Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
No...it’s called lighting a fire under his ass.

Saturday’s are residential only. 30 stops should take no more than an hour or so.

That's very optimistic. I have a massive rural route on Saturday and it takes me around 3 hours to deliver to 30 purely residentials that are spread over 145 miles. I'm never late and have never gotten a nasty message like that.

W

What The Hawk?

On Mondays my residentials can cover 3-4 areas of mostly rural routes. Can be upwards of 10 miles between stops. They don't fly off the car.

55 stops has been around an 8 hour day.
I hope you have music to listen to. Gotta be good money though.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
If I want my tires rotated or oil changed he would be the first person I would call. I would never call him for delivery advice.

It wasn't advice, it was fact as other real drivers on your side chimed in

You should bid on a rural route after peak & let the newbies come in to do your BOG area for your final months.

More windshield time, less stops, less wear and tear on your body... save it so u can bounce that grandkid on thy knee like they on a galloping horse

Congrats on lasting that long!

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Not a mean message, but I was getting blown up with messages from my OMS to locate a misdelivered package on another route, to grab another drivers pickups and to do a follow up another diver “forgot” to do. Got mad and sent a message back “is there anything else I can do for you today” and received a reply “yeah large dunkin cream and sugar” on the way back to the building I bought coffee for the OMS guys in the office. They loved it.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
Maybe not “rude”, but an absolute kick in the junk when I had only 10 stops left...

Attachments

• B86E8939-149E-4AF4-85EC-A2C33C96C862.jpeg
    B86E8939-149E-4AF4-85EC-A2C33C96C862.jpeg
    60.1 KB · Views: 225

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

“Out of line”, well that’s subjective, but I think you can agree that being instructed to stay on the clock at least 13 hours on Xmas Eve is really, really crappy...

Absolutely; however, would it have been fair to let you leave at 9 hours and someone else at 15?

The way I read it was he was trying to make sure that everyone was able to leave at about the same time.

A few years ago our center manager st the time pulled the same stunt. I was done at 1830 but was forced to stay and run off a residential split. I punched out at 2130. I was pissed but I knew that he was trying to be fair to everyone.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
Absolutely; however, would it have been fair to let you leave at 9 hours and someone else at 15?

The way I read it was he was trying to make sure that everyone was able to leave at about the same time.

A few years ago our center manager st the time pulled the same stunt. I was done at 1830 but was forced to stay and run off a residential split. I punched out at 2130. I was :censored2: but I knew that he was trying to be fair to everyone.

Well, yes, but that wasn’t exactly the case...

This was from 2013, the year of #upsfail and #fedex fail. Not sure how things were in your center but every single package car was bricked out and when we pulled off the line in the morning the system was still backed up to kingdom come with packages. It was unreal. We were being instructed to return to building, load up, and go back out when we finished what we had. Just flat-out sucked.

I burned it up and skipped lunch to try to have an Xmas Eve with the fam. Lesson learned.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
received one on Saturday.

“You’ve only delivered 30 stops. You’re NOT NEW ANYMORE!”

This was my 3rd Saturday on this blind route. So I drove around angry for the next 7 hours. That’s safe!

As a fellow Masshole. I got this message which made me just absolutely livid. I drove around for the next 3 hours and 41 minutes plotting ways to make those bastards pay for such brazen lies. I mean really, who the friend* did they think they were talking to?

.3 LMAO!

IMG_20160511_112345208.jpg

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
“Who do you think you are talking to” after sending a smart Alex response back to a stupid question. I responded “you”

rod

Retired 22 years
I never had a message sent to me on a DIAD ---period. I retired before they were able to do that (thank god). If they wanted to say anything to you they had to leave a message at a pickup account or wait until the next day. Sometimes those messages left at pickup accounts were "missed".