ZeroHandicapper

Olympic Preload Gold Medalist
I’ve got the 5’s and started working on the 10’s. Doesn’t seem too bad considering they are just like the 5’s but more detailed. Drivers from my hub have been giving me the acronyms and number tricks to remember the 10’s so I feel pretty good about those. Someone from my hub went this week and said they weren’t all that strict with it and was done by Thursday at noon. I guess we’ll see
You will do fine then. I finished up the 5's today and I am good to go. Just got home, was a long week for sure. Not even wanting to go into full time driving, but was well worth it.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
a4e446b0a26164f5f85e95361c9a7870.jpg

Chest day you slackers...

To those who have done "virtual Integrad via Zoom meetings etc"
Did you recite the 5s and 10s via Zoom and once done, you're all set on them, or did you have to recite them in person to the supervisor or trainer when you started?

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Did you recite the 5s and 10s via Zoom and once done, you're all set on them, or did you have to recite them in person to the supervisor or trainer when you started?
Know them Word for Word. I'm no longer at UPS. I'm at Norfolk Southern. But I still remember the entire Depth of Knowledge Word for Word. If you're asking because you don't know the whole thing just study it and remember it because it'll save your ass on the job if you want to be here for the six-figure part…

ZeroHandicapper

You have to recite them to your supervisor who does your driving test. It is one of the last things you do. Know them WORD for WORD. I missed one word on my 5's the first day and was abruptly stopped and told to try tomorrow. I got my 10's down the first day and passed the 5's the second day. Once zoom is complete you will have a bunch of online training videos and tests on Thursday and Friday at your center.

MNupsguy

I'm actually having virtual training for three days starting on Monday. HR is telling me that I will then spend two days in a truck. Does anyone know what all that entails? Additionally, I'm trying to get my 5s and 10s memorized. How do they work...do you just stand in front of the instructor and recite both the 5s and 10s word for word? And is there a tolerance for getting things wrong like the road test? Or just one word error and you are done? Also, does anyone have the newest 5s and 10s? I was told they changed recently and my HR has not sent them to me yet.

Last edited:

ZeroHandicapper

I'm actually having virtual training for three days starting on Monday. HR is telling me that I will then spend two days in a truck. Does anyone know what all that entails? Additionally, I'm trying to get my 5s and 10s memorized. How do they work...do you just stand in front of the instructor and recite both the 5s and 10s word for word? And is there a tolerance for getting things wrong like the road test? Or just one word error and you are done? Also, does anyone have the newest 5s and 10s? I was told they changed recently and my HR has not sent them to me yet.
WORD FOR WORD on the 5's. 10's know the Title and the Why, word for word. Then give a summary of it all. Please see my above post for the last two days and who you will recite them to.

Attachments

• 5SeeingHabitsTestoutdoc03182020.pdf
    78.1 KB · Views: 364
  • DSPTenPointCommentarytestoutDoc03182020.pdf
    86.1 KB · Views: 290

Tortuga

I AM THE MiLKMAN
I did them in person with one of my instructors. I passed my 5s on the 2nd day and the 10s on the 4th day lol. The instructor helped me a lot of the 10s, he told me “I didn’t have to do this :censored2: when I got hired. Just as long as you know what each paragraph is about You’re good.” It honestly just depends on the instructor.

Was supposed to be starting my zoom training this week. 3 days on zoom and then go to Franklin Park for a road test. HR texted me last minute telling me I wasn't eligible because of a ticket I got last year December 28.... I already knew this, then they called me a couple weeks ago saying we could work around it. Had me take a road test and DOT physical then bailed on me lol

Oh well... they told me to come back in January and that they won't fill all of their driver needs before peak this year, so hopefully something is available early next year

ZeroHandicapper

Was supposed to be starting my zoom training this week. 3 days on zoom and then go to Franklin Park for a road test. HR texted me last minute telling me I wasn't eligible because of a ticket I got last year December 28.... I already knew this, then they called me a couple weeks ago saying we could work around it. Had me take a road test and DOT physical then bailed on me lol

Oh well... they told me to come back in January and that they won't fill all of their driver needs before peak this year, so hopefully something is available early next year
Bummer man. Did you disclose this to them while filling out your application? He was letting you down easy and has no interest in calling you back. They are filling seasonal drivers for peak and have been doing so for several weeks. Why would they not fill their driving needs before peak? I hope you saw through his BS and hopefully you do not wait around on a phone call. Try again next peak or get on preload

Bummer man. Did you disclose this to them while filling out your application? He was letting you down easy and has no interest in calling you back. They are filling seasonal drivers for peak and have been doing so for several weeks. Why would they not fill their driving needs before peak? I hope you saw through his BS and hopefully you do not wait around on a phone call. Try again next peak or get on preload
I work twilight shift in the hub currently. I applied for a permanent position before they started hiring seasonal, and when I told them about the ticket they told me come back in January. Next week they called me and said we could work around the ticket and I could drive seasonal, then told me I'm actually not eligible a day before training.

I was told they had been trying to hire permanent drivers months before they started seasonal, and that they weren't able to meet their needs and may be positions available early next year, not that they would save me a job haha. Ill find out next year, and I won't be waiting around for a call, I'll drop by HR as soon as I'm eligible. They issued me a uniform and told me to hang onto it... so that may be a good sign?

ZeroHandicapper

I work twilight shift in the hub currently. I applied for a permanent position before they started hiring seasonal, and when I told them about the ticket they told me come back in January. Next week they called me and said we could work around the ticket and I could drive seasonal, then told me I'm actually not eligible a day before training.

I was told they had been trying to hire permanent drivers months before they started seasonal, and that they weren't able to meet their needs and may be positions available early next year, not that they would save me a job haha. Ill find out next year, and I won't be waiting around for a call, I'll drop by HR as soon as I'm eligible. They issued me a uniform and told me to hang onto it... so that may be a good sign?
Yeah man that sucks. I do not think they can work around a ticket. Some seniority drivers here might be able to let you know if they have ever seen that happen. We had two drivers in our center miss out this year for speeding tickets. One guy who just passed his 30 had to wait a year for a seatbelt ticket. I am pretty sure they cannot go around them. You are in the door already, I am sure they will take care of you down the road.