United health insurance outlaws private insurance

bacha29

yep and you better have a back up plan because it does not pay squat
It as the advertising says pays around 80% of the allowable charges. That's why people purchase a Medicare supplement or a Medicare Advantage Plan which is what I have.

newfie

There really isn't such a thing as cutting spending . It's just passed down line to the state and local level.

strangely enough on this we agree , with one exception.

when passed down to the states there is a cap on what they recieve.
when it stays in the federal budget there is no cap .

whether we save anything or not is debatable but our budget cost will become more predictable as a result

newfie

It as the advertising says pays around 80% of the allowable charges. That's why people purchase a Medicare supplement or a Medicare Advantage Plan which is what I have.

and they only allow X amount of cost per procedure or service. So you have to find a doctor that will accept that payment or pay out of the pocket if you the doctor you've been with does not .

bacha29

strangely enough on this we agree , with one exception.

when passed down to the states there is a cap on what they recieve.
when it stays in the federal budget there is no cap .

whether we save anything or not is debatable but our budget cost will become more predictable as a result
Right . It's called federal block grants which limits the amount of dedicated dollars to a given program but if the program requires full funding then the states make up any shortfalls on mandated programs.

bacha29

and they only allow X amount of cost per procedure or service. So you have to find a doctor that will accept that payment or pay out of the pocket if you the doctor you've been with does not .
When my state stepped in and provided malpractice insurance coverage they required participating physicians to take Medicare patients.