Nah
:censored2:. Well then I guess I have a long night ahead of me. You have to recite the language under each number entirely?

Well if they sent you what you posted I wouldn't worry about it. That's just what I had to go through.

We only needed the bold part word for word. The non bold you can explain/summarize in your own words.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Well if they sent you what you posted I wouldn't worry about it. That's just what I had to go through.

We only needed the bold part word for word. The non bold you can explain/summarize in your own words.
Outstanding. They haven’t sent me anything, HR still going over my background report which is about 35 pages long LOL

MisplacedRailWorker

Got the job, but Norfolk Southern just called and offered me my job back as well. Should I bother with the 22.4? Is this just a seasonal gimmick? Norfolk Southern is at Max 6 months at a time with the furloughs, but I'd rather be seasonal there than UPS...

MisplacedRailWorker

Thanks man this helps alot. Do you have any advice for intersections in terms of quick phrases I could use as I approach/go through them. It seems every time i try to go on a dry run, I always end up getting toung tied as i try to explain too much
* "Eye lead time is 8-10secs"
* "Green light is stale, preparing to decelerate/light just turned green, scanning intersection LRL mirrors"
* "Checking my mirrors every 5-8 secs"
* "I scan, not stare"
* "Gear selected is appropriate to proceed through intersection; as we do not shift gears at intersections or RR crossings"
* "Transmission engaged at all times while moving"
* "Reducing speed and scanning parked cars for signs of life- making sure they see me w/horn continuously sounding"

How did it go?

I was just hired as a 22.4 driver from preload and will be doing training the first week of October. I’m wondering if anyone has any experience with the virtual training? Obviously 5s and 10s need to be known but as far as the driving portion does anyone know how that works?

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
I was just hired as a 22.4 driver from preload and will be doing training the first week of October. I’m wondering if anyone has any experience with the virtual training? Obviously 5s and 10s need to be known but as far as the driving portion does anyone know how that works?
Yes I have experience with the virtual training. Yes I know how it works.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
They will have a practice course that can be annoying because it's all painted lines and you have to follow some kind of scenerio exactly as described.
And a quick route to do your 5s 10s, intersections and driver drill which can be annoying just because they want you to talk like crazy.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
If someone doesn't get straight As in virtual school you are a maroon.

tumblr_mjqmzbQlxK1rd0ld6o3_r1_400.gifv

Yes I have experience with the virtual training. Yes I know how it works.

Care to share your experience or is that all ya got?

They will have a practice course that can be annoying because it's all painted lines and you have to follow some kind of scenerio exactly as described.
And a quick route to do your 5s 10s, intersections and driver drill which can be annoying just because they want you to talk like crazy.

Even with the virtual? I guess I’d do this locally or at my building?

What information was provided by your hiring team?

Just that they would contact me with an official date within the next week or so and that it would likely be virtual. Asked around and none of the drivers or managers seem to know anything about it

Do you have to get 100% or something? I would say just focus on your 30 days. And ask around on how to use the board.

They literally have no info to give me. Seems about right based on how helpful management generally is. I’m not too worried about it so I guess I’ll just see what happens and focus on qualifying when the time comes

ZeroHandicapper

Olympic Preload Gold Medalist
Just that they would contact me with an official date within the next week or so and that it would likely be virtual. Asked around and none of the drivers or managers seem to know anything about it

They literally have no info to give me. Seems about right based on how helpful management generally is. I’m not too worried about it so I guess I’ll just see what happens and focus on qualifying when the time comes

Just got my email today. Not sure we are in the same region, but class starts on Monday at 8AM and we have to have the uniform on (no joke). Online classes via Zoom will be for 3 days and then out for the last two days with the driver sup.

Last edited:
Just got my email today. Not sure we are in the same region, but class starts on Monday at 8AM and we have to have the uniform on (no joke). Online classes via Zoom will be for 3 days and then out for the last two days with the driver sup.
I’m going Monday from what they’ve been telling me but my uniforms haven’t come in and they want us to be dressed from head to toe... so I guess we’ll see what happens
How was it??

ZeroHandicapper

Olympic Preload Gold Medalist
I’m going Monday from what they’ve been telling me but my uniforms haven’t come in and they want us to be dressed from head to toe... so I guess we’ll see what happens
How was it??
It is no joke and alot of information to digest. As far as uniform goes, you have to have it on and they do daily inspection for those who have them. Many people did not have theirs yet, so do not be concerned about that. I think a few people got them because the instructors actually made some phone calls to push people along. It is alot to digest, but do not get overwhelmed. Know your 5's and 10's, that is the main thing. I passed my 10's yesterday, but failed my 5's by missing "Safe path on turns" and I said "Safe path and turns". Retaking it today. Once you realize it all fits together the 5's and 10's, it will click". I have been working preload for almost a year and have been running AM air for almost a month, so I have plenty of DIAD experience which is helpful. If you are in a center, see if you can go out with a driver one day to learn it. It will help you in class and while testing. Overall a good experience, but again, a ton of information. I have my own business and ship about 200 packages each week for the last 14 years and have used everyone, UPS, Fedex, and USPS. You will realize why UPS is a held to a higher standard. You will do fine. Just get the 5's and 10's down. I have no interest in becoming a full time driver, just seasonal, and Air as I only want part time, but work hard and learn it because its a good paying gig. For those 4-5 days, shut everyone and everything out of your life if possible. It will pay off in the long run.

It is no joke and alot of information to digest. As far as uniform goes, you have to have it on and they do daily inspection for those who have them. Many people did not have theirs yet, so do not be concerned about that. I think a few people got them because the instructors actually made some phone calls to push people along. It is alot to digest, but do not get overwhelmed. Know your 5's and 10's, that is the main thing. I passed my 10's yesterday, but failed my 5's by missing "Safe path on turns" and I said "Safe path and turns". Retaking it today. Once you realize it all fits together the 5's and 10's, it will click". I have been working preload for almost a year and have been running AM air for almost a month, so I have plenty of DIAD experience which is helpful. If you are in a center, see if you can go out with a driver one day to learn it. It will help you in class and while testing. Overall a good experience, but again, a ton of information. I have my own business and ship about 200 packages each week for the last 14 years and have used everyone, UPS, Fedex, and USPS. You will realize why UPS is a held to a higher standard. You will do fine. Just get the 5's and 10's down. I have no interest in becoming a full time driver, just seasonal, and Air as I only want part time, but work hard and learn it because its a good paying gig. For those 4-5 days, shut everyone and everything out of your life if possible. It will pay off in the long run.
I’ve got the 5’s and started working on the 10’s. Doesn’t seem too bad considering they are just like the 5’s but more detailed. Drivers from my hub have been giving me the acronyms and number tricks to remember the 10’s so I feel pretty good about those. Someone from my hub went this week and said they weren’t all that strict with it and was done by Thursday at noon. I guess we’ll see