iruhnman630

'You're holiday will begin soon enough.'

Sent by our center manager, after 7pm on a July 3rd, to those of us who were still out and looking at return to building times after 9 pm, after they sent home 8 - 10 drivers.

Some drivers had family waiting for them to start the fireworks etc.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
The Company is pushing for Sunday’s with non-consecutive days off in the next contract.
Automated deliveries are a lot further away than they like to think. Are they trying to make this job look as unappealing as they possibly can or what?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Do you realize that the Saturday drivers cover the area that 3 or 4 weekday drivers normally cover? The stops are not as concentrated and are much further apart.

Yup that's what I see on Saturdays. 3-4 brownie drivers on my rural route Monday-Friday. Then 1, sometimes 2 brownies on Saturday... and they'll be out till past dark when I clocked out at 1830

I thought you can get a map printout of the stops for the day & do what FedEx HD does...

I mark off the closed businesses on the map, and set them aside.

So it's still air priority then loop back and do ground? While covering an area that's up to 4x larger?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Oh, yes, with a real stepvan to maximize package selection... not in some BUDGET rental truck, running out the back of it at. every. stop.

Sooo... an get a map printout of the stops for the day and Just see the "big picture" of your combined area and go straight lining it on a Saturday? After your airs are done...