zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I would at least try to get checked out by a doctor before making that decision. I've had back, knee, shoulder, and foot pain and soreness. I feel that some of it could have been prevented by having the right shoes, and replacing them more often. Some of it was a matter of conditioning. I powered through all of it, and now I only have some occasional tendonitis in my foot, which is slowly getting better.

IESucks

I’m still in my qualifying period. I’ve got the diad down, the stop car routine and all that down pretty well. My area and route knowledge is not too bad. The only thing bothering me is my damn knees. I always thought that when i got this opportunity, that i would run with it for 25 years and 4 weeks in and i can’t walk with my daughter in my arms. I have enough seniority to go back in the building and go feeders which i know isn’t exactly a walk in the park either. Am I insane to give this up?
Give it up. After 35 years of PC driving I go to sleep each nite lathered in bio freeze on shoulders, elbows, knees,back and hands. Do what I should have done, feeders.

Bratty Brown

We Want Beer
Born with :censored2:ty knees I guess
Go see a few doctors and try some physical therapy. I had a bum knee early in my package career, I even had a surgeon who wanted to scope the knee to see what the problem was BUT he suggested physical therapy first. Some of us have sloppy/loose knees that benefit greatly from very specific exercises and good habits. Try that first please. I never did have the surgery and while I did make the move to feeder, I got 20 years in package with no more knee problems.

Ms.PacMan

Isn’t that only if I’m a full time package driver? I’m saying, go back into the hub and go for feeders instead..
I think you have to be full time already to get into feeders. You might be able to get on the feeder qualified list as a part timer but you still wouldn't win a permanent bid.

Your joints should quit hurting when your muscles bulk up around them and can support the extra weight you're carrying around all day. I never had problems with my knees but my ankles, wrists and shoulders hurt really bad the first year.

Why don't you post this question in the Ask a Feeder thread.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
I’m sure it’s my knees because I’ve always had issues even when I was a kid. Born with :censored2:ty knees I guess, I don’t know.
Give it some time. Your body will eventually adjust. There is always a tipping point. But I don’t know your age so obviously that matters if your older

Dr.Brownz

When I was going through my first 30 my knees were bothering me for a while. Just stretch that quad muscle everyday and take UPS vitamins aka Ibuprofen.
Yeah me to except now I do a third as many stops a day and the problems have cleared right up!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
when i first started with the 2 ft step, i started using zostrix. my knees were killing me. Follow the methods of handrail and that will help. But its hard on your elbows and shoulder if you pull yourself. Dont jump out of the car, step down. I got used to it til the last yr of driving I was wearing salon pas, therma care etc. But 11 months gone they are fine. Dont try to be a gunner and take care of your body.