United health insurance outlaws private insurance

cachmeifucan

You’re not very good at math, huh? Take away the need for companies to pay for healthcare and how much more do you think the union could negotiate for you in wages? Medicare has far lower overhead than private insurance and doesn’t need to make a profit.
If you really believe they will actually pass that on to us you are truly a fool. The amount we would have to pay for healthcare that's comparable will be way more than the raise after 30% taxes. Daf

cachmeifucan

Yes I did watch it and if you did as well and were paying attention you would have heard that the proposed public option would be added to the insurance exchanges along with all other private carriers both for profit and nonprofit that choose to list their proposals on the exchange as well. Once again the key word is OPTION. If you don't want to choose the public option you don't have to. If a private insurer has a plan that better suits your needs you can choose that instead. Not hard to understand . Nothing to be afraid of.
Yes and they said that was just a transition to the single payer plan eventually.

cachmeifucan

Yes the federal tax cut I went from 25% to 22%. But since I live in illinois my taxes go up monthly. On the way out of the building I ask the security guard if taxes went up while I was at work. I think jb pritzker just raised like 17 or 19 taxes this year alone.

cachmeifucan

Registration for car went from 101 to 150.
States gas tax double from .19 to.38 cents per gallon.
And because electric Cars don't use enough gas I think it's a 1000 per year. It defeats the purpose of buying a electric car to save on gas.

bacha29

Yes and they said that was just a transition to the single payer plan eventually.
Big insurance and big pharma will simply have to get more competitive . Their administrative costs are too high and their stockholders demand for profits will make the task much harder. But if you want to help them out and buy their insurance products nobody's stopping you.

BrownArmy

You mean like the tax-cuts?

Lulz
Yes the federal tax cut I went from 25% to 22%. But since I live in illinois my taxes go up monthly. On the way out of the building I ask the security guard if taxes went up while I was at work. I think jb pritzker just raised like 17 or 19 taxes this year alone.

I just meant, if you think we’re fools to think that companies would pass healthcare savings onto their employees, why did you think we were fools to think companies wouldn’t pass on their tax windfall to their employees?

Unless you didn’t, I can’t remember if you supported the Trump Tax-cut or not

cachmeifucan

I just meant, if you think we’re fools to think that companies would pass healthcare savings onto their employees, why did you think we were fools to think companies wouldn’t pass on their tax windfall to their employees?

Unless you didn’t, I can’t remember if you supported the Trump Tax-cut or not
Yes I support cutting taxes. Even though I think maybe 20% federal tax rate would be better. It wasn't perfect but it will keep jobs here and bring more corporations because more competitive rate. I pay 28%income tax and 10.25 sales tax. So that's close to 40% tax on money I spend. Democrats only raise taxes to mismanage more money

bacha29

Yes I support cutting taxes. Even though I think maybe 20% federal tax rate would be better. It wasn't perfect but it will keep jobs here and bring more corporations because more competitive rate. I pay 28%income tax and 10.25 sales tax. So that's close to 40% tax on money I spend. Democrats only raise taxes to mismanage more money
Cut taxes at the federal level the revenue shortfall as it applies to mandated programs will almost always get passed down to the state and local level. There was once had a governor in a nearby state who cut spending at the state level including state support for public education which in turn was handed back down to the county and local levels which required huge tax increases at those levels. To the surprise of no one he was the state's first incumbent governor who failed to gain reelection in the state's entire history receiving far less than 40% of the vote.

floridays

The thing is, plenty of illegal immigrants are normal working people, paying taxes, stimulating the economy, etc. To demand citizenship papers before receiving health care defeats the purpose of universal coverage. The general populace is not well served having an underclass of sick people spreading disease due to lack of access to care. We will care for these people regardless of their status when the show up in ERs, we’re all better off when care can be provided before that’s necessary. Immigration needs reform, but that’s going to take a lot more than a wall on the border.
Correct, and that what is summed up in two words, "Adios Amigo," to all illegals and any anchors holding them in place.
Duel citizenship can be enjoyed from the minor children's parents homeland.

Hasta la vista

floridays

Very insightful.
Not to further irritate you, but consider other taxes and fees that are added on many other government regulated services by the provider of these services.

floridays

Cut taxes at the federal level the revenue shortfall as it applies to mandated programs will almost always get passed down to the state and local level. There was once had a governor in a nearby state who cut spending at the state level including state support for public education which in turn was handed back down to the county and local levels which required huge tax increases at those levels. To the surprise of no one he was the state's first incumbent governor who failed to gain reelection in the state's entire history receiving far less than 40% of the vote.
Name please,
more questions may follow.

If you don't know off the top of your head, look it up. You supposedly know whom and which state you are referring to.
Until you do that minimal task, everything you just said is
bsbullf.gif

Again, when you provide the information more questions may follow.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
When the ACA (Obamacare) came out the loudest critics of the plan were the ones who knew the least about it. Now with a 54% approval rating people are beginning to understand that they can shop for health insurance in the same online manner in which they shop for car insurance. Medicare was the same way . Bob Dole filibustered the House using every means possible to kill it. I wonder now at age 96 who's paying his health insurance bill? The GOP might have succeeded in killing the ACA if not for the fact that the so called "better" replacement never existed and was a lie right from the outset
Don't US Senators receive the extra special government health care for life? Bet you did not hear in the 2 nights of debates any US Senators saying that they would be willing to give up their golden health care.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
If you really believe they will actually pass that on to us you are truly a fool. The amount we would have to pay for healthcare that's comparable will be way more than the raise after 30% taxes. Daf
I recall back in the 80's when all of our contract raises went directly into Health Care Accounts. So this is not something new.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You mean like the tax-cuts?

Lulz
Well, ya.
The idea that the money companies save with a 'Medicare for all' will trickle down to their employees is just delusional. Exactly like the tax cuts.

To suggest one would trickle down and the other wouldn't just shows partisan hypocrisy.

floridays

Well, ya.
The idea that the money companies save with a 'Medicare for all' will trickle down to their employees is just delusional. Exactly like the tax cuts.

To suggest one would trickle down and the other wouldn't just shows partisan hypocrisy.
Actually I think your analysis is lacking. Health care benefits were negotiated as part of a total compensation package. In the event of a single payer system, teamsters will walk if the equivalent of what is lost is not added to the wages. No need for "trickle" down.