toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
The last few peaks I worked I very seldom left the warmth (what litttle there was) of my truck. My helpers always got plenty of hours no mater what we were instructed to do by management. I learned early on that you could get away with murder during peak.
I did the same last year. I knew I was done a few days after peak anyway. Never heard a peep. Their noses are so stuck in the pc and paperwork they have no time to manage the hours, LOL.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Our center manager was telling us (before he left for vacation) that our center was planned for 9 helpers two weeks ago and we only had 3.

Every day for the last three weeks I pull out of the building past the same 5 or 6 casuals just standing around near turn-in area, no DIAD in hand.

I could probably help my center manager make the correlation here, but it's more fun to not care and get paid while watching management squirm.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I always make sure my helper is never sweating. He/she doesn't get paid enough to sweat.
Exactly! I get it's peak and we need to get stuff delivered, but why should helpers be run like dogs for $10 an hour with maybe 4 hours a day if they're lucky. I work like normal, maybe a little quicker, but I don't expect my helper to do all the work. He delivers his side of the street, and I deliver mine. The person who isn't delivering just organizes the car until the other gets back. It works out well.

W

What The Hawk?

At a contestant hustle in 43 degree weather, a steady 45 stops per hour can be obtained without a sweat.
It takes alot for me to sweat. I was busting ass as a helper last peak. Even in freezing weather. Lol

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I have a young girl I know got hired for preload/helper, and I told her early on what to expect about the call in procedure. It truly must suck to call in at 3am......

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
You ought to see how fast they run when its 20 below. I've had helpers who could out run the Flash in a hundred yards

Ha! That's why I'm in shorts for peak season... my motivation to get back to that warm cab ASAP

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I am not getting $19.50 hour... not even close. Someone posted the wage for helpers earlier, and that is what I am getting. I am a good worker, I walk faster than most people run.
I take pride in how I work, and I don't have to stop for a pee break very often. I guarantee I could keep up with the best of you on a 12 hour shift. JS.
If you're fast I don't want you as my helper. I learned a long time ago that the faster I go the more work I get the next day. Slow, steady & safe is my modus operandi.