Are Unions ethical?

• Total voters

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So...there's a drunk on the preload.

Wreaks of alcohol.
Carries a flask.
Has a hard time seeing package labels.
Nearly runs over employees in the parking lot while coming into work.
Boasts about his alcoholism.
Admits to being under the influence of alcohol and cannabis while on the clock. etc.

Management wants him gone, however the union steward is threatening reprisal via grievance against management's actions if they fire the belligerant drunk.

I've already let HR know and they became defensive the moment I mentioned the steward defending the drunk. The HR rep implied I was a conspiracy theorist (I go from calm to enraged like a 3000hp dragster when called that) for even mentioning that the steward is defending the drunk from being fired.

What gives? The drunk at work poses a danger to the workers. He's been arguing with several preloaders. Not one preloader has anything good to say about him. The preload general consensus is they want him gone. Management wants him gone.

The only reason why he's allowed to continue working while drunk is because he's a gang member (union member) and the steward has been very intimidating via raising his voice and threatening grievances if management does their job of employment termination like they're supposed to.

If you’re looking for advice
Here’s some
Mind your own business

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
i dont think they can really do anything until the guy screws up on the job, they cant say you have to go take a test without nothing happening. But if you think he is drunk and you see him driving out of the parking lot 1 800 grab dui works wonders

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You're joking, right?

He used to trash talk about the drunk all the time. Now that the belligerent drunk is a gang member, the steward pretends he sees nothing wrong at all with the other guy acting the way he does...

Mind you, the other union members including drivers want the union steward removed from his position as well. Who really knows why he's still the steward.

Maybe it's "union tactics as usual" but that's me just being a crazy conspiracy theorist
You're joking, right?

He used to trash talk about the drunk all the time. Now that the belligerent drunk is a gang member, the steward pretends he sees nothing wrong at all with the other guy acting the way he does...

Mind you, the other union members including drivers want the union steward removed from his position as well. Who really knows why he's still the steward.

Maybe it's "union tactics as usual" but that's me just being a crazy conspiracy theorist

So, if Ol boy is a “gang” member doesnt that make you a scab?

542thruNthru

So...there's a drunk on the preload.

Wreaks of alcohol.
Carries a flask.
Has a hard time seeing package labels.
Nearly runs over employees in the parking lot while coming into work.
Boasts about his alcoholism.
Admits to being under the influence of alcohol and cannabis while on the clock. etc.

Management wants him gone, however the union steward is threatening reprisal via grievance against management's actions if they fire the belligerant drunk.

I've already let HR know and they became defensive the moment I mentioned the steward defending the drunk. The HR rep implied I was a conspiracy theorist (I go from calm to enraged like a 3000hp dragster when called that) for even mentioning that the steward is defending the drunk from being fired.

What gives? The drunk at work poses a danger to the workers. He's been arguing with several preloaders. Not one preloader has anything good to say about him. The preload general consensus is they want him gone. Management wants him gone.

The only reason why he's allowed to continue working while drunk is because he's a gang member (union member) and the steward has been very intimidating via raising his voice and threatening grievances if management does their job of employment termination like they're supposed to.

Come on Dave. Stop making new screen names and making up stories to get everyone riled up.

Proud To Be A Scab

Commie Unionists are Traitors
Then Stewart should be stepping up and get that guy to rehab STAT

is he a long time union dues member?

The drunk has only been on preload for 5 months. In the past he's been a driver helper. From what the other drivers say, Mr. Drunk is also a horrible driver helper and displays similar behavior and odor as well.

Box Ox

I'd think that if this guy were a real problem management would have no issues with grievances from the steward over the issue.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
But if you think he is drunk and you see him driving out of the parking lot 1 800 grab dui works wonders
This... that guy needs a wake-up call from the police department.

Find your local police department#, not 911. Give the year, make, model of the vehicle & let them come in before the shift or after to grab him before he gets behind the wheel

over9five

Staff member
I'd think that if this guy were a real problem management would have no issues with grievances from the steward over the issue.
Agreed. HR, management, has just assumed a TON of liability if this guys story is true. Imagine if he does run someone over after his drunkedness has been reported.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
This... that guy needs a wake-up call from the police department.

Find your local police department#, not 911. Give the year, make, model of the vehicle & let them come in before the shift or after to grab him before he gets behind the wheel

395522AE-9E12-4474-B357-130118A7D895.gif

PT Car Washer

Agreed. HR, management, has just assumed a TON of liability if this guys story is true. Imagine if he does run someone over after his drunkedness has been reported.
There is no way management would allow a person like this to continue working if half of the OPs story is true. I have heard of several Union members in my building walked out for being under the influence. Too much of a safety liability for themselves and the employees around them.