region?

Yes put your name on the PT-FT list if you want to be a FT driver.

4. Hub Worker

Hub Worker New Member

but that pay cut tho lol

5. Bubbabrown

Bubbabrown New Member

Just have to wait your turn. I completed Intergrad training in Sept. Came back to my hub and immediately started into my 30 day packet to qualify. This I felt was more stressful than Intergrad. I was able to qualify and have driven every day since. I was also taken off the driver schedule this week and put back on local sort. Sucks, but I get it.

6. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

You won't make FT before you're a Cover Driver. So don't worry about it because your time as a cover counts toward your progression.

7. RTCD

RTCD Member

As a PT Cover that’s exactly how it was for me. Hopefully you can run some air or pick up a route on heavy days. Steady work may not come until June.

If they’re saying you still need to qualify you may have to wait to run ground until they put you on a training route. Once you qualify (30 days) you might bump back inside again as well.

8. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

5160E8F3-5925-48BC-915A-F6C55B55FF12.gif

9. Tom Jefferson

Tom Jefferson Member

Passed Menlo Park intergrad... it’s not impossible but it’s challenging. California is one of the more strict intergrad places. Almost got dq’d twice.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Scuderia

Scuderia Member

I went there. On Friday my brain was fried and sleepy af. Thankfully the guy next to me had an extra Red Bull. Never drink that stuff but it saved me on that day.

11. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

forget to polish your shoes

12. 60lbBagofdogfood

60lbBagofdogfood New Member

You thought you were going to be full time everyday on the road? Welcome to reality. You went to school to be a coverage driver for the next 5 years unless you get lucky. At least you make the same pay in the warehouse. Just remember, if you’re laid off more than once a week they have to provide you with 8 hours of work.

13. 60lbBagofdogfood

60lbBagofdogfood New Member