Coldworld

60 months and counting
Wut?

I made a simple observation. Even in the rural area I'm from most kids don't look forward to get their drivers license like they did even 10 years ago. It's just not a big deal anymore.
These kids I see in Uber's are ALWAYS on their phones or laptops....they are obsessed with technology... worse than ups!!!

That's the new and improved gumby 6900 version 1.0...it needs some work as you can see!!
Ct2fBe0rc69nq.gif

jaker

trolling
Everyone panics when they hear about this kind of thing. It wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. Sure, it would get rid of all the sh**y package delivery jobs, but they're sh**y jobs. It would instead create all kinds of new and better robotic tech jobs; skilled jobs that would pay better, be less physically demanding, and likely have much better hours. I would be more than ready to adapt if the time came.
All while making minimum wage because everybody is doing it

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Will UPS make pension contributions to Sanford and Son retirement junkyard on behalf of the driverless trucks?
giphy.gif
Me too. Will they slow down in inclement weather? What happens when all the sensors get covered with snow? Actually, I can answer the second question: THEY STOP WORKING. That's when UPS will call in it's army of part time seasonal feeder drivers...
"Ovah, there's a blizzard. We need you to come in to cover the robot..."
You think there aren't ways around that?

The every car on the road will be communicating with each other and eventually the painted lines will have seniors in them also. The street lights the stops lights everything will be connected.

Painted lines with sensors. That sounds so expensive. Replacing 1 traffic light cost $10,00.00. Even you're billionaire tech CEO couldn't afford that

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Painted lines with sensors. That sounds so expensive. Replacing 1 traffic light cost $10,00.00. Even you're billionaire tech CEO couldn't afford that
We are talking billions of tiny microchips at pennies each. Sure it's awhile into the future but not as far as many thing. My daughter just turned 1. I'll be shocked if she ever drives a vehicle. Makes me kind of sad honestly.