Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
I’m still in my qualifying period. I’ve got the diad down, the stop car routine and all that down pretty well. My area and route knowledge is not too bad. The only thing bothering me is my damn knees. I always thought that when i got this opportunity, that i would run with it for 25 years and 4 weeks in and i can’t walk with my daughter in my arms. I have enough seniority to go back in the building and go feeders which i know isn’t exactly a walk in the park either. Am I insane to give this up?

My knees were bothering me too when I was qualifying, I would lay in bed after 2 days of driving and my right knee would just be throbbing. I hoped that my knees were just getting used to the job but that and along with management style is what led me to quitting.

Try some joint supplements and throw in some fish oil. I take a glucosamine complex by universal nutrition it really helped me out.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I'm not even that old and have been doing this a few years and my body's already starting to feel it. Spine gets stiff and sore, knees don't feel as strong anymore and the tendons felt like they were on fire by the end of last week. Hardly a runner as they're always bitching about my 1-2 hours over but I guess they think since I'm young I should be able to tear it up. That and this place's antics have really gotten under my skin in the past year. Don't think I'm gonna make it here as long as I originally planned.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
I'm not even that old and have been doing this a few years and my body's already starting to feel it. Spine gets stiff and sore, knees don't feel as strong anymore and the tendons felt like they were on fire by the end of last week. Hardly a runner as they're always bitching about my 1-2 hours over but I guess they think since I'm young I should be able to tear it up. That and this place's antics have really gotten under my skin in the past year. Don't think I'm gonna make it here as long as I originally planned.

Fish oil kills my tendinitis.

Also helps to abstain from any alcohol use.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Fish oil kills my tendinitis.

Also helps to abstain from any alcohol use.
Water and milk is pretty much all I drink anymore. Have only had maybe two or three alcoholic drinks in over five years. The only thing I worry about with something like using fish oil is that relieving the pain might make it take too long to realize what damage is actually being done.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
My knees were bothering me too when I was qualifying, I would lay in bed after 2 days of driving and my right knee would just be throbbing. I hoped that my knees were just getting used to the job but that and along with management style is what led me to quitting.

Try some joint supplements and throw in some fish oil. I take a glucosamine complex by universal nutrition it really helped me out.

What up D Randall

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Water and milk is pretty much all I drink anymore. Have only had maybe two or three alcoholic drinks in over five years. The only thing I worry about with something like using fish oil is that relieving the pain might make it take too long to realize what damage is actually being done.

Nah man it doesn't cover up the damage it prevents the damage. Tendinitis is from little tears in your tendons from being over used and fish oil just really helps the tendons in your body slide over your joints smoothly.

Same thing with glucosamine except glucosamine attracts water to your cartilage which are basically sponges and it slows the damage you to do your joints.

It's not like a mobic or ibuprofen.

Indecisi0n

I am going to burst a lot of bubbles here but fish oil doesn't do anything for most people. The dosage needed to see a possible change in human joints is so high no normal person could consume it daily.

Only thing you can do for joints is to eat healthy and exercise. Even if discomfort is felt while exercises it's still needed.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I am going to burst a lot of bubbles here but fish oil doesn't do anything for most people. The dosage needed to see a possible change in human joints is so high no normal person could consume it daily.

Only thing you can do for joints is to eat healthy and exercise. Even if discomfort is felt while exercises it's still needed.

You ever try it analy?

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads

Well some people also smoke weed and say it doesn't do anything for them...

Everyone is different.

Areyoukiddinme

best 2 weeks ever
Qualify for package first then when the feeder list gets posted sign up. Your going to bounce back and forth between jobs for awhile so be prepared.

35years

Gravy route
For most it's a placebo effect but I guess if they "feel better" it is helping.
I did not know it was supposed to help with joints...
My kid had a concussion and the doc said to take them.
There was a huge bottle of left over of high EPA & DPA Omega 3 pills so I was using them up.
Bottle recommends 4 tablets twice daily (8) , I only take 3 daily.

I can no longer feel any discomfort in my knees.
I kneel in church on Sunday with no discomfort (impossible before).

If it is a placebo effect it is a strange one because I had had no idea it was touted for joint pain when I started taking them, and noticed the difference.

I have never taken supplements prior to this and have always been a septic, but the pain in my knees was real, and now it is gone. I think it is possible the effect may be different for different people.