When does the negotiations get to the economics/pay?

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
Don’t care about pension, health and welfare, or working conditions?

How about harassment or technology?
As a fairly new ft driver it wasnt that long ago when I was only getting to work twice a week at 18 bucks an hour. I could see how people could become short sighted. I quit a job for this job and took a heavy hit financially for the long term gain. Sometimes you get tunnel vision in those tough times and just need to be reminded of what the big picture looks like.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
$10/hr and no benefits. Oh wait, you said without the Union.
Who doesn’t get benifits? Do people stay at $10? Oh yeah, you meant PT lifers? Instead of spending all that time complaining about your life’s minimalistic shortages, why not drive a big brown truck for $100k a year? 25 years ago when I started, every PT had a goal of FT. Not anymore. Now the goal is to pray for $80 an hour with a 3.5 hour guarantee. Smh

Who doesn’t get benifits? Do people stay at $10? Oh yeah, you meant PT lifers? Instead of spending all that time complaining about your life’s minimalistic shortages, why not drive a big brown truck for $100k a year? 25 years ago when I started, every PT had a goal of FT. Not anymore. Now the goal is to pray for $80 an hour with a 3.5 hour guarantee. Smh
They want the money but they don't want to work the hours. On the other hand, the union sold out the part timers.

rudy5150

Do you blame part timers for not wanting full time as much as they wanted it in the past
They want the money but they don't want to work the hours. On the other hand, the union sold out the part timers.

Cant really blame the part timers though, they see the mess drivers are left to load themselves every morning, they see the drivers bitching and moaning every morning, maybe they dont want that life. Cant blame someone for not wanting to work 10 hour days.

Do you blame part timers for not wanting full time as much as they wanted it in the past

Cant really blame the part timers though, they see the mess drivers are left to load themselves every morning, they see the drivers bitching and moaning every morning, maybe they dont want that life. Cant blame someone for not wanting to work 10 hour days.
Back when I started almost everyones goal was to become a driver.

wide load

I don’t disagree. But when I was part time, I focused all my attention on how fast I could get full time. Who changed the old pt language?

wide load

Why would you not want to make 100K?