UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So your helper delivers CODs, hazmat, alcohol, makes pick ups? Does your helper use their board on their own or do you input everything in it yourself?

CODs have to go in to the driver's board so if need be we just swap boards for that stop.

Hazmats and alcohol would not be a problem.

The helper uses his board on his own.

Indecisi0n

It's that time of year again when the Union disappears and management gets to run wild. Those who have Saturday ground operations will know what I am talking about. I don't need any snarky remarks, save them please. I have a few simple questions.

1) Where in the contract does it state that we are forced to work 6 punches if we do not want the OT

2) Where in the contract does it state that after working 60 hours we are required to report to work as a helper?

The 60 Hours and then becoming a helper thing is absolute BS, I can see where the forced sixth punch can be debatable, but neither of these stipulations are in any section or article of our contract, yet we were forced 6 punches and over 60 hours last year, and have been told it will be the same this year.

So asking for some advice.
Why don't you pull out that contract that was negotiated from this so called ghost union and learn something. You make up the union and every member who doesn't know his/her rights is a weak link in the chain. So educate yourself weak link and maybe maangement will take you seriously one day.

542thruNthru

Because he is trained to do so by whom?
ZomboMeme 21112017185411.jpg

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

On Wednesday my center manager said we will do whatever it takes for covers not to have a six day punch, worked on Saturday, 55 hours for the week. Worked yesterday. Only one day off.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Drivers as jumpers, is perhaps the least productive solution to a problem I have heard on here.
My guess is they would take some utility or seasonal driver who doesn't know the route at all and have him drive. The driver is just there to basically give directions on where to go and how to runt he route?