Steward protecting drunk

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Molon Labe Forever, Jan 4, 2020.

?

Are Unions ethical?

1. Yes, initiating violence is how we roll

35.5%
  2. Yes, blackmailing managment is okay

45.2%
  3. No, violating the non aggression principle is never acceptable

19.4%
  1. Sudz

Sudz Active Member

I have also seen this. I definitely feel like my safety is in greater jeopardy when I'm working around drunks than potheads, but they're harder on the people with the weed because of an antiquated stigma.

No matter. Since I'm not a scab, I can invoke Article 18 of the NMA and refuse to work near the drunks. I guess there are benefits to being in a "gang."

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  2. plsdeez

plsdeez New Member

tl;dr scab

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Just A UPS Guy

Just A UPS Guy Active Member

Liar

4. Proud To Be A Scab

Proud To Be A Scab Commie Unionists are Traitors

Oh really? LoL! Surely you've never heard of union intimidation tactics, or union violence?

5. Proud To Be A Scab

The moment I mentioned all of this to the head HR rep of the state, he immediately defended the steward and implied I'm crazy. Regardless that others have also called in and complained of the very same situation. The others that have also made complaints and, happen to be union members, also tell me that the HR rep seems intimidated or hesitant to do anything about the belligerent drunk or the steward.

Clearly you've no idea what dangers the union poses in the workplace with their history of intimidation tactics and violence either.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  6. OrioN

OrioN double tap o da horn dooshbag

Just do this on Monday... wait, it's only for Ohio?

911 it is then or find that local police department#

I can't believe that Stewart didn't take any action after your fellow team members are reporting him for the past few months already

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  7. Redtag

Redtag Part on order, ok to drive

I would rather work with the drunk than a scab. Punch in, do you your job and go home and stop worrying about :censored2: that is not your job, such as who is drunk.

If you are unable to do that and hate the union so much you are free to leave, there are union free options such as fedex and amazon.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. cachmeifucan

cachmeifucan Well-Known Member

I got a feeling ethnicity may have a roll in this equation. What ethnicity is the drunk. Then ask yourself what is the racial makeup of the building you work. The union thug is doing a good job. Hopefully he fights that hard for everyone. The op sounds like a supervisor who cares but doesn't realize nobody else cares if he a little tipsy. In cach a suburb of Chicago many employees come in drunk and high management and hourly. Every week you see empty beer cans and cigar wrappings in the parking lot. I think you should just drop it before they all turn on you. How long have you worked at ups

9. Whither

Whither Scofflaw

Fixed it for you.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Redtag

Redtag Part on order, ok to drive

Judging by your choice of username and avatar on here, I am sure you came off as totally reasonable. Lol probably put in your file that your a extreme right wing nut bag conspiracy theorist that’s a possible active shooter threat. Soon your management buddies will be walking you out the gate

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. Whither

Whither Scofflaw

I respectfully beg to differ. In theory you exchange the actual fruits of your labor for a wage, but given how rampant wage theft is, and how commonly one's hard work earns one very little, it seems more accurate to note the similarities between capitalist and so-called communist societies -- in both cases the lion's share of the wealth (the fruits of production) is commandeered by the few, with ample help from the government ...

12. OrioN

Red, the OP changed the user name as the discussion went on...

Don't be a scab in a union shop!

But if one's safety and other union members are also affected by this one Bad Apple, go report him outside of the failed union/management process

Another BC member had similar experience, he wasn't a rat, but it eventually resolved itself. Just read a few posts above on this thread...

Yet another BC member had a drunken package delivery driver in his center as well...

Fired!!!!

13. Proud To Be A Scab

Because I have more pride in my job than the commies...

Better dead than Red!

14. Proud To Be A Scab

Others have asked this question in the past.

Surprisingly, the belligerent drunk happens to be white. The racial makeup of my hub is 95%+ white as well.

I'm not a supervisor, however I've been asked to be but won't because of the social and management dynamic of this hub.

15. Proud To Be A Scab

Actually, what you described is what management thinks about both the steward and the drunk.

16. OrioN

Ok OP, u got an idea that every center in the nation is different. I'm sorry u have weak leadership in yours....

Come Monday, if that dooshbag drunken worker smells like a liquor store, u know what to do.

PS, u better not be a friggin troll

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  17. Kidlogic

Kidlogic New Member

What do you mean "Surprisingly, the belligerent drunk happens to be white" ? I think that white hood your wearing has shut off the oxygen to your brain.

18. OrioN

Race got nothing to do with this... it's a safety situation!

I gotta look this up, that's a good point for suds to use against drunken co workers

19. Proud To Be A Scab

Nope not a troll at all. Just a concerned employee who's absolutely tired of seeing my hub's fellow employees, union and scabs alike, have to work like this.

Both the steward and the drunk need to be shown the door

20. Proud To Be A Scab

Yeah it is surprising that the white drunk is still here. Had he been a native he would have been canned.